Projector Mini-Shootout Thread 2013-2014 - Page 326 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9751 of 9760 Old 11-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Do you guys think this curved sensor tech would be beneficial in projectors? Seems like it could eliminate chromatic aberration and the amount of glass elements needed in the lens array.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/227...-better-images

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Yeah, this really bothered me at first on my RS40 and I even went over to Sam's house (damnsam77) to look at his RS40 who I went in on a group buy with and his showed the same thing, but it was not as obvious on his lower gain AT screen since his image was not as bright in general. My RS45 is just as bad, but for me it became a non issue since it never reveals itself in normal content. It would be nice to have it fixed though one of these years. Obviously it's not eshift related since the non eshift models suffer the exact same thing.

On a side note, I am feeling less and less the need to upgrade for some reason as my RS45 at almost 1200 hours on the bulb still looks excellent to my eyes. I also have a spare bulb in the hanger. My plan right now is to skip next year as well and see where projectors are at in 2016. Might do some audio upgrades though in the meantime.
2015 may test your resolve.
Toe likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #9753 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
That sounds intriguing - what do we have to look forward to in 2015?
post #9754 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post
Do you guys think this curved sensor tech would be beneficial in projectors? Seems like it could eliminate chromatic aberration and the amount of glass elements needed in the lens array.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/227...-better-images
you had to mention dpreview... having flashbacks.. I was able to break away from my D-SLR obsession a while ago, I still have some great Nikon equipment here. I switched gears and started playing with the 4K GoPro camera for aerial photography. it looks excellent in 4K on the Sony.

post #9755 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:

You know something I don't? I hope your right Mike! I would much prefer to have my will power tested with something great!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #9756 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
some interesting info from the VW300 review at trusted reviews:

JVC assures us it believes it will be in a position to respond to the VW300ES’s game-changing price and capabilities in 2015, and it’s important to stress, too, that the JVC DLA-X500, which can now be found for around £4000, outguns the VW300ES in the black-level department. But it doesn’t offer a true native 4K resolution.
Toe - JVC UK appears to have mentioned something to this reviewer recently

hopefully they are working on 4K, same native contrast and maybe some extra lumen output. I would expect the pricing to be near the VW300 pricing, I don't think we'll see under 10K from them on the first round.
post #9757 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Toe - JVC UK appears to have mentioned something to this reviewer recently

hopefully they are working on 4K, same native contrast and maybe some extra lumen output. I would expect the pricing to be near the VW300 pricing, I don't think we'll see under 10K from them on the first round.

Exactly my thinking which is why 2016 for my next possible upgrade (might even be 2017 to get into my price range) seems more realistic. As exciting as whatever JVC announces may be, I am sure it will be out of my price range unfortunately. It will be exciting to see what they have though as it should trickle down into a more friendly price bracket at some point.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #9758 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
If it's not really bad, and that seems to be the case with your unit, I would keep tuning it out. No point in worrying about something that is hard to see or impossible to see at a normal seating distance. Most units have the issue and some units will have the issue dramatically worse. It's only then where I'd make a point to exchange the unit for a new one or send it to JVC/Mendtronix to be remedied. I just hope they get whatever causes the problem fixed for their next generation projector so no one has to deal with the issue no matter how mild or serious the streaking is.

Here's a particularly bad example of the streaking:

Here is a paused image taken with camera phone. As always image looks sharper and maybe blacker, in person, dam camera phones.lol

James Reid:D

Last edited by cardoski; Yesterday at 08:57 PM.
post #9759 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
you had to mention dpreview... having flashbacks.. I was able to break away from my D-SLR obsession a while ago, I still have some great Nikon equipment here. I switched gears and started playing with the 4K GoPro camera for aerial photography. it looks excellent in 4K on the Sony.

I considered getting into quads, but decided I don't need two hobbies to drop a lot of cash on.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #9760 of 9760 Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I considered getting into quads, but decided I don't need two hobbies to drop a lot of cash on.
Don't do it, it's a trap.. they multiply after the 1st one.. working on a hex next

The 4K video from the gopro looks excellent on the Sony, I like the ultra wide lens they use. it's a good way to blend 2 hobbies together.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h421020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page