Potential Projector Screen Issues (Sorry I put this in the wrong category) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello. Let me just apologize up front for the small hijack of this thread, but I looked at the projector screen threads and they seemed too intimidating :-) I have the Epson 5020 as I've posted previously and so far I am very happy with it, however, I noticed today while turning on the stairwell light (shines across my screen, not directly on it), that my new 120 inch SI screen has a slight vertical ribbing all the way across it. Is this normal? if the screen is all grey, I think I can see the ribbing from 13 feet away, but barely and only if I really try.

The screen uses an aluminum felt covered frame with moveable snaps that slide across the frame rails to attach the screen material. This is my 3rd screen by these guys and I don't remember this on the previous two. Some of you may suggest adjusting the snaps, but trust me, it took all of my strength and patience to snap the last couple of snaps. The ribbing affect does seem to be evenly spaced and consistent. It's like the vertical tension is too much for the horizontal tention.

Should I call SI? Please help. Thank you in advance!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page