Projector Mini-Shootout Thread - Page 353 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #10561 of 10568 Old 02-26-2015, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
Now, if the 77" LG OLED was priced within reason (which would surprise me) I'd be all over it and I doubt front projection would hold much appeal for me in comparison -- heresy I know.
To each his own and I realize the appeal of a nearly infinite contrast ratio. However, 77" would seem like a postage stamp to me since getting my 9 foot wide scope screen/set-up last year. I also think my JVC RS4810 projected to my Stewart ST100 gives a more natural, film-like image with well mastered Blu movies compared to any flat panel - even OLED.
Andreas21 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10568 Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
A little off topic. I saw a 4K demo today and a demo of a LG 1080p OLED T.V. I liked 1080p on the OLED better than 4K with the other T.V.s. (that's not to say the 4K demo wasn't good -- it was very impressive). 1080p OLED is spectacular -- I suspect 4K OLED will be really amazing although I find it hard to believe it could look much better than the 1080p set I saw today.
I have been tempted by the LG 1080p OLED TV but 2 things have stopped me. First is with the 4k OLED TV's getting ready to come out and the price sure to drop within a year or so that would make it perfect to buy for UHD blu-rays. Second is that I'm afraid if I got an OLED TV that my projector might not got as much use since I would want to watch it on the spectacular OLED TV. I've been blown away with seeing the LG OLED TV as it was incredible.

Mike
post #10563 of 10568 Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Now, if the 77" LG OLED was priced within reason (which would surprise me) I'd be all over it and I doubt front projection would hold much appeal for me in comparison -- heresy I know.
It's priced at $24,999 USD. Priced within reason? Well that's going to be extremely dependent on your bank roll and how good you are at slipping that expense past your significant other. And if you can convince your significant other that a TV is worth $24,999, it would be really beneficial to a lot of us if you would share the line you used.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #10564 of 10568 Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post
It's priced at $24,999 USD. Priced within reason? Well that's going to be extremely dependent on your bank roll and how good you are at slipping that expense past your significant other. And if you can convince your significant other that a TV is worth $24,999, it would be really beneficial to a lot of us if you would share the line you used.
If you can do that, you are one slick talker, even if alcohol is involved.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #10565 of 10568 Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
If you can do that, you are one slick talker, even if alcohol is involved.
For real Mike! If I told my wife I was looking to spend $24,999 on anything other than a car (especially a TV), them would probably be considered fighting words, LOL!

I'd have to change my profile pic to me with a black eye.

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #10566 of 10568 Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 214
[QUOTE=Mr. Hatcher;32181465]It's priced at $24,999 USD. Priced within reason? Well that's going to be extremely dependent on your bank roll and how good you are at slipping that expense past your significant other. And if you can convince your significant other that a TV is worth $24,999, it would be really beneficial to a lot of us if you would share the line you used. [/QUOTE

If she asks just tell her it cost twenty-five -- she'll assume it's twenty-five hundred and probably complain about that. Just let her have her say and it'll soon be forgotten. Or, if you have lots of cash on hand just get her a new car and she won't even care you bought a new T.V. In that case the T.V. cost you closer to $50 or $60 thousand. You can't take it with you -- money, the T.V. or the wife.
post #10567 of 10568 Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=Deja Vu;32189881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post
It's priced at $24,999 USD. Priced within reason? Well that's going to be extremely dependent on your bank roll and how good you are at slipping that expense past your significant other. And if you can convince your significant other that a TV is worth $24,999, it would be really beneficial to a lot of us if you would share the line you used. [/QUOTE

If she asks just tell her it cost twenty-five -- she'll assume it's twenty-five hundred and probably complain about that. Just let her have her say and it'll soon be forgotten. Or, if you have lots of cash on hand just get her a new car and she won't even care you bought a new T.V. In that case the T.V. cost you closer to $50 or $60 thousand. You can't take it with you -- money, the T.V. or the wife.
Man, you make it sound too easy! I'm going to save this conversation and let you know how it goes when the time comes.

But don't be surprised if I PM you asking to crash on your couch for a few days, LOL!

Respectfully,
Mr. Hatcher

Mr. Hatcher's hybrid-HT
post #10568 of 10568 Unread Today, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
To each his own and I realize the appeal of a nearly infinite contrast ratio. However, 77" would seem like a postage stamp to me since getting my 9 foot wide scope screen/set-up last year. I also think my JVC RS4810 projected to my Stewart ST100 gives a more natural, film-like image with well mastered Blu movies compared to any flat panel - even OLED.
It is an interesting predicament to be in-visual immersion due to size Vs the absolute best visual display-but not necessarily the largest.

I have the 4K Sony 1000es(un-upgraded) and I have seen the LG1080p OLED in store.

I would love to see them side by side being tested on all sorts of material - not just a plant being sprinkled with water against a black backdrop in slow motion!!
No question- the 1080p OLED is a thing of beauty-the Sony 1000(and 1100)es when set to auto-full and on a large screen gives the type of detail that no other display can match(although those 105inch LCD scope TVs from LG do look tasty!).

Blacks go to OLED--detail and immersion go to the Sony 4k 1000es(+ the blacks are not bad either---not quite as good as a JVC-but still damn good!)
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page