Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I set the projector to user 1, standard, eshift off, and still makes that noise, it makes no difference with eshift off or on. I think there may be a issue with this projector.

Jvc seems to think its the bulb and needs to settle in, we'll I have 260h and still does it.

My hd990 ended up having that magenta strip issue and only had 1000h, now this issue with the x95, so much for the hand picked parts, they must of got the parts at a garage sale.

I had a Sony 70" sxrd and had the same problem with that magenta strip, tells me there is a problem with this technology.

I love the picture quality but If it has to go on for repair, I am finished with jvc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

I like the bookshelf idea, that IKEA case is about 10in too short(price is right though), but I'll keep an eye out. I think an A/V rack is the ticket, mine is about the right height, but all it's shelves and top are spoken for, never mind the unacceptable light on the screen. .
here's a few other options that might be closer to the right height

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Prepac-Two-Sided-Spinner-528cds-Storage-Unit/17632011 only a foot deep though

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Black-Audio-Pier/20666499

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Vinegate-Storage-Tower-Antiqued/7801563

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hometrends-Media-Tower-Black-Cooking-with-Calphalon-5-Quart-Hard-Anodized-Nonstick-Chili-Pot-with-Lid/15708309

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whalen-5-Shelf-Audio-Video-Tower-Brown-Cherry/26905822 only 48" high though, not sure what your min height needs to be

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whalen-60-Six-Shelf-Audio-Video-Tower-Brown-Cherry/21984442 60" high version of above. getting a bit pricey though

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Designs-to-Go-5-Tier-Media-Tower/10082755 49" high

i'm sure there's a bunch more, that was just what I saw from the first page
plissken99 likes this.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-713 View Post

I set the projector to user 1, standard, eshift off, and still makes that noise, it makes no difference with eshift off or on. I think there may be a issue with this projector.

Jvc seems to think its the bulb and needs to settle in, we'll I have 260h and still does it.

My hd990 ended up having that magenta strip issue and only had 1000h, now this issue with the x95, so much for the hand picked parts, they must of got the parts at a garage sale.

I had a Sony 70" sxrd and had the same problem with that magenta strip, tells me there is a problem with this technology.

I love the picture quality but If it has to go on for repair, I am finished with jvc
My RS4810 does it and two RS46s I had (in case you're wondering -- first had two stuck pixels, second I swapped for the 4810) also did it. I think it's the bulb but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I've seen other posts where other folks have noticed the same thing; I just think the majority of people either can't hear it (since it is rather high pitched) or don't care. The projector is almost directly over my head and I can't hear it when I'm watching a movie. I only hear it if I'm located in front of the projector such that the vent that the noise comes from is pointed at me.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Wow thanks man! The second and last options would do nicely.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

Wow thanks man! The second and last options would do nicely.

no problem, just make sure they are deep enough first. i think both are only about 15" deep, looking at my x35 i'm not sure that's enough.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13

What I am trying to understand is how do ya'll have your projector so far high on the back wall and still sitting upright. i.e. most projectors bottom off lens is almost in line with the bottom of the screen or if mounted on ceiling the image is rotated and now the bottom of lens is in line with the top of the screen. Is there some shifting you are using or are your bottom of the screens so far off the ground?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Shift is what makes it possible, and it's necessary for high power screens, being retroreflective the lens needs to be at or near the center of the screen for the full effect of the brightness.

Not terribly concerned about the depth and width of the furniture as I can just take the brackets off my shelf and put it on top of whatever I buy.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

Old 10-08-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Believe it or not, despite the fact that the RS46 is unchanged for 2014, there is a pre-order deal. If anyone is interested, call us ! And soon.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

Believe it or not, despite the fact that the RS46 is unchanged for 2014, there is a pre-order deal. If anyone is interested, call us ! And soon.

is it better than the 'clearout' deal on the RS46 from last year? tongue.gif

Old 10-09-2013, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
There is no " clear out deal ", since last years RS46 is also this years brand new RS46 ! biggrin.gif

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Old 10-09-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post

What are you referring to? AV Science did not have a clear out deal on the RS46.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 10-09-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

I think you guys missed his emoticon>> tongue.gif
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

I think you guys missed his emoticon>> tongue.gif

thanks, you gets the internet wink.gif

Old 10-11-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:

thanks, you gets the internet wink.gif

Did not know if the emoticon was referring to the statement or to the clear out deal, since there were clear out deals, just not on the 46.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just wondering about the lens offset . if i buy an x35 can i ceiling mount it so that the lense centre is level with the top of the screen?

thanks in advance. this is with a 105 inch diag screen
Old 10-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwp View Post

just wondering about the lens offset . if i buy an x35 can i ceiling mount it so that the lense centre is level with the top of the screen?

If you have the lens centered, (or close to centered), on the screen horizontally then you will certainly be able to setup the lens so that it is vertically aligned with the top of your screen.

Page 21 of the manual...
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/PRESENT/manual/dla46_56_66_48_manual.pdf

Old 10-11-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Did not know if the emoticon was referring to the statement or to the clear out deal, since there were clear out deals, just not on the 46.

just making another comment on the absurdness of having a 'pre-order' for a product thats been available for a year. no worries smile.gif

but hey, if jvc want's to cut us all a deal, i'll take it

Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwp View Post

i ran into issues with this, i was hoping to keep my projector as high as possible, and with the minimal amount of horizontal shift i needed, i wasn't able to do this. i had to move my projector down about 3inches to make it work.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 82
showing friends the pj:

Waiting for my X35 to come in, friends are already asking for a preview.. Does it do any damage to turn the pj on , show how good it is then shut it off after about 15 minutes of the movie/football game? thanks in advance, can't wait for mine..

Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
showing friends the pj:

Waiting for my X35 to come in, friends are already asking for a preview.. Does it do any damage to turn the pj on , show how good it is then shut it off after about 15 minutes of the movie/football game? thanks in advance, can't wait for mine..

Depends how often. Lamps age from both hours used and " strikes " - the number of times you turn it on and off. Short use once in a while - ok. On and off for 15 minutes 20 times a day every day - probably going to need a new bulb sooner than you would have normally.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Thanks Craig for quick reply. Guess I'll get everyone together and show all at once..biggrin.gif

Old 10-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My first projector, an RS46, will be delivered later today, and I'm trying to decide which movie to watch first this evening!

Suggestions and discussions in this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1494523/new-projector-arriving-today-which-movie-to-watch-first
Old 10-12-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

Depends how often. Lamps age from both hours used and " strikes " - the number of times you turn it on and off. Short use once in a while - ok. On and off for 15 minutes 20 times a day every day - probably going to need a new bulb sooner than you would have normally.

I've always been curious about that logic (not disagreeing with it!). People always say not to turn on and off projectors because of wear and tear on the lamp. Is there any scientific proof of this? I remember hunting for some info a while ago, and never could find anything. frown.gif

I'm also curious about situations, in general:

I watch a movie for 2 hours, but then I have to leave for an hour. Should I turn the projector off and then turn it on again an hour later? I don't know! biggrin.gif
Old 10-12-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I watch a movie for 2 hours, but then I have to leave for an hour. Should I turn the projector off and then turn it on again an hour later? I don't know! biggrin.gif

While I don't have an absolute answer for you, for me it would probably be better for the PJ to leave it on. Even with the lamp out of the equation, PJ's have a HUGE temperature swings between on and off. We all know that cycling electrical components on/off wears them more than leaving them 'on' for the same period (say a 2 hour period). Add huge temperature swings into the equation and you get way more expansion and contraction of components = more wear of components.

That being said, because PJ's DO get very hot, I myself would turn it off if I leave the house, 'cos I'm a little paranoid of the fire danger.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I've always been curious about that logic (not disagreeing with it!). People always say not to turn on and off projectors because of wear and tear on the lamp. Is there any scientific proof of this? I remember hunting for some info a while ago, and never could find anything. frown.gif

just research light bulbs. even the standard tungsten light bulbs have severely reduced life cycles with constant on/off usage.

I usually try to organize myself a little better, and do all my projector viewing in one shot. eventually my plan is to pick up a second LED/laser projector to use for casual viewing in situations similar to what you describe.

I would also turn my projector off if I wasn't going to use it for an hour. I don't know if that will extend or shorten lamp life in the long run, but it'll save electricity, haha.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I haven't seen any mention of lamp brightness lately. I had to put new batteries in my Lux meter and so I checked my X35 at the end of a viewing session (as opposed to just after switch on). I've had to move the aperture from -15 to -14 to maintain 100 lux at my screen (equals 14fL). This is after 270 hours on the lamp, still running in Eco mode. I have to run at -8 for 2.35:1 content which again is one click up from when new.

I thought it might make a nice change for someone to post that they are happy with their projector and not post about some problem. smile.gif
ScottJ likes this.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...
Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:

just research light bulbs. even the standard tungsten light bulbs have severely reduced life cycles with constant on/off usage.

I usually try to organize myself a little better, and do all my projector viewing in one shot. eventually my plan is to pick up a second LED/laser projector to use for casual viewing in situations similar to what you describe.

I would also turn my projector off if I wasn't going to use it for an hour. I don't know if that will extend or shorten lamp life in the long run, but it'll save electricity, haha.

Sure, light bulbs have reduced life, depending on the bulb, though.... I've been living in this current house for 4 years, turn lights on and off a zillion times a day (new house), and have never replaced a single bulb yet. Technology has improved so much.

It really would be interesting to see some scientific numbers - actual test results - on that sort of thing in 2013.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

I haven't seen any mention of lamp brightness lately. I had to put new batteries in my Lux meter and so I checked my X35 at the end of a viewing session (as opposed to just after switch on). I've had to move the aperture from -15 to -14 to maintain 100 lux at my screen (equals 14fL). This is after 270 hours on the lamp, still running in Eco mode. I have to run at -8 for 2.35:1 content which again is one click up from when new.

I thought it might make a nice change for someone to post that they are happy with their projector and not post about some problem. smile.gif

I don't have a meter, but i'm still quite happy with the brightness of mine at -15 after 230 hrs.

unfortunately I can't be all rainbows and sunshine though. my x35 has starter to flicker. I searched and saw some earlier posts about this, some ppl mentioned it went away in high bulb mode. so I tried that and it better, but not 100% resolved. my projector was packaged in with a spare bulb, that unfortunately I may be forced to use way too early. but i'm wondering if there's been any development on this issue? any fixes, settings to minimize/prevent it. specific bulbs that were an issue?

the projector's been a dream come true until this point. I can make due with high bulb, but I much prefer the low lamp mode.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

unfortunately I can't be all rainbows and sunshine though. my x35 has starter to flicker. I searched and saw some earlier posts about this, some ppl mentioned it went away in high bulb mode. so I tried that and it better, but not 100% resolved. .

Run it in high lamp for some hrs (say 2-3 movies worth), then switch back to low lamp.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

Run it in high lamp for some hrs (say 2-3 movies worth), then switch back to low lamp.

didn't even take that long. what are the chances of the flicker returning though? guess i'll have to calibrate a setting for the high lamp mode just in case.

I left it on high for about 30mins while making the last post, and finishing the last 10mins of the movie I was watching. then flipped it back to low and watched White House Down, and it hasn't returned so far.

at least I've got a strategy to deal with it now, thanks

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector