post #9511 of 9515 Old Today, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post
Does the 1000 have a way to control the most open iris position and still use the auto iris? My previous Sony had a way to do that in the service menu.

--Darin
There is no way to do this on the 1000/1100 in the standard menu. I'll have to look in the service menu as I would like to crank it down to something in between auto-full and auto-limited.

I tested a number of scenes with quick APL shifts, the 600 iris is more noticeable vs. the 1100 a direct a/b with a split source. It seems like they tuned it a bit more aggressively.

I haven't calibrated the 1100 since I had the motherboard upgraded. Saturation tracking is very good with minor dE's, it passes the full color check also with very low dE's. That's pretty good considering it doesn't have a CMS.

We should be far enough along by now where this should be a given. There's no reason a current projector shouldn't have a solid R709 setting with good saturation track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 9515 Old Today, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 366
seegs, if folks didn't read your old posts, they would think you were a JVC fan for a long time.

you were digging into the JVC's a while back, I think before you saw the new 2010+ series. i was getting heck on how much better the DLP's were in motion, etc. so I had to check out a nice DLP like the Planar to see what all the fuss was about. I still like the Planar, it's a great overall projector. it would be perfect if it had better contrast and 3D.

since then I've had practically every JVC here since the RS40. I think you've had or seen most of them as well. They certainly improved in some areas (out of the box color space performance) and took a bit of a step back in others such as the e-shift / MPC. I still think the first version was the best imo. 3D has certainly been improved.

I think it's good they skipped this year, I think this chassis is about done after 4+ years. I hope they have something great cooking over the next few months to surprise everyone in the fall 2015.

now that you're done with the projectors, what are you going to do for the next 10 months...

watch some movies on the X500??
post #9513 of 9515 Old Today, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
seegs, if folks didn't read your old posts, they would think you were a JVC fan for a long time.

you were digging into the JVC's a while back, I think before you saw the new 2010+ series. i was getting heck on how much better the DLP's were in motion, etc. so I had to check out a nice DLP like the Planar to see what all the fuss was about. I still like the Planar, it's a great overall projector. it would be perfect if it had better contrast and 3D.

since then I've had practically every JVC here since the RS40. I think you've had or seen most of them as well. They certainly improved in some areas (out of the box color space performance) and took a bit of a step back in others such as the e-shift / MPC. I still think the first version was the best imo. 3D has certainly been improved.

I think it's good they skipped this year, I think this chassis is about done after 4+ years. I hope they have something great cooking over the next few months to surprise everyone in the fall 2015.

now that you're done with the projectors, what are you going to do for the next 10 months...

watch some movies on the X500??
Right now I'm deciding which PC monitor I want to keep. I have an LG 34UM94 and Acer XB280HK. One of them will ultimately replace me Dell 3007WFP-HC which is a great monitor in it's own right. The former is a 21:9 3440 x 1440 IPS LED backlit monitor which is unlike anything I've used before. The latter is a true UHD 3840 x 2160 TN based monitor. The Acer is currently the only G-Sync enabled 4K monitor which I'm probably going to need to game at 4K with decent settings on. It's a tough call. Both have unique qualities. I'm leaning more towards the LG even though this model suffers from some IPS glow in the corners. These damn first world problems are going to be the end of me...
post #9514 of 9515 Old Today, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Right now I'm deciding which PC monitor I want to keep. I have an LG 34UM94 and Acer XB280HK. One of them will ultimately replace me Dell 3007WFP-HC which is a great monitor in it's own right. The former is a 21:9 3440 x 1440 IPS LED backlit monitor which is unlike anything I've used before. The latter is a true UHD 3840 x 2160 TN based monitor. The Acer is currently the only G-Sync enabled 4K monitor which I'm probably going to need to game at 4K with decent settings on. It's a tough call. Both have unique qualities. I'm leaning more towards the LG even though this model suffers from some IPS glow in the corners. These damn first world problems are going to be the end of me...
I use a 39in 4K Seiki with a few custom resolutione like 2560X1440 @72hz and 1920X1080@120hz for gaming. I have had A LOT of monitors and it is with out a doubt the best I have had. Once calibrated with a meter the picture is fantastic. Not a good tv, but one hell of a versatile monitor. I had 3 Samsung 2ms 120hz 3D monitors in eyefinty and when I got the Seiki I sold them. Also have an 27in IPS and prefer the Seiki. Again uncalibrated as a TV it is crap, but calibrated with custom resolution a dream monitor. Reading text at 2k res on a 39in screen is also really nice.

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Th...on-Utility-CRU

James Reid:D

Last edited by cardoski; Today at 09:59 PM.
post #9515 of 9515 Old Today, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 278
The 30hz limitation at UHD resolution is a killer for me on the Seiki displays.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h421020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page