Replace Mitsu HC1500 Lamp or new Projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone,

My HC1500 Lamp finally went out (with damn near 3000 hrs of use), and since I am a consumer and by no means an expert, I wanted to get some expert opinions on whether or not I should replace the lamp or just get a new projector.

I'll be honest, times are much tighter now than when I originally got it, but, if there is better value I'd much rather do that. The bulb for the HC1500 I can get an OEM replacement for $200.

If I were to get a new projector, 1080p and 3D would be a must, the only problem is budget. Therefore, I'd like to ask what you guys think. Is there any projectors that would be worth me taking that $200 to without breaking the $800ish dollar mark, or should I just get the bulb and start saving for a really nice new project ($1500+).

"For now" the specs of the 1500 work for me since most of what I do with it aren't 1080p or 3D capable, but that will change in the next year.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Personally, with an $800 budget, I'd just get a new lamp and start saving for something RS46/W7000 class. Unless you're willing to give up 3D and then the Optoma HD20 might be an option (pretty sure it doesn't do 3D).

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc1500 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector , Optoma Hd20 Dlp 1080p Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page