Projector Mini-Shootout Thread - Page 366 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10951 of 10955 Old Today, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 554
I've had 3 30K's here (2 members sent theirs in for a review before I bought mine), there was some sample variance but my copy is excellent for focus uniformity. side to side, top to bottom on my 142". max gain on the 2.8HP is the gift of the full lens shift.

Which glasses are you using on the 17K?

let's see how many members fight to get dibs on this one once it goes on the chopping block next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10952 of 10955 Old Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I'm using my Estar glasses and RF emitter. To get it to work properly I needed to use a Monster IR receiver with it to pick up the IR signal that's coming out of the front of the Sharp. When you do that you need to power the RF emitter with the USB micro port. Any old cell phone charger will work. A bit complex to set up, but it saved me money by not having to buy IR based Sharp glasses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Crazy Projector Journey!

Last edited by Seegs108; Today at 03:04 PM.
post #10953 of 10955 Old Today, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if somehow I could get my hands on the latest version of the Z17K's firmware? I want to try something crazy. Considering this is a Delta dynamic iris mechanism I wonder if you could simply swap out the code that makes it move with another projector that uses one. Like use the PD8150's DI code with the Z17K or the Sim2 Lumis HOST's code? I have a Sim2 Lumis Host firmware file and the PD8150's latest firmware file.

All three of the controlling mechanisms look exactly the same. It's an ultra-low mass actuator made of thin aluminum (though each DI's actuator is shaped differently) which is attached to an electromagnetic controller. The picture I posted last week with the Delta logo was of this controller. The controller is the same and that's the important part as the software that controls it will control it the same way. So I'm curious if it's possible to do this. Somehow I'd need to figure out a way to isolate that code in the firmware file and transfer it over. The only thing that might be tricky is how the code alters the gamma and if it's written in a way that transcends differentiating video processors which would make this adjustment and if unishape lamp control is also tied into this code which both the Lumis HOST and PD8150 have but the Z17K lacks. Lots to think about...

Last edited by Seegs108; Today at 03:10 PM.
post #10954 of 10955 Old Today, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
I'm using my Estar glasses and RF emitter. To get it to work properly I needed to use a Monster IR receiver with it to pick up the IR signal that's coming out of the front of the Sharp. When you do that you need to power the RF emitter with the USB micro port. Any old cell phone charger will work. A bit complex to set up, but it saved me money by not having to buy IR based Sharp glasses.

that looks familar..!

I can't put my finger on it, but I think the Sharp glasses look even better than using the Monster / e-star glasses. it's worth picking up a pair of cheap G20's to see it once before you leave 3D DLP land and go back to x-talk island. Just hide those Lichtmond 3D BD's from the JVC.

forget the L/R patterns, those are the new 3D torture tests.
post #10955 of 10955 Old Today, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

When I sold my old Monster glasses and emitter I kept the IR receiver thinking it might come in handy with the estar emitter (which doesn't come with an IR receiver) and it did.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page