Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberanalyst View Post
I may just be "lucky" in that I've watched more than a dozen 3D movies and videos on my RS4910 (with Xpand BT glasses/emitter and SMX woven 132" diagonal AT screen) and I very rarely see any ghosting whatsoever.

I suspect the reason we're seeing different things on JVC X500/RS4910 projectors is because of:

1. The amount of screen polarization present, and more importantly...
2. The type of 3D glasses and emitter used.
3. Brightness is a huge factor as well. When I moved from my 1.3 ST130 to my 2.8 HP ghosting became much more apparent and easily noticed. 132" AT screen is not going to produce a very bright 3d image in all due respect and ghosting will simply not be as obvious as someone getting a brighter image.

4. General sensitivity to ghosting in general. Just like any A/V anomaly, some notice ghosting more than others and/or are bothered more than others.

5. Amount of 3d experience. Someone who has watched 100 3d movies vs 10 has more exposure/time involved in 3d viewing in general which could mean being more aware or sensitive to ghosting.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP

Last edited by Toe; 10-19-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 9275 Old 10-19-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
You just don't understand the point I'm trying to make.
Whatever. Not wort answering.
post #9273 of 9275 Old 10-19-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond7 View Post
On the Projection Calculator the shortest throw is 16.2 for the JVC and 16 for the Sony on a 159 inch screen. If I shelf mount the JVC or Sony at 17 will I be okay as far as pincushion or any other problems? This will be my first projector, so I want to make sure.
Pincushion is a problem only if using an A-lens and short throw. If you get any pincushion when not using an A-lens, then it is the lens it's self and throw distance does not have anything to do with it. You worry about hot spotting with short throw distance. Though not a problem with an HP screen.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #9274 of 9275 Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for letting me know, Mike. I just need to make up mind between the Sony 55 vs. JVC 4910. For gaming I can always buy a used benq. 1070. Which would you choose if you want the best for 3D blu-rays and watching sports like boxing, football and basketball? I know JVC is better for 2d. Is the JVC almost as good at 3d(if I use the Xpand glasses) and watching sports?
post #9275 of 9275 Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond7 View Post
Thanks for letting me know, Mike. I just need to make up mind between the Sony 55 vs. JVC 4910. For gaming I can always buy a used benq. 1070. Which would you choose if you want the best for 3D blu-rays and watching sports like boxing, football and basketball? I know JVC is better for 2d. Is the JVC almost as good at 3d(if I use the Xpand glasses) and watching sports?
I'm not answering for Mike but if you want the best 2D looking image then the JVC is awesome. Hard to beat in that category. The only caveat I've found from my JVC is motion handling. When a movie pans you can really see the judder effect. You get used to it but I wish it wasn't there. Any sport that has a lot of motion to the camera and you'll see the same effect. Football, boxing, baseball, Tennis, golf etc etc where the camera is more stationary won't be too bad but hockey, basketball, soccer and such where the camera moves a lot will be affected.

I don't own the HW55 but do own the HW40. I think the HW55 is probably the best all around projector. It's good at brightness, blacks, motion, video games (low latency) and probably has similar 3D as the JVC (not too sure though). The only caveats for the Sony would be softer looking lens and no automated lens shift and zoom.

So it will come down to what your priorities are. What's important for you. What you're willing to sacrifice and what you're not willing to. If gaming, sports and maybe 3D are a lower priority and 2D is the highest priority, then my vote would be for the JVC. If you want the best of all the categories, then I'd vote for the HW55. Tough decision I know but I can tell you that you'll be really happy with either of those projectors!

edit:

If you went with a two projector set up using the W1070....you could use the BenQ for sports, gaming as well as 3D. It would nicely compliment the JVC

Last edited by Crabalocker; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.
post #9276 of 9275 Old Today, 12:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Seegs108.

I am curious of your conclution after side by side testing the X500, Planar and VW1100??

Regards
Andreas

My Homecinema

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h421020 by PriceGrabber.com