Projector Mini-Shootout Thread - Page 544 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3818Likes

post #16291 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
How many lumens would you say it is on an estimate?
I would guess at about 200-300 perceived lumens. On a blank white wall in a dark room 70"-80" is realistic and looks very good but the room really has to be dark.

I'm going to give it a calibration later tonight, right now i'm using it out of the box and the greyscale looks surprisingly good with skin tones.

There a high cool factor - the look on folks faces after spending a few minutes trying to figure out what it is. it's not obvious at first, most think it's a battery pack for charging a phone. then I slide the lens cover open and then.. lasers!
Wow. 300 perceived lumens for a $400 laser projector is kind of amazing. Definitely on my list to get this month.

Last edited by blee0120; 04-02-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16292 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Liked: 2260
Got my PicoBit today. It's an impressive, extremely well built compact machine. As Zombie points out, this thing has the most native contrast I've seen on any digital projector with the exception being a JVC. Sharpness is kind of hard to describe for two reasons. First is that it's not a pixel based display so it's hard to judge sharpness here. The second is that the native resolution is odd (supposedly 1920 x 720) and is a resolution you can't actually feed it so you're constantly looking at a downscaled or upscaled image depending on what resolution you choose to feed it. Either way, it's definitely still a sharp looking image. Image brightness in person looks more than the specs would indicate. ~200 lumens is what I'd say the image appears like. The touch controls work well. The UI is reasonably well laid out and is essentially just a front for an android 5.1 operating system. I haven't measured input lag yet, but if you're using the HDMI input there is a VERY small amount of input lag. When using apps inside the android operating system there is a little more lag which seems to be app dependent, but nothing too major. Motion resolution seems very good which makes sense due to how this image technology works.

Some negatives. Wifi performance on this thing is terrible. Youtube videos have a hard time playing through their entirety and not buffering many times. Netflix seems to fare a bit better, but it has variable lipsinc issues that never seems to quite correct itself. Youtube does stay in sync with the audio but again, it often stops playing several times to buffer the video. I'd say you're going to want to stick to the HDMI input or watching content that's stored locally on the device. That is unless they release a new update to help with the Wifi issues. It does get quite warm to the touch. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it explicitly states that is normal. But the issue I have is where the fan is placed for cooling. This thing really ought to be tripod mounted and the fan exhaust is extremely close to the tripod mounting hole. When tripod mounted it could cause cooling issues if it's blocked. The built in speaker is pretty bad. An iPhone or flagship Android phone has much better sound quality with it's speaker. It's still better than nothing, but I was expecting a little bit more. You do have a dedicated 3.5mm output jack for headphones or portable speakers and also the option to connect to a bluetooth speaker so this issue can be easily avoided but just don't expect anything great from the built in speaker. There's also a lite amount of visible speckle from the lasers. It looks like a slight sheen of grit in the image. But the image isn't all that bright to begin with so it can be hard to spot.

Overall this thing is AMAZING for $400. There is so much technology packed into something this small it's honestly almost unbelievable. This is essentially a phone/tablet and a projector for $400. That price point is astonishing to me when you consider how much you're getting for your money. If you're a frequent traveler or simply want something for an outside movie night in a remote location or for power outage entertainment this thing will easily impress people. I was thinking about getting a decent sized microSD card and loading some films/TV shows for when power outages happen (maybe 2-3 times a year). There are some nice bluetooth game controllers and this can be a portable gaming machine too as you can install and play android video games. Add in a cheap $20-$30 usb battery bank to extend the 1.5-2 hour internal battery life and this thing will last a whole night easily. It's an extremely versatile, high quality projector with a great image to boot. Highly recommended.

drapp1952 and Elix like this.

Last edited by Seegs108; 04-02-2017 at 09:29 PM.
post #16293 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Hi, the Oppo 203 will be a good UHD source but you would still run into the issues of the JVC trying to switch back to Gamma D and the DI wouldn't be enabled for HDR. It's definitely worth considering if you decide to get into UHD content.
Hmmm... I guess I'm not understanding this. What is Gamma D? Is Gamma D the stock curve from JVC? How would it try to switch back to Gamma D? Isn't there a few different settings on the Oppo 203 to deal with this? Or is that just for turning off HDR metadata?

And speaking of the DI, I just switched to Auto 1. I saw too much pumping in Auto 2 and it became very distracting. Would Auto 1 still be usable with HDR or do you need Auto 2 to make a difference?

post #16294 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1597 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Got my PicoBit today. It's an impressive, extremely well built compact machine. As Zombie points out, this thing has the most native contrast I've seen on any digital projector with the exception being a JVC. Sharpness is kind of hard to describe for two reasons. First is that it's not a pixel based display so it's hard to judge sharpness here. The second is that the native resolution is odd (supposedly 1920 x 720) and is a resolution you can't actually feed it so you're constantly looking at a downscaled or upscaled image depending on what resolution you choose to feed it. Either way, it's definitely still a sharp looking image. Image brightness in person looks more than the specs would indicate. ~200 lumens is what I'd say the image appears like. The touch controls work well. The UI is reasonably well laid out and is essentially just a front for an android 5.1 operating system. I haven't measured input lag yet, but if you're using the HDMI input there is a VERY small amount of input lag. When using apps inside the android operating system there is a little more lag which seems to be app dependent, but nothing too major. Motion resolution seems very good which makes sense due to how this image technology works.

Some negatives. Wifi performance on this thing is terrible. Youtube videos have a hard time playing through their entirety and not buffering many times. Netflix seems to fare a bit better, but it has variable lipsinc issues that never seems to quite correct itself. Youtube does stay in sync with the audio but again, it often stops playing several times to buffer the video. I'd say you're going to want to stick to the HDMI input or watching content that's stored locally on the device. That is unless they release a new update to help with the Wifi issues. It does get quite warm to the touch. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it explicitly states that is normal. But the issue I have is where the fan is placed for cooling. This thing really ought to be tripod mounted and the fan exhaust is extremely close to the tripod mounting hole. When tripod mounted it could cause cooling issues if it's blocked. The built in speaker is pretty bad. An iPhone or flagship Android phone has much better sound quality with it's speaker. It's still better than nothing, but I was expecting a little bit more. You do have a dedicated 3.5mm output jack for headphones or portable speakers and also the option to connect to a bluetooth speaker so this issue can be easily avoided but just don't expect anything great from the built in speaker. There's also a lite amount of visible speckle from the lasers. It looks like a slight sheen of grit in the image. But the image isn't all that bright to begin with so it can be hard to spot.

Overall this thing is AMAZING for $400. There is so much technology packed into something extremely small. If you're a frequent traveler or simply want something for an outside movie night in a remote location or for power outage entertainment this thing will easily impress people. I was thinking about getting a decent sized microSD card and loading some films/TV shows for when power outages happen (maybe 2-3 times a year). There are some nice bluetooth game controllers and this can be a portable gaming machine too as you can install and play android video games. Add in a cheap $20-$30 usb battery bank to extend the 1.5-2 hour internal battery life and this thing will last a whole night easily. It's an extremely versatile, high quality projector with a great image to boot. Highly recommended.

How's the frame Interpolation?
post #16295 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
How's the frame Interpolation?
SVP looks great with it. Go be a bellend in your own thread.
post #16296 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1597 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
SVP looks great with it. Go be a bellend in your own thread.
And loss in contrast since you've had it?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Home Theater: Sony 45ES, Denon AVR-S920W, NHT Super Ones/Zeroes w/Ten Sub,
Sony BDP-S6500, Sony UBP-X800, and Monoprice 130 inch 2.35:1 White Material Screen
Living room: Sony 60NX720, VIZIO SB4051-C0 Other: Samsung 51F8500
Displays calibrated with HCFR, i1DisplayPro, and Colormunki Photo.
post #16297 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:35 PM

Did you honestly follow me in here simply to be a troll? Grow up buddy.
cardoski likes this.
post #16298 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3202 Post(s)
Liked: 3269
post #16299 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
Hmmm... I guess I'm not understanding this. What is Gamma D? Is Gamma D the stock curve from JVC? How would it try to switch back to Gamma D? Isn't there a few different settings on the Oppo 203 to deal with this? Or is that just for turning off HDR metadata?

And speaking of the DI, I just switched to Auto 1. I saw too much pumping in Auto 2 and it became very distracting. Would Auto 1 still be usable with HDR or do you need Auto 2 to make a difference?

Gamma D is the stock HDR curve. Only the HDFury can prevent the projector from forcing Gamma D upon playing a UHD. I have 2 user profiles, HDR High and HDR low with 2 different curves loaded depending on what i'm watching. You can use Auto 1 or Auto 2 once the DI is enabled using this device. It works great and FTB is as convincing as when watching SDR material.

The biggest gains I've seen so far with UHD is the wide color gamut. On a number of titles there is a clear difference vs. some of the R709 content we're used to watching. A movie like Lucy or the new documentary Planet Earth II is great demo material to show the advancements over BD.

The HDFury is definitely worth getting if you plan on moving forward with UHD.
post #16300 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Overall this thing is AMAZING for $400. There is so much technology packed into something this small it's honestly almost unbelievable. This is essentially a phone/tablet and a projector for $400. That price point is astonishing to me when you consider how much you're getting for your money. If you're a frequent traveler or simply want something for an outside movie night in a remote location or for power outage entertainment this thing will easily impress people. I was thinking about getting a decent sized microSD card and loading some films/TV shows for when power outages happen (maybe 2-3 times a year). There are some nice bluetooth game controllers and this can be a portable gaming machine too as you can install and play android video games. Add in a cheap $20-$30 usb battery bank to extend the 1.5-2 hour internal battery life and this thing will last a whole night easily. It's an extremely versatile, high quality projector with a great image to boot. Highly recommended.

good to see I'm not the only one that found this to be a very cool little projector.

I picked up a $7 mini tripod @ Staples and the mount clears the fan no problem. I have run it for hours on the tripod and it barely got warm so as long as it has a little breathing room it seems to be fine for extended run time.

I was thinking the same thing, it seems around 200-250 lumens based on how it appears in a dark room at various screen sizes. I have mostly been running MKV's from a microSD and haven't had any issues with playback so far.

Any idea how long this laser beam scanning module is supposed to last?
post #16301 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:07 PM

I think they rate the light source for 10,000 hours. The tripod I'm using is meant for full sized DSLR cameras so it's quite a bit bigger. But yeah, smaller ones can be bought and it won't be an issue. YMMV.
post #16302 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:19 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Gamma D is the stock HDR curve. Only the HDFury can prevent the projector from forcing Gamma D upon playing a UHD. I have 2 user profiles, HDR High and HDR low with 2 different curves loaded depending on what i'm watching. You can use Auto 1 or Auto 2 once the DI is enabled using this device. It works great and FTB is as convincing as when watching SDR material.

The biggest gains I've seen so far with UHD is the wide color gamut. On a number of titles there is a clear difference vs. some of the R709 content we're used to watching. A movie like Lucy or the new documentary Planet Earth II is great demo material to show the advancements over BD.

The HDFury is definitely worth getting if you plan on moving forward with UHD.
Thx, Jason. I think I'm starting to get this. Just a few more questions...

FTB? What's that?

What's the difference between the HD Fury Integral vs Linker? I've seen both mentioned.

So, Ive seen you post: JVC Auto Cal needs to be installed ---> then the HD Fury ---> then download the custom Gamma curves

What is the point of the JVC Auto Cal? Does that just allow you access to upload the custom Gamma curves to the projector? Do you still need the Spyder5 hardware?
post #16303 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
Thx, Jason. I think I'm starting to get this. Just a few more questions...

FTB? What's that?

What's the difference between the HD Fury Integral vs Linker? I've seen both mentioned.

So, Ive seen you post: JVC Auto Cal needs to be installed ---> then the HD Fury ---> then download the custom Gamma curves

What is the point of the JVC Auto Cal? Does that just allow you access to upload the custom Gamma curves to the projector? Do you still need the Spyder5 hardware?

FTB is fade to black. Planet Earth II has a great FTB right after the open title and it's great watching the velvit pit go black for a few seconds when the iris clamps down.

The JVC autocal software is a free download that you can use for several purposes. 1 is calibrating the projector with the Spyder 5 hardware, it's great for correcting Gamma drifts if nothing else. However it's not needed to load a custom curve into one of the custom gamma slots. We can store 3 custom gamma curves and choose between them while watching HDR content.

The Arve tool is an advanced application for creating custom curves. I recommend trying LDVD's medium curve first, it's a good universal curve as a starting point. I run several custom curves I created for my environment and they look excellent.
post #16304 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think they rate the light source for 10,000 hours. The tripod I'm using is meant for full sized DSLR cameras so it's quite a bit bigger. But yeah, smaller ones can be bought and it won't be an issue. YMMV.
now you are going to keep me up all night installing MAME on this projector....
post #16305 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:29 PM

The input lag is a little odd. I also think it's a good thing I have the Leo Bodnar tester because if someone used the CRT method they wouldn't have realized what I just witnessed. The input lag is variable and dependent on where you test it on screen with the device. It also seems to cycle the input lag amount. Every 5 or 6 seconds it jumps back up in lag before it bottoms out again. Normally input lag is constant on digital projectors given that you don't change any settings when testing for it. Now that I think about it, it makes sense with how this projector "creates" (literally) an image. The bottom of the image seems to fair better with input lag compared to the top. I would imagine the more information on screen that it needs to create the more input lag there will be

zombie10k and Elix like this.
post #16306 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for posting, that is interesting! it should be fine for some gaming.

I have a pair of these retro game controllers, going to see if I can sync them via BT.

http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro/
post #16307 of 16668 Old 04-02-2017, 10:37 PM

Yeah, even at it's "peak" amount of input lag, it's still pretty low and I think gamers won't be bothered much. I can't see anyone using this for competitive online gaming where input lag really matters.
post #16308 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3008 Post(s)
Liked: 1583
Quote:
If they could scale this to 500-800 lumens that would be amazing but not likely safe as even this projector makes me nervous. I had several people at work trying to 'get a look' and had to physically stop them from looking into the light source.
So is it actually more dangerous than a "regular" projector of similar total output (brightness on screen)? Yes the laser beam itself is more intense than the distributed lamp energy, but it's also in one place for just a tiny, tiny fraction of the time that regular lamp is. I mean if it's scanning 720 lines, then it's over one "pixel" for about 1 second/ 60 frames * 1 frame/921,600 pixels ~= 18 nanoseconds. I thought it was sort of like burning your skin, that it's not just the temperature of what you touch, but also the length of time.
post #16309 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 6274 Post(s)
Liked: 4059
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
you guys are in a much better position with the updated Gamma curve vs. the previous gen. the color on Gamma D is way overcooked and it also kills shadow details. It's easy to switch between Gamma D and the custom1 import to show someone the dramatic difference.

FYI - I highly recommend grabbing Resident Evil Final Chapter when it's released in the US. I imported mine that was released overseas about 2 weeks ago and watched it last night at reference levels. Absolutely AMAZING soundtrack!! This is some new demo material as the LFE will take your breath away.

My new 18" subs were hitting hard and begging for more. This DIY project exceeded my expectations and going to build 2 more by the summer.
You have now fully fallen down the rabbit hole.
zombie10k likes this.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
post #16310 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
So is it actually more dangerous than a "regular" projector of similar total output (brightness on screen)? Yes the laser beam itself is more intense than the distributed lamp energy, but it's also in one place for just a tiny, tiny fraction of the time that regular lamp is. I mean if it's scanning 720 lines, then it's over one "pixel" for about 1 second/ 60 frames * 1 frame/921,600 pixels ~= 18 nanoseconds. I thought it was sort of like burning your skin, that it's not just the temperature of what you touch, but also the length of time.

That's a good question. I can only go by a few a near incidents when setting up the Picobit and also had my LG PF1500 LED projector running which puts out a solid 700 lumens @ D65. The LG can handle some ambient light much better than the laser projector but when it caught me in the eye for a microsecond it appeared it would be more harmful than the light coming from the brighter LED projector.

Wasn't there a conversation a while back about how the direct laser output is restricted and we wouldn't be seeing these anytime soon @ expected HT lumen output?

This is the class this laser falls into, there's a number of high priority warnings about exposure and distance, etc.

http://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/3R/
post #16311 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

here is some info from an engineer Karl Guttag who posted info about the laser safety. He did a teardown and discussion of how these modules work and posted the details on the light path below.

]I don’t know of anyway around the laser safety issues for Laser Scanning. They become Class 2 above about 1 lumen and become class 3R above about 20 lumens (some variability due to resolution and scan angle). As a laser safety expert told me (paraphrasing), “there are 3 different types of laser safety, 1. what the safety standards say, 2 what is actually safe, and 3 what witnesses will say is safe in court if someone gets hurt.” Scanning a tight beam really is dangerous to eye safety. Most of the techniques you talk about would only have a modest improvement in the safety.

In theory one could have two sets of beams with a scan starting at say the top and one at the middle that would then halve the intensity at a point, but this would increase complexity could not be repeated very often maybe quadrants. Taken to its extreme, there was a the was the GLV (http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Pr...00206/02-023E/) which had a linear array of light modulator the vertical resolution of the display are then scanned horizontally by a rotating mirror.

Panel based projectors (LCOS and DLP as well as “holographic” projectors such as Two Trees Photonics for example) avoid this problem by spreading the light over a the panel and then further spread the light with the projection lens, in this way they are no more dangerous than “normal” projectors (a panel projector can be Class 1 up to about 100 lumens — once again there are a number of variables). You can see groups like LIPA (Laser Illuminated Projector Association) distancing themselves from laser scanning projectors.
post #16312 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
That's a good question. I can only go by a few a near incidents when setting up the Picobit and also had my LG PF1500 LED projector running which puts out a solid 700 lumens @ D65. The LG can handle some ambient light much better than the laser projector but when it caught me in the eye for a microsecond it appeared it would be more harmful than the light coming from the brighter LED projector.

Wasn't there a conversation a while back about how the direct laser output is restricted and we wouldn't be seeing these anytime soon @ expected HT lumen output?
I know there's a lot of fear out there, but video projection is a new application, and a lot of the regulations were written for laser light show displays which scan much slower. I remember the discussions about regulations, but I thought some expected (hoped for) the regulations to be updated.

I really don't know thought, that's why I'm curious. I could see where the laser is so much more intense that, even over that short time it's enough to cause damage before you blink, where as your blink reflex would kick in with a more static source.
post #16313 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

cineramax posted this in the over 20K thread.

I recall folks were speculating early on that the phosphor laser setup was potentially short lived. Maybe this will trickle down to the HT eventually

post #16314 of 16668 Old 04-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Home Theater Lover

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3556 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Quote:

This is the class this laser falls into, there's a number of high priority warnings about exposure and distance, etc.

http://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/3R/
10 years from now, there will be threads about " I think I have dead pixels ", from all the RGB laser projector owners with spots burned into their retinas.
Dave Harper and zombie10k like this.

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
post #16315 of 16668 Old 04-04-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
cineramax posted this in the over 20K thread.

I recall folks were speculating early on that the phosphor laser setup was potentially short lived. Maybe this will trickle down to the HT eventually

I certainly hope so, RGB LED had me pretty excited when it came out, then nothing really came of it, except in way overpriced high end DLPs, junk, or toy projectors. RGB light sources really are the way to go, especially with solid state lighting. Given that solid state light sources (LED/Laser) are generally single wavelength devices (the design of the chip determines the wavelength), it's really a waste/kludge to try and manipulate them into producing white light, only to have to filter/split that back up again to get back to single wavelengths.
post #16316 of 16668 Old 04-04-2017, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

RGB LED wasn't a total wash out, it did allow for inexpensive projectors like the LG PF1500 that puts out 700 lumens @ D65. I've been using this for almost 2 years day after day and it runs sometimes around the clock if I forget to turn it off. 1080P DLP panel, overall PQ is very good for a portable projector.

The Runco 750 was way overpriced, nearly double the cost of the UHP equivalent models and the Optoma HD91 was awful at it's price point.

the PQ from the $400 Picobit is surprisingly good, definitely not a toy so at least we get to play with alternate light source projectors at an inexpensive price.
post #16317 of 16668 Old 04-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Hopefully laser will overtake bulbs soon, my fear is the laser engines will die prematurely from some MFR's and we'll be wishing we had bulb based PJ's again.

I'm going to get a very small PJ eventually so I can place it in one of the smaller rooms to get rid of the TV. I cannot deal with 200-250 lumens though, if it were 500 I'd probably grab it. Still some ambient light in this alternate room.

I'll definitely be glad when there are more laser or LED options out there, I think it will still overtake regular bulbs, just takes a long time. I have a 50" TV and I almost never watch it. It's basically decoration at this point.

All we need is one decently low priced LED that either has dual LED bulbs or just one really bright LED bulb to produce some decent lumens. Then if we get that, the other manufacturers will be forced to follow suit.

Right now the home theater PJ business is an oligopoly, there is not enough incentive for them to replace the bulb projectors just yet, as it's going to take R&D to get the lumens high enough (if they even can).

**New Projector Calculator Released**
Access HERE from this thread

post #16318 of 16668 Old 04-04-2017, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

The LG LED ended up being used much more than I thought. 700 D65 lumens, it can light up the big HP with no issues.

I use it in a different room though at about 90" with some ambient light and it works well.

nice and portable too but the cool factory still goes to the laser projector. it's impossible to believe it's real until you turn it on. .

post #16319 of 16668 Old 04-04-2017, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Best Buy has a great price on the steel book version of Rogue One. They didn't announce it, but it has the Bonus disc included as well.

This whole 3D is dead thing is working out great, I hope they keep it up for a while.

The robot made the movie.. great at busting chops..

For those getting your copy today, spend some time away from the forum and enjoy!
Dave Harper, Seegs108 and cardoski like this.
post #16320 of 16668 Old 04-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Toe

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1736 Post(s)
Liked: 2029
Quote:
Best Buy has a great price on the steel book version of Rogue One. They didn't announce it, but it has the Bonus disc included as well.

This whole 3D is dead thing is working out great, I hope they keep it up for a while.

The robot made the movie.. great at busting chops..

For those getting your copy today, spend some time away from the forum and enjoy!
I wasn't big on the film when I saw it in the theater, but I am curious to give it another spin at home mainly to check out the A/V. 3d in the theater I saw this in was non existent so I am curious to hear if the blu ray is any better in this area. I'm definitely planning on giving it a rent.

If anyone watches the 3d version tonight, be sure to report back on what you thought.

EDIT: Sounds like the 3d on the blu ray is just as underwhelming as it was in the theater sadly. This was definitely no TFA in the 3d department when I saw it and doesn't sound like the blu ray improves things.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rogue-...171520/#Review

Last edited by Toe; 04-04-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 2d And 3d Projector V11h421020 , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread