JVC RS4810 : Bright enough - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2012, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

In a semi-light controlled room (7/10 with a 10 being a bat-cave), and throw distance of around 16feet, would the JVC work well with a 133" Cinemascope BlackDiamond screen (1.4 gain). This is mainly for 2D usage only. I am trying to solicit opinions of users out there that may have experimented with similar setups and what your experience is. I tried using the projector wizard calculator using the X70 (fair comparison), with the given parameters above,and it gave me a count of 21fL which doesn't sound quite right given that the X30 only gives 12fL.(X30 has higher lumen spec).

Would a 3D be at all possible for night-time viewing?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have an RS20 that probably doesn't put out more than about 14fL with my current lamp wear and it is plenty bright, at least for me. We watch everything from movies at night to sports on tv during the day. Never once wished it was brighter. I'm on a 1.0ish gain screen. I'd say your 4810 will be PLENTY bright.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIH_NOOB View Post

In a semi-light controlled room (7/10 with a 10 being a bat-cave), and throw distance of around 16feet, would the JVC work well with a 133" Cinemascope BlackDiamond screen (1.4 gain). This is mainly for 2D usage only. I am trying to solicit opinions of users out there that may have experimented with similar setups and what your experience is. I tried using the projector wizard calculator using the X70 (fair comparison), with the given parameters above,and it gave me a count of 21fL which doesn't sound quite right given that the X30 only gives 12fL.(X30 has higher lumen spec).
Would a 3D be at all possible for night-time viewing?
thanks!

No problem lighting up that size and gain screen.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread