post #9631 of 10010 Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
No, but it is less than 1/3 the cost of the VW1100 (and just more than 1/2 of cost of the VW600) and should hold its brightness ands calibration a lot longer with no lamp replacement issues.
True but that still doesn't mean it can light up a 145" scope AT 1.0 screen until we really know what its capable of.
We don't know how the 1500 lumens is measured with a laser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 10010 Old 11-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Projector Central and Cine4home also gave the Epson excellent reviews:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/epso...tor_review.htm

http://translate.google.ca/translate...tm&prev=search

Ekki at Cine4home compared the on/off contrast of the LS10000 to the JVC 700 in one of the earlier LS10000 threads on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I don't think either though mention if it can light up a BIG screen though as the Sony 4K can.
Yeah, but Epson still hasn't released the projector for sale so I'd take all reviews with a grain of salt until someone reviews a unit that hasn't possibly been cherry picked or altered by the manufacturer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the projector throws a great image (it had better for $8000 MSRP), but I try not to get too overly excited until the finished product is on the market and gets reviewed by a few different people.

And I'm sure the Epson does well in full on/off contrast as the light source totally shuts off. But when a little bit of light is introduced in the content, the black floor will rise quite a bit. I'm curious to see some actual measurements here.

Personally, I'm still waiting for 4K to become mainstream with more content, for all the 4K hardware/software standards to be set in stone, and for the hardware to get refined a bit more.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9633 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post
Yeah, but Epson still hasn't released the projector for sale so I'd take all reviews with a grain of salt until someone reviews a unit that hasn't possibly been cherry picked or altered by the manufacturer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the projector throws a great image (it had better for $8000 MSRP), but I try not to get too overly excited until the finished product is on the market and gets reviewed by a few different people.

And I'm sure the Epson does well in full on/off contrast as the light source totally shuts off. But when a little bit of light is introduced in the content, the black floor will rise quite a bit. I'm curious to see some actual measurements here.
I understand your scepticism. However, Ekki addressed this issue in some of his posts on this forum following his review. According to him this projector has on/off similar to the JVC 700, which is about as good as it presently gets. It should come out of absolute black extremely well -- in fact with on/off this good it probably comes out of absolute black better than my gamma corrected G90 did -- it had to come out quickly to recover shadow detail. I have a Mits 8000 3D DLP projector that does absolute black and it comes out of black surprisingly well and it has nowhere near the on/off contrast ratio of the LS10000. If my memory is correct I think Cine4home found a dynamic on/off contrast ratio (they took your concern about one white pixel into account) of 220,000:1 -- so coming out of black should be pretty close to seamless.

Art, BTW complained about the sample of the LS10000 he received and expects the production units to be much better -- especially in the area of convergence.

If the LS10000 is as good as the reviewers claim I believe it will encourage other HT manufactures to transition more quickly to laser light sources. I believe that's a good thing.
maximus74 and Mr. Hatcher like this.
post #9634 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:

Personally, I'm still waiting for 4K to become mainstream with more content, for all the 4K hardware/software standards to be set in stone, and for the hardware to get refined a bit more.
That is probably $8,000 MAP, not MSRP. In other words, actual selling price.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #9635 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Didn't you see one Craig at one of the shows?

10 minutes of viewing without a light meter, not knowing how ( or even if ) the projector was calibrated, is nowhere near enough time or information to make a valid conclusion. A few more reviews means a larger sample pool than one projector also.
Mr. Hatcher likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #9636 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The reviews so far seem to really compliment the LS10000, and I'd be tempted to stretch my budget to get one, but since I'd be using it with an ambient light screen for both day/night viewing, it would get 10-12 hours/day of use. Unless the lamp is replaceable, I can't see it working out for me. Trying to sell one of these used would probably be a difficult proposition as well, if the lamp cannot be replaced. Unless the lamp can be replaced, this projector would be a limited fit - applicable to those who plan on keeping the same projector for a very long time, with limited daily use (6 hours or less/day), or someone with disposable income.

Dave
Mr. Hatcher likes this.

FOR SALE: Wireworld Platinum 6 1M HDMI Cable. Originally $1000, selling for $500 obo. Please PM me, if interested.
post #9637 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I understand your scepticism. However, Ekki addressed this issue in some of his posts on this forum following his review. According to him this projector has on/off similar to the JVC 700, which is about as good as it presently gets. It should come out of absolute black extremely well -- in fact with on/off this good it probably comes out of absolute black better than my gamma corrected G90 did -- it had to come out quickly to recover shadow detail. I have a Mits 8000 3D DLP projector that does absolute black and it comes out of black surprisingly well and it has nowhere near the on/off contrast ratio of the LS10000. If my memory is correct I think Cine4home found a dynamic on/off contrast ratio (they took your concern about one white pixel into account) of 220,000:1 -- so coming out of black should be pretty close to seamless.

Art, BTW complained about the sample of the LS10000 he received and expects the production units to be much better -- especially in the area of convergence.

If the LS10000 is as good as the reviewers claim I believe it will encourage other HT manufactures to transition more quickly to laser light sources. I believe that's a good thing.
I really hope the early reviews are indicative of what the actual product will be like, maybe it will be even better. We really need a projector like this to drive innovation by other manufacturers. Competition and innovation is critical at this stage in the whole 4K process. I'm definitely stoked to see what comes to fruition over the next couple years. Exciting times these are! I'm just ready to have a projector that turns on/off instantly and that I never have to change the light engine on, has JVC contrast, better than JVC brightness, and native 4K panels. Oh yeah, and costs <$10K.
Craig Peer and cardoski like this.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9638 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
That is probably $8,000 MAP, not MSRP. In other words, actual selling price.
Yeah, I pulled that number from CNET. They list $8000 by MSRP, but it could end up being MAP. I've read a couple other places that both models will be <$8000, but that very well could mean that the upper model ends up being $7999.99.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9639 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Happy Veterans Day to those who have served and continue to serve, regardless of Nationality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VeteransDay.png
Views:	27
Size:	463.0 KB
ID:	362009  
Deja Vu, Craig Peer and zombie10k like this.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9640 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
The reviews so far seem to really compliment the LS10000, and I'd be tempted to stretch my budget to get one, but since I'd be using it with an ambient light screen for both day/night viewing, it would get 10-12 hours/day of use. Unless the lamp is replaceable, I can't see it working out for me. Trying to sell one of these used would probably be a difficult proposition as well, if the lamp cannot be replaced. Unless the lamp can be replaced, this projector would be a limited fit - applicable to those who plan on keeping the same projector for a very long time, with limited daily use (6 hours or less/day), or someone with disposable income.

Dave
Again Ekki addressed this concern about the replacement of the lasers in his comments in the LS10000 thread. He seemed to feel that replacement wouldn't be all that expensive but would be done by the manufacturer rather than the customer. He referred to some of the business laser projectors and the replacement of their lasers, which he claimed wasn't a big deal. I believe the replacement of the laser by the manufacturer will be true for all HT laser projectors made by Sony, JVC, Epson, etc. I suspect that in the near future the premier projectors from the major manufacturers will be mostly laser. Anyone who has a problem with the lasers being replaced by the manufacturer may be precluding him/herself from owning what may be some of the better HT projectors on offer.

Personally I wouldn't call six hours a day, 24/7 limited use. I doubt very much many here are in their home theatres six hours every day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year, year after year. I'm tempted but I think I'll pass for now.

We will just have to see how how all of this pans out. I'm hopeful that we are now commencing a positive transition from lamp based projectors to laser based ones. I've now lived with a laser/led hybrid projector (as well as concurrently owning several lamp based projectors) for some time and I'm completely sold on non-lamp based projectors.

Last edited by Deja Vu; 11-11-2014 at 03:19 PM.
post #9641 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Again Ekki addressed this concern about the replacement of the lasers in his comments in the LS10000 thread. He seemed to feel that replacement wouldn't be all that expensive but would be done by the manufacturer rather than the customer. He referred to some of the business laser projectors and the replacement of their lasers, which he claimed wasn't a big deal. I believe the replacement of the laser by the manufacturer will be true for all HT laser projectors made by Sony, JVC, Epson, etc. I suspect that in the near future the premier projectors from the major manufacturers will be mostly laser. Anyone who has a problem with the lasers being replaced by the manufacturer may be precluding him/herself from owning what may be some of the better HT projectors on offer.

Personally I wouldn't call six hours a day, 24/7 limited use. I doubt very much many here are in their home theatres six hours every day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year, year after year. I'm tempted but I think I'll pass for now.

We will just have to see how how all of this pans out. I'm hopeful that we are now commencing a positive transition from lamp based projectors to laser based ones. I've now lived with a laser/led hybrid projector (as well as concurrently owning several lamp based projectors) for some time now and I'm completely sold on non-lamp based projectors.
That's hopefully good news! If Epson ends up confirming the ability to replace the laser, then I would seriously consider this projector.

I didn't understand your "six hours a day, 24/7 limited use" comment - those are two different uses. I mentioned 6 hours or less/day as limited use, compared to the 12 hours a day I would use a projector (kids using it during the day). Of course, 24/7 would not at all be considered limited use - I don't think I mentioned 24/7 anyway. For those folks using the projector/screen for their TV, they may very well be using it more than 6 hours per day, 7 days per week - especially if kids are using it during the daytime hours.

I'll be curious to see user's comments, once these units are selling.

Thanks,
Dave

FOR SALE: Wireworld Platinum 6 1M HDMI Cable. Originally $1000, selling for $500 obo. Please PM me, if interested.
post #9642 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quote:

We will just have to see how how all of this pans out. I'm hopeful that we are now commencing a positive transition from lamp based projectors to laser based ones. I've now lived with a laser/led hybrid projector (as well as concurrently owning several lamp based projectors) for some time and I'm completely sold on non-lamp based projectors.

I'm sold on the idea of laser / led / ABL ( anything but lamps ) myself. Just a matter of time IMO.

6 hours a day / 7 days a week - that's like having the TV on from the minute you get home at 5pm, until you go to bed at 11pm. I'm more a 2 - 4 movies ( or HDTV equivalent ) of 90 - 250 minutes each a week. That's 300 - 500 hours a year. My next laser 4K projector is going to have to be really top quality, since it could last me a long time!!

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
post #9643 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Yeah, I pulled that number from CNET. They list $8000 by MSRP, but it could end up being MAP. I've read a couple other places that both models will be <$8000, but that very well could mean that the upper model ends up being $7999.99.
$7,999 was the price that was being thrown around. Will have to wait and see. This is new territory for Epson. They have never had an HT projector at this high a price point before.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #9644 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
That's hopefully good news! If Epson ends up confirming the ability to replace the laser, then I would seriously consider this projector.

I didn't understand your "six hours a day, 24/7 limited use" comment - those are two different uses. I mentioned 6 hours or less/day as limited use, compared to the 12 hours a day I would use a projector (kids using it during the day). Of course, 24/7 would not at all be considered limited use - I don't think I mentioned 24/7 anyway. For those folks using the projector/screen for their TV, they may very well be using it more than 6 hours per day, 7 days per week - especially if kids are using it during the daytime hours.

I'll be curious to see user's comments, once these units are selling.

Thanks,
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I'm sold on the idea of laser / led / ABL ( anything but lamps ) myself. Just a matter of time IMO.

6 hours a day / 7 days a week - that's like having the TV on from the minute you get home at 5pm, until you go to bed at 11pm. I'm more a 2 - 4 movies ( or HDTV equivalent ) of 90 - 250 minutes each a week. That's 300 - 500 hours a year. My next laser 4K projector is going to have to be really top quality, since it could last me a long time!!
I average 3000 hours/year on my projector as it's my primary TV. Me and my wife work opposite schedules so she uses it to watch TV during the day, work out videos, movies, etc... Then when I get home from work at 1:30 AM it's generally just used for background noise and watching the Science, Discovery & History channels, playing video games, watching the occasional movie, etc... All in all, I'd say the projector runs for around 8 hours/day. So I go through 1-lamp/year. That's a high TCO (total cost of ownership) for a single item...that's a car payment, LOL! Needless to say, I'm ready for the day I get to cross over to non-lamp based projector tech that will last me 8-12 years before needing to be changed. Although I'll more than likely upgrade my projector before I would even need to worry about replacing an LED/laser/hybrid light engine powered pj.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9645 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
$7,999 was the price that was being thrown around. Will have to wait and see. This is new territory for Epson. They have never had an HT projector at this high a price point before.
Personally, I think Epson should have used native 4K panels and kept the price at ~$8000.00. That would've forced Sony & JVC to really tighten up and get to work on making their 4K wares more affordable (or just available period for JVC). If I was in the market this year, I wouldn't be spending $8000 for a 2K resolution projector. It was hard for me to even do that last year, granted I didn't spend anywhere near MSRP. This is a tricky buying time for display tech with all the 4K loose ends that still need to be tied up.

If I was in the market right now, I would just get a JVC X500/49/4910 (so long as I could get a good deal on one), and enjoy that beast for the next couple years. Then upgrade once all the 4K standards have been set in stone and much more 4K content has been made readily available.

No need to jump the gun at this point, unless you just got the money to do so. Like I stated earlier, at this early stage you're just a beta tester in production. High initial cost to continue to fuel R&D and fix all the early bugs. But hey, someone's gotta do it. Hell, if I made a lot more money, I'd gladly sign up...

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9646 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Personally, I think Epson should have used native 4K panels and kept the price at ~$8000.00.
I doubt they were ready from a technology and cost standpoint especially given this is their first attempt at Lcoq (higher R&D no doubt).

I agree though; no way in hell I would spend anywhere near $8K for a 2K projector at this point. The RS4910 would definitely be the way to go for someone; I plan on riding it out with my RS4810 until 4K becomes affordable for me (i.e, $5Kish) and specs fleshed out for 4K Blu.

Last edited by DavidHir; 11-11-2014 at 06:32 PM.
post #9647 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
I doubt they were ready from a technology and cost standpoint especially given this is their first attempt at Lcoq (higher R&D no doubt).

I agree though; no way in hell I would spend anywhere near $8K for a 2K projector at this point. In fact, I have no plans to spend money on any 1080p display or projector again (okay, something like a 27" home office LED might be an exception).
Exactly. I don't think this was a smart move on Epson's part. I think they would've been better off to design this around native 4K panels and release it next year. I just don't see them making that much money off of these. I could be wrong though, just my opinion. For Epson's sake and the folks that make a living selling their projectors, I hope they fly off the shelves!

But yeah, I definitely won't be purchasing another 2K projector. My JVC X700 is a mighty fine placeholder for now. It will take one helluvah projector to dethrone that from my ceiling.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9648 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I average 3000 hours/year on my projector as it's my primary TV. Needless to say, I'm ready for the day I get to cross over to non-lamp based projector tech that will last me 8-12 years before needing to be changed. Although I'll more than likely upgrade my projector before I would even need to worry about replacing an LED/laser/hybrid light engine powered pj.
Sim2 has led units that they claim last 30,000 hours -- that's eight hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year for more than ten years. Just think of all the money you could save on lamps -- all you need to do is spend the $14,000 upfront and you're set. Just stay away from this forum and pretend 4K doesn't exist.
post #9649 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sim2 has led units that they claim last 30,000 hours -- that's eight hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year for more than ten years. Just think of all the money you could save on lamps -- all you need to do is spend the $14,000 upfront and you're set. Just stay away from this forum and pretend 4K doesn't exist.
Hahahahaha! I could maybe swing ~$10K for a 4K LED/laser/hybrid pj, but it would take an act of Congress to keep me off AVS...unless I got banned...which wouldn't be very nice. Upgraditis is contagious stuff I tell ya. It doesn't wash off either, until you're broke...

Plus, this is one of the few places I can geek out and have man talk. With my wife and her sister always around, it's just Facebook this, Keeping Up With the Kardashians that, and E! TV all day. I swear I'd grow boobs if I didn't have AVS and a couple of buddies that thankfully haven't moved away yet.
thezaks and maximus74 like this.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9650 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Exactly. I don't think this was a smart move on Epson's part. I think they would've been better off to design this around native 4K panels and release it next year. I just don't see them making that much money off of these. I could be wrong though, just my opinion. For Epson's sake and the folks that make a living selling their projectors, I hope they fly off the shelves!

But yeah, I definitely won't be purchasing another 2K projector. My JVC X700 is a mighty fine placeholder for now. It will take one helluvah projector to dethrone that from my ceiling.
Give me a steady light source with at least 1200 lumens. I'm finally building my house this spring. I nice family room that is 42ft by 14ft. It's screaming for an AT screen. I just need the lumens to light it up.
post #9651 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
Give me a steady light source with at least 1200 lumens. I'm finally building my house this spring. I nice family room that is 42ft by 14ft. It's screaming for an AT screen. I just need the lumens to light it up.
cine4home states the LS10000 can light up a 3M wide screen ok, maybe this isn't enough for those of us that have AT screens 145" diag?

By the optical 4K enhancement, optimized and well-configurable super-resolution, a powerful scaling, the intermediate image calculation and the fast response of the R-LCD Epson LS10000 total achieved a very pleasing sharpness of detail both in static and moving image content. This is also good optically projected on the screen, because the built Fujinon lens shows even with large image widths of about 3m no significant weaknesses.
post #9652 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Heck yeah man, that's exciting! You gonna create a build thread?

I would like to have a dedicated A/V screening room some day as well, with an AT screen.

These AT screens look nice (they have some new stuff they just came out with): http://www.seymourav.com/screens.asp

And you can get manual masking panels that are much cheaper than the motorized versions. But then you don't get the cool factor that comes along with pressing a button and watching it happen automagically.

The option is there though...options are good.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #9653 of 10010 Old 11-11-2014, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
cine4home states the LS10000 can light up a 3M wide screen ok, maybe this isn't enough for those of us that have AT screens 145" diag?

By the optical 4K enhancement, optimized and well-configurable super-resolution, a powerful scaling, the intermediate image calculation and the fast response of the R-LCD Epson LS10000 total achieved a very pleasing sharpness of detail both in static and moving image content. This is also good optically projected on the screen, because the built Fujinon lens shows even with large image widths of about 3m no significant weaknesses.

When 4k hit big in a year or two, I'm good with my x500. Got to work on my audio while waiting
post #9654 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

I agree though; no way in hell I would spend anywhere near $8K for a 2K projector at this point. The RS4910 would definitely be the way to go for someone; I plan on riding it out with my RS4810 until 4K becomes affordable for me (i.e, $5Kish) and specs fleshed out for 4K Blu.
It is Epson's second attempt. First time, did not work out so well. Not many of their first attempt out there. Speculation was, Epson could not get high enough yield on their chips, so the new projectors that were announced at CEDIA that year were scrapped.

post #9655 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
That size room is going to be screaming for lots of subs also. I would love to have a 14' x 24' room and have two rows of three seats. Congrats on the new place. Putting that room together should be exciting.

post #9656 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

3 meters is 118.8 inches wide. My 2.35:1 screen is 118" wide - that's 128" diagonal. I don't consider that particularly large.

One good thing with laser will be the end of the low lamp / high lamp juggling game. If a laser projector can light up your screen as bright as you wish at a particular brightness setting ( and it would be nice if they all had low / medium / high brightness settings ), it should hold that level for a long time for most people.

post #9657 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
3 meters is 118.8 inches wide. My 2.35:1 screen is 118" wide - that's 128" diagonal. I don't consider that particularly large.

3M wide is certainly not a large screen, its pretty obvious the LS10000 would never light up my screen with the lumens my VW1100 can. Was thinking of having a second projector but looks like this wont fit the bill fore me.
post #9658 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
3M wide is certainly not a large screen, its pretty obvious the LS10000 would never light up my screen with the lumens my VW1100 can. Was thinking of having a second projector but looks like this wont fit the bill fore me.
118" wide isn't bad size wise from my viewing distance of 12' though. I've got friends coming over to watch " Snowpiercer " on it tonight in fact ! The VW600 throws a bright image on a screen that size !

post #9659 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Now you guys are just rubbing it in and making all of us with short screens (107" wide here) feel inadequate.

post #9660 of 10010 Old 11-12-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
It is Epson's second attempt. First time, did not work out so well. Not many of their first attempt out there. Speculation was, Epson could not get high enough yield on their chips, so the new projectors that were announced at CEDIA that year were scrapped.
Interesting. By first attempt, I was thinking production ready models - when you say not many of their first attempt out there, did some actually make production and hit the market?

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h421020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page