Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Hey. Its just a joke.

I read all the posts and sometimes I just have to respond to wording.

One of my favorites is when someone says I am not quite sure of something. What does that mean exactly? Are you pretty sure or do you simply not know? A person of high intelligence will normally say I don't know. A person of lesser intelligence fears giving such a response. They will guess pretending to know or will utter something that says I don't know but that they almost know. I am not quite sure of all the above though. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 401
i'll modify the statement in a more mundane way..

I prefer the RS46 & RS55 2D PQ in comparison to the Pansonic 8000.

have a good day fine sir... biggrin.gif

or some extreme hyperbole..

The JVC 2D PQ destroys the 8000 with flaming arrows, poison darts and large explosions! cool.gif
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Hey. Its just a joke.

I read all the posts and sometimes I just have to respond to wording.

One of my favorites is when someone says I am not quite sure of something. What does that mean exactly? Are you pretty sure or do you simply not know? A person of high intelligence will normally say I don't know. A person of lesser intelligence fears giving such a response. They will guess pretending to know or will utter something that says I don't know but that they almost know. I am not quite sure of all the above though. smile.gif

I'm almost positive that it means that they r stupid but too dumb to admit it.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

caveat, if anyone used that terminology, no offense meant. I really didn't mean it. I was just trying to be funny in my own ignoramic way.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I am positive about one thing and that Zombie, Ed, and I are friends and have no bad intent or ill will. With respect to HT the problem is that we might not have enough will.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

The JVC 2D PQ destroys the 8000 with flaming arrows, poison darts and large explosions! cool.gif

Damn. I thought you reserved that description to the HP2.8 compared to the HP2.4. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Haha.. HP 2.8 vs. ST100
Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post

Lamps:)

I find it somewhat sad that I get that joke. tongue.gif
Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

when is the last time someone complained about a lamp issue.

it looks them long enough to fix it, but it's been a while since this has been a topic of discussion.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well it's ongoing with the last generation, but I haven't heard of bulb issues with the new ones. Have you made any headway with sending your RS46 in zombie?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I never had issues with my 2nd gen RS55 lamp (but did with my original RS50). I don't recall any recent reports of the 3rd gen 'flapper' lamp since it was released a while back.

I'll find out this week about the RS46 update.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

All projectors eat lamps. some just eat more of them. the new JVCs are light eaters. Augh. I meant light vs heavy. Not that they eat light.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 02-19-2013, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi EVERYONE! i got a X35 projector a few days ago and i have a problem! 3D not working...
I have PK-AG3G glasses and PK-EM2G synchro emitter.
When the projector is set to 2d to 3d conversion, the glasses turn on and the image turns to 3d. on the other hand, when it is set to Auto and i play a 3d movie, the 3d glasses never turn on. when i force the projector into 3d while watching a 3d movie via top and bottom, the 3d glasses turn on, but the image is top/bottom. any ideas? please help! thanks smile.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 11:59 AM

FIXED it wasnt a real 3d dvd!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm having a similar issue. When I 1st got the RS46 the Oppo made believe that it wasn't a 3D tv. When I turned on 2D-3D and started the disc again it worked, even when I turned the conversion off and it still works. However today I tried watching a 3D program on my Directv dvr it also makes believe that this isn't a 3D set, and turning the conversion on doesn't work on it. So why the hell is my dvr lying?

Also I use a high power screen and use the Samsung glasses. I got screen samples from other companies, Stewart, Severtson, and Elite. When viewing 3D all the samples get extremely dark. I'm guessing this is the polarization thing I've always heard about. Would the official JVC glasses work with those other screens?

Zombie, where are you at with sending yours in?

Snake Plissken

Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM

So I received my brand new JVC RS46 from AVS yesterday and have just started exploring this new PJ and I have a question about "bright corners". I know I've read about bright corners here in the past and I did notice on black frame scene transitions that I can clearly see the "bright corners". I'm mostly just curious if that's normal. From what I did watch (some TV, some scenes from StarTrek Blu Ray) I don't think it'd be noticeable in real content, but I was surprised that I saw it so clearly on scene transitions without even trying. My previous projector was a DLP, and this is my first experience with LCoS.

I did find out just how dim my previous projector was compared to this JVC. Even with a relatively new bulb in my H77 (<200 hours for sure) this JVC is so much brighter. Even when I set the aperture to -15 on normal lamp, this thing is still brighter than I was used to. My room isn't really finished yet and I don't have a rug on the hard wood floor so that is creating a LOT more reflections than when I had the old PJ setup temporarily, I'm seriously hoping that a good dark/black area rug over most of the floor will help tame the reflections. I could just feel myself being robbed of all that inky darkness the JVC is known for.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Are you using a lot of vertical lens shift. Sometimes that can cause bright corners.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpag2000 View Post

So I received my brand new JVC RS46 from AVS yesterday and have just started exploring this new PJ and I have a question about "bright corners". I know I've read about bright corners here in the past and I did notice on black frame scene transitions that I can clearly see the "bright corners". I'm mostly just curious if that's normal. From what I did watch (some TV, some scenes from StarTrek Blu Ray) I don't think it'd be noticeable in real content, but I was surprised that I saw it so clearly on scene transitions without even trying. My previous projector was a DLP, and this is my first experience with LCoS./quote]

Sounds pretty common to me. My first 4810 had bright corners with one being especially bright. It had a host of other problems that warranted a return and the bright corners were just the icing on the cake. My replacement 4810 has all of the problems corrected except for the bright corners. In some ways the corners on the replacement are brighter than the 1st unit, all 4 corners are uniformly bright. Any black scene is obviously off and fade to black scenes display the problem too. I do not notice it however for example with a night scene where there are bright lights somewhere like on buildings. Or in a space shot where you can see stars.

No projector is going to be perfect so I am learning to live with the bright corners and simply enjoy the other aspects of the projector that are most excellent.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 PM

I'm not using a "lot" of lens shift. Right now it's on a shelf about a foot or more below the top of the screen (16:9 110"). But it'll likely end up closer to the top of the screen edge when mounted, though I still need to determine what the height will be so as not to get knocked by any heads when standing up from the second row. I should have made it more clear though, there's no way I'd consider this fault serious by any stretch of the imagination, more of a curiosity. I think I just happened to notice on a particularly long black scene transition and then saw them on others afterward. But even on a very dark star field shot I couldn't see them so I consider it a minor quirk at the most.

I did watch an episode of NCIS tonight (and again some more scenes from the Star Trek Blu Ray) but this time I found several very dark blankets and threw them on the floor and it definitely helped. I also did an A/B comparison between my old PJ and the new and all I can say is, "how the heck did I ever watch that thing for 6-7 years?!" I hadn't actually used my old PJ in a while so I didn't have a good reference point in my mind when I tried out the JVC, but the A/B comparison was night and day difference. Even my wife was blown away by the difference and normally she could care less about the display itself.

I did do a quick check for focus and convergence and they aren't perfect, but seemed fine for the most part. So far I'm very happy with the new projector, it's been long overdue for an upgrade. Thanks to everyone who's posted impressions, opinions, details, reviews the information definitely helped in making the decision and it seems like I made the right choice for me.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

wow, is that 110" diagonal? You must have a heck of a picture. My 4810 does a decent job lighting up my 120" wide screen. Your image is going to be denser and brighter than mine. Nice.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

For anyone who has the JVC RF glasses, a request.

I'm currently using the Samsung glasses with a high power screen, I only have one pair so far. I am thinking about switching to another screen. For this reason, and the fact that the JVC glasses might be more accurate, would it be possible for anyone with a pair of them to send to me to compare the Samsungs, I have screen samples of the screens I'm considering to note the effect the JVC have vs the Samsungs. I only need them for a day or two, I would try to send them back the day after I get them. I'll happily pay shipping both ways and insurance,as well as clean the glasses after use. Thanks.

Snake Plissken

Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

For anyone who has the JVC RF glasses, a request.

I'm currently using the Samsung glasses with a high power screen, I only have one pair so far. I am thinking about switching to another screen. For this reason, and the fact that the JVC glasses might be more accurate, would it be possible for anyone with a pair of them to send to me to compare the Samsungs, I have screen samples of the screens I'm considering to note the effect the JVC have vs the Samsungs. I only need them for a day or two, I would try to send them back the day after I get them. I'll happily pay shipping both ways and insurance,as well as clean the glasses after use. Thanks.

This is a bit off topic but along the lines of what you are asking above. I've wondered about the possibility of having something like a community library where various items people have and would be willing to loan short term could be "checked out" by other AVS members in an arrangement similar to what you propose (shipping + insurance). I can think of several things where it would be great to try before you buy or where something may only be needed on occasion and the option to borrow vs buy would be nice. The 3D glasses you mention are a perfect example. A Darbee or Lumagen might be interesting to evaluate before purchasing to see if it makes enough difference in a particular setup. Also, I think sharing a colorimeter for calibration purposes makes a lot of sense. It's not something you need everyday but it would be nice to have access to one without having to spend the money for something that will sit on a shelf unused much of the time. It seems something like the AVS library could be of particular benefit to members who are not in the more densely "AVS member" populated areas where sharing opportunities might be easier to come by.

Full Disclosure: I freely admit that at this point in time I'm more in the "I'd like to borrow things" rather than the "I have things to share" category so I feel somewhat selfish even mentioning this but I thought I would post and see what others thought of the idea.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post

This is a bit off topic but along the lines of what you are asking above. I've wondered about the possibility of having something like a community library where various items people have and would be willing to loan short term could be "checked out" by other AVS members in an arrangement similar to what you propose (shipping + insurance). I can think of several things where it would be great to try before you buy or where something may only be needed on occasion and the option to borrow vs buy would be nice. The 3D glasses you mention are a perfect example. A Darbee or Lumagen might be interesting to evaluate before purchasing to see if it makes enough difference in a particular setup. Also, I think sharing a colorimeter for calibration purposes makes a lot of sense. It's not something you need everyday but it would be nice to have access to one without having to spend the money for something that will sit on a shelf unused much of the time. It seems something like the AVS library could be of particular benefit to members who are not in the more densely "AVS member" populated areas where sharing opportunities might be easier to come by.

Full Disclosure: I freely admit that at this point in time I'm more in the "I'd like to borrow things" rather than the "I have things to share" category so I feel somewhat selfish even mentioning this but I thought I would post and see what others thought of the idea.

This is a good idea. Heck I have a Darbee, a Lumagen 3D, an OmniMic and some Video Calibration equipment that like you said, rarely gets used. The hard part is making sure someone doesn't walk off with your $1500 lumagen. As soon as someone decides to keep a piece of equipment, the whole thing would be of no use.

I think a better service overall would be a rental service that would require some sort of deposit that would of course vary depending on the value of the item. Less risk for everyone involved......

BTW, hope you are enjoying your JVC.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 150
These types of things never work because there are so few people that would use the service, the cost to maintain it is too high, shipping costs back and forth with shipping insurance + deposit would be too high of a percentage of the item's value, and the amount of fraud creates too high of insurance costs. It would be a fun service to have, but it will never happen.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

This is a good idea. Heck I have a Darbee, a Lumagen 3D, an OmniMic and some Video Calibration equipment that like you said, rarely gets used. The hard part is making sure someone doesn't walk off with your $1500 lumagen. As soon as someone decides to keep a piece of equipment, the whole thing would be of no use.

I think a better service overall would be a rental service that would require some sort of deposit that would of course vary depending on the value of the item. Less risk for everyone involved......

BTW, hope you are enjoying your JVC.

LOVING the JVC!!! It's the highlight of my evenings and it doesn't matter what I'm watching.

I've started another thread here to pursue the library/tool rental idea: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1460660/avs-library-tool-rental-proposal

Please comment/contribute as you can and maybe we can make it happen.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Thats a neat idea. However I'm only making the request for the glasses because there is no return policy for them because of BS sanitary concerns. Normally I'd order a a pair to try and either keep them or send them back if I don't think I want them.

Snake Plissken

Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfowler View Post

wow, is that 110" diagonal? You must have a heck of a picture. My 4810 does a decent job lighting up my 120" wide screen. Your image is going to be denser and brighter than mine. Nice.

Yes, my screen is 110" diagonal. I wanted to go a bit larger (120" diagonal), but ultimately decided the 110" was a better fit for my room. I sit at about 1.5x screen width and while I could sit a little closer, my wife doesn't care to sit much closer, so that also had an impact on the max size I could choose.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I started out with a 6' wide screen, then 7', then 8', then 10', then 12', back to 10', and now on my way back down. 110" diagonal would be an awesome picture with these projectors. Just sayin'.

I think the rental idea would be cool, but it would have to be pretty geographically restricted to the area you live I would think. I always kind of thought it was silly for everyone on the block to own their own lawnmower but human nature kind of dictates it.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Old 03-04-2013, 02:59 AM

I haven't gone through this entire thread so maybe this has been answered before.

After reading different forums I noticed that the Samsung SSG-4100GB glasses was compatible with the JVC X35 at just a fraction of the cost for the official JVC glasses. So I bought these and they worked great, was surprisingly comfortable as well. Its not the best build quality but at 150SEK($19) you can afford new ones when/if they break with ease.

I then went and bought a high contrast screen which rendered the glasses useless frown.gif (Euroscreen React)
Only about 20% of the light comes through the glasses. If you tilt your head to the side the light comes though just like with a white screen. I guess this has to do with the direction of the polarization in the glasses.
I got the opportunity to test these Samsung glasses as well as Panasonics and JVC original at my dealer to confirm the issue.
Both the Samsung and Panasonic glasses had the exact same issue on a HC screen while the JVC PK-AG3 glasses did not suffer from this.

So I went and bought four JVC PK-AG3 glasses. To be honest I expected more for what they cost. They do not fit me very well, same reported by most people what I gather. They are heavy on the nose and the curve of the frame pushes the glasses back so they press uncomfortably.

Have anyone tried to modify these glasses to make them more comfortable?
And are there other glasses available on the market that is compatible with the JVC and a HC screen?

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector