Projector Advice Sony VW 95 vs new JVC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HELP,

I have an old Panny AE700 which my son uses for gaming. I am projecting onto a 120" 16:9 screen and sitting at around 11 ft. Room totally dark with dark walls. After reading post after post after post I have come down to either :

A) B stock Sony VW95 with Darbee plus or minus keeping Panny for sons gaming

B) JVC 4810 and keeping Panny for sure with darbee

C) Blowout With JVC 56 or 66 =/- Darbee. Have to sneak this one in under wife radar.

I am on the list for both the Sony and the 4810 and when one of them comes in it will be decision time. Unfortunately there is nowhere for me to see these projectors locally.

I do not know if I care about 3D as I have little experience. Seems cool but is it a fad/gimmick? My family avoids all 3D at the theater.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am not a fanatic and spend almost zero time tweaking after setup so I likely would be happy with any of the above. I am mostly interested in the best setup for movie watching. I also watch a couple of football games a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndsparks View Post

HELP,
I have an old Panny AE700 which my son uses for gaming. I am projecting onto a 120" 16:9 screen and sitting at around 11 ft. Room totally dark with dark walls. After reading post after post after post I have come down to either :
A) B stock Sony VW95 with Darbee plus or minus keeping Panny for sons gaming
B) JVC 4810 and keeping Panny for sure with darbee
C) Blowout With JVC 56 or 66 =/- Darbee. Have to sneak this one in under wife radar.
I am on the list for both the Sony and the 4810 and when one of them comes in it will be decision time. Unfortunately there is nowhere for me to see these projectors locally.
I do not know if I care about 3D as I have little experience. Seems cool but is it a fad/gimmick? My family avoids all 3D at the theater.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am not a fanatic and spend almost zero time tweaking after setup so I likely would be happy with any of the above. I am mostly interested in the best setup for movie watching. I also watch a couple of football games a week.

If you can get in on the pre order deal for the 4810 with JVC, I say get the JVC.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

If you can get in on the pre order deal for the 4810 with JVC, I say get the JVC.
Why?
How about motion handling vs VW95?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
I had a Sony VW90ES. Sold it and planned on upgrading to the 95 for a better 3D picture. Can't afford a 95@ this time but will get another Sony when I can. 2D was amazing for sports and movies. When I had guests over for sports or movies they were really impressed. In fact I would say it was on par with my 50" plasma. I have a Vutec 110" AT screen room is a LR with blackout shades and I sit back around 10'. To be honest with you I had a Edge Duo @ one time but ended up selling that because to my eyes there wasn't a signifacant improvement in PQ. You may not want to purchase a Darbee after watching the Sony in your viewing room.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector , Jvc Dla Rs66
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page