Projector Mini-Shootout Thread - Page 540 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3533Likes
post #16171 of 16172 Unread Today, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
We had one as well...the RCA 50" version. Everyone including our neighbors were in awe when we got it. I still remember watching Star Wars on VHS with it...amazing experience at the time!

Yeah I remember the first time I saw one of these was in an electronics store window at the mall and it was playing Star Wars on LaserDisc. I was blown away and couldn't stop staring at it, although you had to be right in the middle of the concave silver high gain screen to really appreciate it!

Then my rich uncle in GA got one and we were so jealous, haha!

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Harper Home Theater Systems
ISF Calibrations, Consultations
Sales & Installations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16172 of 16172 Unread Today, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1178 Post(s)
Liked: 1153
Was just looking at the specs on the Epson LS10500 and they have the contrast rated at " Absolute Black". I assume this is in full black out scenes, so what is the actual measured CR and what is the future potential for this style of Epson. I go through so many bulbs with my JVC that these Epsons seem really appealing. Just not sure how much of a trade off there is CR wise.

It's always in the last place you look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread