AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post
Hey Jason,

After MUCH research and back-and-forthing I ended up going with the Rythmik Audio FV15HP (you can see it in a couple pics in my build thread linked in my sig). It sounds great cranked really loud with music, as well as with HT. I have rarely heard port noise and it shakes everything in my house and has literally scared people at certain points in movies. Everyone is blown away by how much bass it puts out along with the two TC Sounds 8's in my monitors. For price/performance, I don't think you could make a much better choice unless you go the DIY route.
thanks for the feedback, it seems quite a few people like this sub for this price point. I have the perfect spot for it which will be visible. I like the overall appearance and will likely go for the piano black finish.

This will give me motivation to finish adding the other butt-kickers into my seats. I cheated and only installed 1 module in my seat 2 years ago and never finished the other 3. I love the BK's when they are tuned just right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9092 of 9103 Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post
Aw man! I don't know how you resist the temptation, LOL! If I had those subs just lying around; I'm sure in the midst of one of my alcohol induced loud music cravings I would have fired them up...and then had to answer to the police...more than once.
On rare occasion I do use the A7S-450 at modest volume levels. The Danley is earth-shattering. I dare not use it....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

post #9093 of 9103 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
thanks for the feedback, it seems quite a few people like this sub for this price point. I have the perfect spot for it which will be visible. I like the overall appearance and will likely go for the piano black finish.

This will give me motivation to finish adding the other butt-kickers into my seats. I cheated and only installed 1 module in my seat 2 years ago and never finished the other 3. I love the BK's when they are tuned just right.
No prob at all. In all my research I don't think I ever read any negative reviews on it. And according to Data-Bass testing the results are impressive. It equals or bests all on the list except for the DIY options.

I really wanted the piano-gloss black version because it looks really sleek and modern, but I ended up going with the flat-black option so it wouldn't stand out in my room from screen and room reflections (didn't want it to be too distracting during movie time).

Definitely get those other Butt-kickers installed; those are fun when tuned properly. My buddy has some, but I still haven't got used to them. Every time there's a big explosion they make me jump a little, LOL!

Good luck and have fun on your audio upgrades.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

post #9094 of 9103 Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
On rare occasion I do use the A7S-450 at modest volume levels. The Danley is earth-shattering. I dare not use it....
Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it!!! Hahaha, just kidding. Don't make the neighbors hate you. I bet it is tough having that beaut and not being able to play with it though. I would love to have a Danley setup. I wonder if I could convince the wife it was just a book case...hmmm...

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

post #9095 of 9103 Old Today, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
After all that work in the blackout thread you're considering a finish for your visible sub that could reflect light?!
post #9096 of 9103 Old Today, 06:26 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
After all that work in the blackout thread you're considering a finish for your visible sub that could reflect light?!
+1! Zombie, even matte black will stick out in our velevet rooms. Piano black would be even worse. I have three flat black subs below my screen and I had to partially cover them in velevet since they were reflecting an annoying amount of light.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #9097 of 9103 Old Today, 06:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
+1! Zombie, even matte black will stick out in our velevet rooms. Piano black would be even worse. I have three flat black subs below my screen and I had to partially cover them in velevet since they were reflecting an annoying amount of light.
+ 2 !!

Not to come down on Zombie's choice per se; I'm an audio head as much as a video guy, and I love speakers of all makes and finishes. But...given the context of this thread...

Once the entire front wall had been made velvet black my speakers, though a dark fairly matte wood, nagged at me because they were the only things visible around the image, especially during brighter scenes. It was when I covered them with velvet that I finally had that complete "room disappears" and nothing distracting from the image scenario.

Once you put a shiny finish (like Piano) on an object it really doesn't matter whether the underlying color is dark or not - that finish itself is made to reflect tons of light and will be shiny no matter what's underneath it. My friend who reviews audio equipment always has a new pair of speakers to the sides of his projection screen, and the shiny finish/piano black finishes have always been the most distracting to me.
Toe likes this.

Rich H

post #9098 of 9103 Old Today, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

yeah I don't know what I was thinking.. i'm attracted to black shiny objects. (JVC-RS55/Planar 8170)..

after all this hard work I will have to go with the matte finish and cover the 1 side that may face the side of the screen. And I get to save $200.

Toe and Mr. Hatcher like this.

post #9099 of 9103 Old Today, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 135
The conclusion PC draws below about the LS10000's 3D just doesn't cut it for me.

"3D Performance. Overall, 3D clarity is quite good on this unit, and the very high contrast helps give the image extra snap. We see a tiny bit of ghosting on occasion, but we've never seen a projector that was perfectly free of it. The best way to describe it would be to say that crosstalk is minimal, and among the best we've seen.

As is true of all 3D systems, the light that reaches your eyes is cut substantially compared to 2D. But it doesn't cut light quite as much as most projectors. Let's assume you have the LS10000 set up using the middle of the zoom on a 120" diagonal screen with 1.0 gain, you can use 3D Cinema (the dimmest 3D mode) and still get 6.2 fL actually reaching your eyes. Switching back to 2D, you can run Cinema mode at ECO power and come out at 13 fL (within the THX recommended range) or switch to Medium laser power at 18 fL for a brighter, punchier picture.

Bottom line, if 3D viewing is an interest of yours, there is nothing about the 3D performance on this projector to object to."

Oh, really? Sorry but I'm out! Welcome to the lunatic fringe.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/epso...ge=Performance
Toe likes this.

Last edited by Deja Vu; Today at 08:40 AM.
post #9100 of 9103 Old Today, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
yeah I don't know what I was thinking.. i'm attracted to black shiny objects. (JVC-RS55/Planar 8170)..

after all this hard work I will have to go with the matte finish and cover the 1 side that may face the side of the screen. And I get to save $200.

Beautiful!

I have to admit on one hand it's a bit of a bummer having to cover my speakers with velvet as I love a good speaker finish. On the other hand, if you fit the velvet covers well it looks very nice, like the speakers came that way.

Rich H

post #9101 of 9103 Old Today, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I agree with you Deja Vu and obviously the reviewers for PC have not seen good DLP 3D. I don't know where the statement comes from that they have never seen any projector perfectly free of ghosting. Well my friends at PC, come by my house and view my Sim2 Lumis and you'll be proven perfectly wrong. I have never had a single issue of ghosting or crosstalk on my projector since its inception in my home.
Deja Vu likes this.
post #9102 of 9103 Old Today, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Yes Zombie, cover them subs or get out.

James Reid:D

Last edited by cardoski; Today at 10:59 AM.
post #9103 of 9103 Old Today, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

Bottom line, if 3D viewing is an interest of yours, there is nothing about the 3D performance on this projector to object to."

Oh, really? Sorry but I'm out! Welcome to the lunatic fringe.
to be fair, he did say interest, not full blown OCD for perfect 3D...

someone has to run the L/R patterns on this model

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h421020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page