Projector Mini-Shootout Thread 2013-2014 - Page 301 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9001 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,762
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokker View Post
Maybe others have noticed this as well, but let me take this opportunity to thank Zombie and so many others to keep this thread alive and kicking - 300 pages and counting! My sincere thanks to the knowledgeable and regular posters (you know who you are) for making this thread an indispensable source of reference for so many. And for discussing everything that is interesting in the world of projectors - even those that are not in the $3000+ range, as evidenced from a few posts above. Keep up the good work, guys, and thanks again for 1) converting the regular Joes like me into regular visitors to the forums, and 2) into avid HT tech followers (junkies).


The seeds have been sown and shall spawn a new gen of fanatics. Cheers!
thanks for the comments and to everyone who participates with their experiences. 600K+ views, someone out there is reading our conversations.

The thread is a catch-all for any conversations regarding front projectors, from $500 Acer's to expensive Lumis models and everything in between.

3D conversation is always welcome, it's the main topic that started this back in 2011 when it was outcast in the various threads from those only interested in 2D.
zombie10k is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9002 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,762
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
Thanks for this post, this PJ has my interest, If the price is right I may just grab one. I can use my JVC for movies and the HD50 for TV and sports, I miss having a super bright DLP.
it looks identical to the vivitek model Kraine reviewed last year:



My one concern would be the huge amount of light leaking out of the fan area, but I guess for $820 I can't complain too much.

zombie10k is online now  
post #9003 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
it looks identical to the vivitek model Kraine reviewed last year:



My one concern would be the huge amount of light leaking out of the fan area, but I guess for $820 I can't complain too much.


Form what I have read it is the same body as last year but big improvement in picture quality and a 50 000 contrast compared to the 10 000 contrast.

That price range is nice. Also looks like there is no DLP link for 3d, that is nice. I found the 3d DLP link on my Benq down right frustrating.My JVC connects instantly and stays connected.

James Reid:D

Last edited by cardoski; 09-01-2014 at 11:21 AM.
cardoski is offline  
post #9004 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
it looks identical to the vivitek model Kraine reviewed last year:



My one concern would be the huge amount of light leaking out of the fan area, but I guess for $820 I can't complain too much.


One wonders if the contrast of some very modest projectors might not be dramatically improved by some sort of black velvet screen (box?) which prevents this spilling on ton the screen.


Steve W
Pecker is offline  
post #9005 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,762
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
Form what I have read it is the same body as last year but big improvement in picture quality and a 50 000 contrast compared to the 10 000 contrast.

That price range is nice. Also looks like there is no DLP link for 3d, that is nice. I found the 3d DLP link on my Benq down right frustrating.My JVC connects instantly and stays connected.
i've been looking around for first hand info, but most info I found looks more like a marketing preview vs. real measured performance. It still seems like an odd design to have that much light leaking out of the front.

It is good they decided on the RF but after the HD91 i'm a little caution on Optoma's claims. This is in a lower price category so i'm not expecting too much.

People were lined up 4 deep to grab that Sharp 30K, it's a shame they dropped out of the market.

BenQ definitely should have added the VESA port on the W7500, I wonder how many of these they actually sold since it's basically the same projector as the 2+ year old W7000.
zombie10k is online now  
post #9006 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I believe the HD50 is triple flash for 3D. I'm not sure what RF glasses will work with this projector. If the price is right it might be fun to give this a try for 3D. I'll just add it to the bottom of my wish list, which includes; Super Lumis, 110" OLED T.V., M.150s, either a new Epson, Sony or JVC with 4K and laser light source, HD50.
Deja Vu is offline  
post #9007 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
i've been looking around for first hand info, but most info I found looks more like a marketing preview vs. real measured performance. It still seems like an odd design to have that much light leaking out of the front.

It is good they decided on the RF but after the HD91 i'm a little caution on Optoma's claims. This is in a lower price category so i'm not expecting too much.

People were lined up 4 deep to grab that Sharp 30K, it's a shame they dropped out of the market.

BenQ definitely should have added the VESA port on the W7500, I wonder how many of these they actually sold since it's basically the same projector as the 2+ year old W7000.
Jason, you could have made Sharp some extra money by keeping there 30K around. But I guess it was too late.
blee0120 is offline  
post #9008 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
i've been looking around for first hand info, but most info I found looks more like a marketing preview vs. real measured performance. It still seems like an odd design to have that much light leaking out of the front.

It is good they decided on the RF but after the HD91 i'm a little caution on Optoma's claims. This is in a lower price category so i'm not expecting too much.

People were lined up 4 deep to grab that Sharp 30K, it's a shame they dropped out of the market.

BenQ definitely should have added the VESA port on the W7500, I wonder how many of these they actually sold since it's basically the same projector as the 2+ year old W7000.

There is a W7000 in the classified section for 1600 I believe, that is rather steep for that machine given it's age.But it is a sharp image and bright. That is what I want is bright and sharp, I have the JVC for Sci fi, but using if for anything else sort of bugs me, I rather not put TV and PC surfing hrs on such a beautiful machine. If I had the cash I certainly would have grabbed the Sharp, but in the end I have to keep my price range under 1000. I am half thinking of selling my JVC now so as to get more money for it. I am certainly upgrading next year to hopefully 4K but something brighter. I don't know...... I love the JVC it is amazing but they really need to bump up the light output.

A 1500 lumen JVC X500 would be mindblowing. edit:1500 calibrated lumens.

James Reid:D

Last edited by cardoski; 09-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
cardoski is offline  
post #9009 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Oh and yes I agree the light leak is odd.

James Reid:D
cardoski is offline  
post #9010 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
There is a W7000 in the classified section for 1600 I believe, that is rather steep for that machine given it's age.But it is a sharp image and bright. That is what I want is bright and sharp, I have the JVC for Sci fi, but using if for anything else sort of bugs me, I rather not put TV and PC surfing hrs on such a beautiful machine. If I had the cash I certainly would have grabbed the Sharp, but in the end I have to keep my price range under 1000. I am half thinking of selling my JVC now so as to get more money for it. I am certainly upgrading next year to hopefully 4K but something brighter. I don't know...... I love the JVC it is amazing but they really need to bump up the light output.

A 1500 lumen JVC X500 would be mindblowing.
They will probably have a 4k model with 1500 to 1600 lumens but 1200 max calibrated. The eshift models are 1300 lumens but 900 to 1000 calibrated. I think it's wise to get a good day to day projector first, most likely a DLP. Then, a movie projector. I know 4k is coming around the corner but it will be at least 3 more years to have enough to justify 4k. That leaves 4 years to enjoy a nice everyday 1080p projector.

When I do get a 4k projector, I doubt it will be my main projector. Even my movie projector, which is a X500/RS49, I sometimes watch a movie over because I know it looks better on my DLP.
blee0120 is offline  
post #9011 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,639
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
They will probably have a 4k model with 1500 to 1600 lumens but 1200 max calibrated. The eshift models are 1300 lumens but 900 to 1000 calibrated. I think it's wise to get a good day to day projector first, most likely a DLP. Then, a movie projector. I know 4k is coming around the corner but it will be at least 3 more years to have enough to justify 4k. That leaves 4 years to enjoy a nice everyday 1080p projector.

When I do get a 4k projector, I doubt it will be my main projector. Even my movie projector, which is a X500/RS49, I sometimes watch a movie over because I know it looks better on my DLP.
Where are you getting your information from?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
My Crazy Projector Journey!
Seegs108 is online now  
post #9012 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Where are you getting your information from?
My inside source. But just guess, if the current lumens were 1300 like stated, then it would be reasonably bright.

Last edited by blee0120; 09-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
blee0120 is offline  
post #9013 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
millerwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 11,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
There is a W7000 in the classified section for 1600 I believe, that is rather steep for that machine given it's age.But it is a sharp image and bright. That is what I want is bright and sharp, I have the JVC for Sci fi, but using if for anything else sort of bugs me, I rather not put TV and PC surfing hrs on such a beautiful machine. If I had the cash I certainly would have grabbed the Sharp, but in the end I have to keep my price range under 1000. I am half thinking of selling my JVC now so as to get more money for it. I am certainly upgrading next year to hopefully 4K but something brighter. I don't know...... I love the JVC it is amazing but they really need to bump up the light output.

A 1500 lumen JVC X500 would be mindblowing.
JVC's light output has changed only slightly from way back to the RS1, i.e, 800-900 lumens. They initially advertised only 'calibrated' lumens, i.e., the output when the pj was properly calibrated. Later, presumably to keep up with the competition, they began advertise max (uncalibrated) lumens, which were of course higher; but the 'calibrated' lumens have never changed much. It seems that the calibrated light output has been limited by the basic design of the light engine, which has focused on producing its outstanding native CR. It will thus likely take a radical re-design of the light engine, perhaps with a new technology, to make a significant increase in calibrated lumens.
millerwill is online now  
post #9014 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Yup I am convinced I need a second PJ. I need a super bright DLP that won't struggle with all the lights on when the boys are over for the game, one that has low lag for gaming and one that will be the work horse. Saving the JVC for the fancy stuff, like GOT and Movies. I changed my first bulb on my JVC X500 1500 hrs in, it was really dim. At this rate I will need 2 bulbs a year. About the cost of a decent DLP maybe a little less.

James Reid:D
cardoski is offline  
post #9015 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 466
I know it varies, but when and by how much do the JVC lamps start to dim? I'm around 550 hours and good so far on mine (RS4810). I only need/prefer around 12 ftL on my 108" wide screen, 1.0 gain. Should I be good until 1500 hours? The iris is at -3 right now. I'm in Low lamp mode and will have to ditch the lamp if I had to go into High, so that means I have 3 iris clicks left to maintain my light output.


Last edited by DavidHir; 09-01-2014 at 03:33 PM.
DavidHir is offline  
post #9016 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
I know it varies, but when and by how much do the JVC lamps start to dim? I'm around 550 hours and good so far on mine (RS4810). I only need/prefer around 12 ftL on my 108" wide screen, 1.0 gain. Should I be good until 1500 hours? The iris is at -3 right now. I'm in Low lamp mode and will have to ditch the lamp if I had to go into High, so that means I have 3 iris clicks left to maintain my light output.

I was at 11ftl at 1500hrs, I also have a 1.0 gain screen and I am in a velvet pit. However I ran mine in Hi lamp mode the whole time. This time I am in low mode. Actually I am watching it now and it is plenty bright, even with 1 lamp on in the back of the room, however the room is till to dark for football night and I have to bring in a few lamps so people can see their drinks lol.

Going from a very bright DLP was a real shock, it was sort of disappointing at first. Of course everything else about the picture is superior and I would not trade the contrast for brightness while watching movies.

James Reid:D

Last edited by cardoski; 09-01-2014 at 03:47 PM.
cardoski is offline  
post #9017 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
I was at 11ftl at 1500hrs, I also have a 1.0 gain screen and I am in a velvet pit. However I ran mine in Hi lamp mode the whole time. This time I am in low mode. Actually I am watching it now and it is plenty bright, even with 1 lamp on in the back of the room, however the room is till to dark for football night and I have to bring in a few lamps so people can see their drinks lol.

Going from a very bright DLP was a real shock, it was sort of disappointing at first. Of course everything else about the picture is superior and I would not trade the contrast for brightness while watching movies.
What size screen and throw distance?

DavidHir is offline  
post #9018 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
115in diagonal 16ft away shelf mounted vertically centered.
cardoski is offline  
post #9019 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Member
 
Rokker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just noticed that Optoma has now listed the HD90 on its U.S. website - which, from what I understood through earlier claims, was an oversees-only model.


So LED light source and 1200 lumens - does it make it a worthwhile contender for bulb-free, DLP-based 3d viewing? More importantly, would this 200 lumen light output gain make it a viable choice for those that found the HD91 underwhelming for 3d?
Rokker is offline  
post #9020 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,762
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 402
my understanding is that the HD90 is just the short throw version of the HD91, that may be why they are rating it at higher lumens.

There are 2-3 caveats that I found hard to ignore. The digital iris (LED dimming) and the lower than average lumen output in 3D mode. I'm talking about ~450-500 lumens. This was tough even dead center on my 2.8HP. The iris was more noticeable that I would have liked.

also the overall contrast was not in the same arena as the Sony/Epson and definitely not anywhere near the JVC's. If it had a street price around 2K I would be more forgiving. the cost it was selling for was nearly double and a hard sell for me.

I wish digital projection would update their 1000 LED model with 3D, even if it only cranked out ~800 lumens in 3D, it would be perfect for my setup since they can use a screen center lens shift. Same thing for Runco, just update the boards to the 8150 to handle 3D and maybe swap in a higher power lamp for some more lumens.
kawie01 likes this.
zombie10k is online now  
post #9021 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,639
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
my understanding is that the HD90 is just the short throw version of the HD91, that may be why they are rating it at higher lumens.

There are 2-3 caveats that I found hard to ignore. The digital iris (LED dimming) and the lower than average lumen output in 3D mode. I'm talking about ~450-500 lumens. This was tough even dead center on my 2.8HP. The iris was more noticeable that I would have liked.

also the overall contrast was not in the same arena as the Sony/Epson and definitely not anywhere near the JVC's. If it had a street price around 2K I would be more forgiving. the cost it was selling for was nearly double and a hard sell for me.

I wish digital projection would update their 1000 LED model with 3D, even if it only cranked out ~800 lumens in 3D, it would be perfect for my setup since they can use a screen center lens shift. Same thing for Runco, just update the boards to the 8150 to handle 3D and maybe swap in a higher power lamp for some more lumens.
I know the PD8150 can do it if they update the board for 3D and add a slightly beefier power supply. The Runco LS-10i used the same bulb as the PD8150, it was just spec'ed for higher wattage (up to 280 watts). They may have to rethink the cooling solution though. Even though the LS-10i had more lumen output, it's larger chassis gave it a distinct advantage. It was VERY quiet. Quieter than the PD1850 in low lamp mode. It was one of the coolest and quietest DLP's I've ever encountered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
My Crazy Projector Journey!
Seegs108 is online now  
post #9022 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,639
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Zombie, you could always pick up another PD8150 and use the Infitec passive filters. That would be an awesome 3D setup and a lot cheaper than buying a new 3D LS-5. Though, I think if I were to use that system I'd probably use two JVCs.

http://cine4home.de/installationen/J...3D_Infitec.htm
cardoski likes this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
My Crazy Projector Journey!
Seegs108 is online now  
post #9023 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,762
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 402
I read about that last year, my concern would be if there were any visible color artifacts. Those glasses didn't look very comfortable either.

i'd be more interested in an active setup if it's possible.

let me know if you find any LS-12's so I can just get this over with...
zombie10k is online now  
post #9024 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
So what would be the lumen gain and how would the stacked JVC's look in 2d? Does in actually double?

James Reid:D
cardoski is offline  
post #9025 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,639
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
So what would be the lumen gain and how would the stacked JVC's look in 2d? Does in actually double?
Contrast stays the same, lumens theoretically double, though each of the infitec filters may alter the brightness in a unique way. But roughly double the brightness, double the black level, same contrast, and a slightly softer image.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: Marantz VP-15S1 1080p High End DLP Projector - $1295
My Crazy Projector Journey!
Seegs108 is online now  
post #9026 of 9896 Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Contrast stays the same, lumens theoretically double, though each of the infitec filters may alter the brightness in a unique way. But roughly double the brightness, double the black level, same contrast, and a slightly softer image.
Thanks, slightly softer doesn't sound so good, but twice the lumen’s would be nice, being able to clamp that iris all the way down on my unity screen, would be something.

James Reid:D
cardoski is offline  
post #9027 of 9896 Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
greg1292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: INDIANA
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Mod's edit: Nonsense post deleted.

Last edited by Bob Sorel; 09-03-2014 at 11:19 AM.
greg1292 is offline  
post #9028 of 9896 Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Senior Member
 
mishari84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
I know it varies, but when and by how much do the JVC lamps start to dim? I'm around 550 hours and good so far on mine (RS4810). I only need/prefer around 12 ftL on my 108" wide screen, 1.0 gain. Should I be good until 1500 hours? The iris is at -3 right now. I'm in Low lamp mode and will have to ditch the lamp if I had to go into High, so that means I have 3 iris clicks left to maintain my light output.
Why would you do this?
mishari84 is offline  
post #9029 of 9896 Old 09-03-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post
Why would you do this?
High lamp mode sounds too loud on my RS4810 and my projector is not that far back behind me.

If I had to, I could probably live with it, but would prefer not.

I've read the 2014 JVCs are a bit quieter in high lamp - maybe that is another improvement JVC could make for the 2015 models.


Last edited by DavidHir; 09-03-2014 at 07:54 AM.
DavidHir is offline  
post #9030 of 9896 Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: great white north
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I'm looking forward to Zombie's 2014/15 shootout -- should be an exciting laser show.
Deja Vu is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h421020 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off