Projector Mini-Shootout Thread - Page 464 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2343Likes

post #13891 of 13894 Old Today, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 1174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Do they happen to mention what kind of download speeds they have or what cables they are using? Seems at least half the time people have issues, the new piece of equipment gets the blame when it is the innocent party.
I don't remember mention of download speeds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13892 of 13894 Old Today, 05:56 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
I love it. Hard core. And I do agree Pacific Rim in 3D is amazing. Pacific Rim 8' away from an 8' 5" wide 16x9 2.8 HP screen presentation, with the lamp on High and the iris down around -10 to -12 and DI on auto 1 = 3D you don't see anywhere because it's at even higher than the new reference levels of Dolby and IMAX FL coming off their screens..... with such high dynamic range from my RS500 and all the dark and mid level APL scenes and deep shadow detail mixed with brilliant highlights and bright colors that just pop in this movie.
I bet! Man, I would LOVE to see Pacific Rim in 3d on the RS500 with all that contrast, especially with your HP screen!
post #13893 of 13894 Old Today, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1620 Post(s)
Liked: 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
I haven't done so because I watch very little TV (virtually none) and prefer Blu-Ray quality over streaming. Plus, I don't have an AV receiver or VP that can pass or switch 4K sources, meaning for now I can only have one 4K source sent to the remaining HDMI input of the JVC. So I can't do both the Roku for 4K and the Samsung.

Hence...I was really hoping the Samsung could also be a decent streaming/youtube access option for 4K as well.

The problems I've read so far in the Samsung owners thread is that people seem to be having a tough time actually streaming 4K, if the Samsung is compatible with lots of the youtube 4K encoding, or determining IF the stream is 4K
at all.

it looks like a few new reports from folks that were fine streaming 4K from Youtube. it should be here tomorrow, I should have a chance to check this out tomorrow night.

edit: I have a 50Mb FIOS connection
post #13894 of 13894 Old Today, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
So who is lining up to pre-order one of those expensive upcoming BenQ or Optoma projectors?

They are really going to have to pull off a miracle here and improve the stagnant native contrast that has haunted DLP's. + the premiere of this new DLP panel is being hosted by 2 companies that have less than stellar track records in recent years
I predict 2000:1 native, 10000:1 dynamic (useful) contrast. There's no way they could reach 10000:1 native.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread