Wide angled Projector? 8' from projector to wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to be able to install a higher end projector and move the panasonic 65vt50 to the bedroom. My problem is that I have a bulkhead in the way that can't be moved.

I was told projectors need around 15' to give the size of picture I'm looking for. (approx 200").

Are wider angled lenses/projectors available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 144
This should get you started:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=&w=&r=&br=&ll=&t=&db=&dt=&c=&ar=&dvi=&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=8&i=d&is=200&oop=1&sort=pop

On top of those, some projectors, usually higher end ones, thread the lens barrel for addons such as ND filters or even wide angle lenses to go on top of the prime lens. Navitar is a company that makes these specific type of lenses for projectors. You aren't going to have the best selection of projectors with a screen that size, let alone one decently priced that has enough light to fill it properly. You may want to rethink the screen size and go with something a bit more modest.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

This should get you started:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=&w=&r=&br=&ll=&t=&db=&dt=&c=&ar=&dvi=&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=8&i=d&is=200&oop=1&sort=pop
On top of those, some projectors, usually higher end ones, thread the lens barrel for addons such as ND filters or even wide angle lenses to go on top of the prime lens. Navitar is a company that makes these specific type of lenses for projectors. You aren't going to have the best selection of projectors with a screen that size, let alone one decently priced that has enough light to fill it properly. You may want to rethink the screen size and go with something a bit more modest.

I'm thinking of getting a JVC DILA projector. It would mount approximately 17' from the screen. I'm thinking maybe 110" screen. Do you think that would work?
Also do you think that front projectors still give the best picture. I think the projector, can't remember the model, sells for $7,000. The screens seem excessively expensive to me. But my main question is do you think that FP is the very best image?

Floyd

A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. -- Mark Twain
post #4 of 4 Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. Looks like it would be cheaper to build an addition to the house =)
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page