Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
As far as the cable, I read that all hdmi cables will pass 1.4 but not ethernet. I tested this theory with one 1.4 hdmi cable (brand new) and a year old 1.3 cable (monoprice) and it passed audio, video, and 3d). I cannot guarantee yours will but I would try before you buy, perhaps other members can offer their cable experiences.

We have a 25 ft cable circa 2006 Monoprice HDMI cable that we put in when we built the home theatre, it would be good to know if it will be compatible with with the newer projector such as the Panny AE8000 and Epson 5020 passing the 3D and 1080p signal.

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 AM

Liked: 15
HDMI 1.3 was introduced in 2006, so it might be a 1.3 cable. If that is the case, you can use it for 3D without problems. In any case it will do 1080P.

post #3 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 144
All HDMI cables are the same. The differences you see on websites selling them, ie. 1.3, 1.4 ect, has to do with build quality and signal retention. When a cable is spec'ed to be HDMI 1.4 compliant, that simply means that it's rated to send a certain amount of data through the cable without signal degradation or drop outs. Just because the cable says 1.3 doesn't mean you can't use them with a HDMI 1.4 port. You'll need to test it out first obviously. If it doesn't seem to pass information properly then you can buy a 1.4 rated one.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM

Liked: 10
I ordered wall plates for HDMI cables. They were advertised (monoprice) to be HDMI/Ethernet plates, but they have female jacks that look just like HDMI. I haven't heard of HDMI cables passing ethernet, so I was puzzled. Why would I use HDMI cables to pass Ethernet instead of using CAT5e cables?

Floyd

A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. -- Mark Twain
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page