Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Member
 
fightclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
but x35/rs46 fan noise on high power mode of bulb?
fightclub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 10:01 AM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclub View Post

but x35/rs46 fan noise on high power mode of bulb?


Honestly, for me I've had loud projectors the only thing here is this is X2 but it takes X6 or X10 I think to get a 3DB increase in noise, my box will help with whatever noise the fans make but seriously, I'm not anal about fan noise.

Obviously there is a point where it can become a huge distraction but its never been an issue to me even with my so called loud Sony 1292 with all of its fans blazing in glory they did not bother me. Besides all of that with my speaker system and the large enveloping curved screen I doubt anyone is going to be paying attention to fan noise.

In the family room the Mits 6800 is right above the LP and running in high mode its never bothered me or anyone else that has watched a movie. Again, I think it gets back to some people think about it and some don't, I don't. I also don't worry about trying to make my lamp last forever, when it gets dim I'll replace it. The newer lamp so far in the 46 from what I gather has been an improvement but bottom line is I buy to enjoy, not worry about my lamp becoming dim...that's physics, it's gonna happen so why let it ruin a good movie? smile.gif

I also don't worry about how many miles I put on my car, I have it to drive, not to sit in the garage....same principle to me. smile.gif

Now when it comes to the light colored carpets and the furniture in the living room and formal dining, shoes off, no eating (exception being holidays in dinning room)... breakfast nook & family room, leather sofas hardwood/tile floors etc, eat all you want biggrin.gif So I am anal about some things, lol tongue.gif

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1443 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by 316 View Post

...formal dining, shoes off, no eating...
Really, no eating in the dining room? I bet dinner parties at your house are a blast! tongue.gif
Schwa is online now  
post #1444 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 10:18 AM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
haha, special occasions are the exception. lol...and adults only, we throw the kids outside,,,,lol

or we go to other people homes to make a mess...lol biggrin.gif

Seriously though all my family knows how anal I am about not letting their kids run around in the house or eating/drinking everywhere, dirty shoes etc... and the only reason I mention this is because I understand how to some people it would bother them to run in high lamp mode or be concerned about fan noise...so I don't want to sound too judgmental there,,, just to let those who feel that way know that I understand and its cool but its not me. smile.gif

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1445 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
HT is a hobby and I want to enjoy it....got the popcorn and all the goodies at showtime....just don't take that stuff in my living room!! tongue.gif

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1446 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Newbie
 
storrgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, I couldn't find an appraisals area in the forum.

I have an X35 with 310 hours on the bulb and a JVC replacement bulb sealed in OEM packaging. I also have a Crimson jkr3 kit.

I'd actually like to sell these things, but I don't know what price would be fair to ask. Moving to a new place and I won't have the throw distance I need to keep the projector around frown.gif
storrgie is offline  
post #1447 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Member
 
pcarfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im getting the jvc rs46 and a 148" da-lite high power screen with 2.4 gain. Should I even bother getting the 3d glasses? Is there ANY chance I can watch any decent 3D in that large screen?
pcarfan is offline  
post #1448 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarfan View Post

Im getting the jvc rs46 and a 148" da-lite high power screen with 2.4 gain. Should I even bother getting the 3d glasses? Is there ANY chance I can watch any decent 3D in that large screen?
I have a 136" 2.35:1 screen and I think 3D looks fine in ECO lamp mode. cool.gif
Dreamliner is offline  
post #1449 of 2371 Old 11-23-2013, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,962
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 829
first. I have a 120" 1.0gain screen and the 3D is still watchable in low lamp, eco, with the iris at -15. I would say it's good, if not great, in low lamp, eco, with the iris fully opened. if the screen gain is anywhere close to accurate, i'm guessing you'll be ok as long as you aren't somebody used to watching LED's in torch mode...we all have different expectations for brightness, but i'd say if you can enjoy 2D with the iris anywhere from -15 to -10, you should be able to enjoy 3D with the iris fully opened. if you need the iris open to enjoy 2D, then yeah, don't even both buying the 3D accessories.


second, I have a question. does eco mode actually do anything?? I can not see any change with eco mode on or off. no change in brightness, no change in fan noise, nothing I can detect. so I just leave it on, but i'm curious what it's actually doing?

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is online now  
post #1450 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 04:56 AM
Member
 
pcarfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you both for the reply. Mine is a 2.35:1 scope screen too. It sounds like it's definitely worth a try.
pcarfan is offline  
post #1451 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 AM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarfan View Post

Im getting the jvc rs46 and a 148" da-lite high power screen with 2.4 gain. Should I even bother getting the 3d glasses? Is there ANY chance I can watch any decent 3D in that large screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarfan View Post

Im getting the jvc rs46 and a 148" da-lite high power screen with 2.4 gain. Should I even bother getting the 3d glasses? Is there ANY chance I can watch any decent 3D in that large screen?


That screen is going to give you plenty of brightness.. I had, actually i still have it, a 144" wide 16:9 HP screen I purchased from AVS years ago and used it with all my CRT projectors and never had any concern at all about brightness. You will have to worry about hot spots, limited viewing angle and if your projector is ceiling or floor (table) mounted. As an example i had three rows of seats and each row produced a different brightness level. My sweet spot was my middle row but that is not to say the other rows were not enjoyable, its just the nature of high power screens. They cause other issues so you just need to be aware of that. Everything in this hobby has compromises.

I have used my screen for outdoor movies for the kids and its worked great and very bright but what helped is the fact that the pj was table mounted and all the seating was at the same level of the PJ more or less which makes the screen even brighter. It all has to do with the way the HP screen reflects light. smile.gif

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1452 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Member
 
pcarfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 316 View Post


That screen is going to give you plenty of brightness.. I had, actually i still have it, a 144" wide 16:9 HP screen I purchased from AVS years ago and used it with all my CRT projectors and never had any concern at all about brightness. You will have to worry about hot spots, limited viewing angle and if your projector is ceiling or floor (table) mounted. As an example i had three rows of seats and each row produced a different brightness level. My sweet spot was my middle row but that is not to say the other rows were not enjoyable, its just the nature of high power screens. They cause other issues so you just need to be aware of that. Everything in this hobby has compromises.

I have used my screen for outdoor movies for the kids and its worked great and very bright but what helped is the fact that the pj was table mounted and all the seating was at the same level of the PJ more or less which makes the screen even brighter. It all has to do with the way the HP screen reflects light. smile.gif

I am aware of it working well when mounted at the same height as the eye of the viewer and having to sit in the middle. Mine is mounted in the ceiling. I used that calculator floating around this site and I am still getting an effective gain of about 1.9.

The room is for me and my wife. So, it's a single row of seating. I will certainly be in the middle, my wife cannot watch 3D, so I will certainly be in the middle for it. So, sitting is not a problem.

I am getting mixed reviews from owners regarding hot spots. There are many who claim the da-lit HP is resistant to hot spotting. So, I am confused over this issue. If hot spotting is prominent, I might end up having issues with it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks!
pcarfan is offline  
post #1453 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 AM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I would still use mine if not for the fact that I need AT material and unless they have done something new to the material since 8 years ago i don't see how anything could have changed but I would not hesitate to use mine. I think you will be fine, obviously you want a big screen, trust me, you will be happier with the large screen and the honey on your side than worrying about anything else and 3D should be fine so enjoy the movie and relax .... Its all good! smile.gif

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1454 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 07:27 AM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Prominent...i would say NO......you have control of the brightness of your PJ....if you have a bright projector then yeah you will want to throttle it down. Remember these screens were made with CRT projectors in mind which had lower ansi lumens. I think with 3D you can put back what is lost in lumens with the screen so that's a good thing.

Now what you have to decide more than anything is.... Are you a purist, or not. If not you will be thrilled. Thats really what all this hobby boils down to...either way you will end up with a better picture than your typical movie theater ..... smile.gif

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1455 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Member
 
ahmadka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone tried the Samsung SSG-5100 3D Glasses with their RS-46 ? Do they work ? The first post states that SSG-4100 are compatible, but I want to confirm compatibility of SSG-5100 ..

Also, how does the 3D result from 3rd party 3D glasses compare with that from JVC's own 3D glasses ?
ahmadka is offline  
post #1456 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,962
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post

Has anyone tried the Samsung SSG-5100 3D Glasses with their RS-46 ? Do they work ? The first post states that SSG-4100 are compatible, but I want to confirm compatibility of SSG-5100 ..

Also, how does the 3D result from 3rd party 3D glasses compare with that from JVC's own 3D glasses ?

see post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post

just wanted to let everybody know that Samsung SSG-5100GB 3D glasses also work flawlessly with this projector.(3D glasses I got bundled in with F8500)

also, i'd say there was far less crosstalk on the jvc projector than there is on the f8500. I can't really comment on actual 3D performance as I can't see 3D, but I think seeing out of only one eye does make me pretty sensitive to crosstalk/ghosting and I definitely didn't notice it nearly as much with the projector so far. have not watched a movie all the way through though, just a few scenes from the avengers.

I actually kind of prefer the Samsung glasses, except that they have too small of a lens, so it doesn't cover my entire field of view. haven't found a pair of 3D glasses yet that I found comfortable though. performance between the Samsung and jvc is identical in every way imo.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is online now  
post #1457 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Member
 
nezil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northern California - SF Bay Area
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have two pairs of the Samsung SSG-5100GB, and one pair of the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses. I've not tried the JVCs because they are crazy expensive.

My local Fry's sells the Samsung's for $15 per pair, which is crazy cheap, and I'm tempted to pick up a couple more pairs at that price!

CNET did a review on compatible glasses a few months back, which made me interested to try the Panasonics, as they said them were the best of the bunch at that point.

To be honest though, I wish I hadn't... I find the Panasonics to be slightly inferior to the Samsungs. The Samsung glasses feel sort of flimsy, and as stated by fiercegt, they don't cover your whole field of view. The Panasonic glasses are heavier, re-chargable, and though the lenses are no bigger, the frame blocks some of the light from your peripheral vision.

I tend to keep both glasses with me, and swap between the two... The Samsungs have a slightly uncomfortable bridge that starts to hurt my nose after a hour or so, and the Panasonics are a bit too heavy for my liking. I'm not sure if it's me, but I also think the Panasonics might flicker a tiny bit more than the Samsungs.

The Panasonics do have a neat feature that I've not seen elsewhere, and that is a switch to go into a 2D mode.

Overall, I like watching a movie in 3D, but I do find wearing glasses and the flicker of active lenses annoying. I wish I could afford a passive system, because that would obviously be oh-so-much better!
nezil is online now  
post #1458 of 2371 Old 11-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Member
 
pcarfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
316, I'm definitely not a purist. Even though mine is a dedicated media room, it's not closed on all four sides. I am not painting it black either. But I am going with a large screen and 9.2 speaker system (my front wides, surrounds and the rears are all inceiling/wall, oh the horror). But I spent the money and got paradigm reference speakers. Will be getting the marantz 7008 av receiver. My home and the media room is currently under construction and will be finished in about 6 weeks.

pcarfan is offline  
post #1459 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Member
 
fightclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how about the fan noise level of x35/RS46 at high power mode? thanks. How to compare with SONY HW50?
fightclub is offline  
post #1460 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
ajvandenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezil View Post

I have two pairs of the Samsung SSG-5100GB, and one pair of the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses. I've not tried the JVCs because they are crazy expensive.

My local Fry's sells the Samsung's for $15 per pair, which is crazy cheap, and I'm tempted to pick up a couple more pairs at that price!

CNET did a review on compatible glasses a few months back, which made me interested to try the Panasonics, as they said them were the best of the bunch at that point.

To be honest though, I wish I hadn't... I find the Panasonics to be slightly inferior to the Samsungs. The Samsung glasses feel sort of flimsy, and as stated by fiercegt, they don't cover your whole field of view. The Panasonic glasses are heavier, re-chargable, and though the lenses are no bigger, the frame blocks some of the light from your peripheral vision.

I tend to keep both glasses with me, and swap between the two... The Samsungs have a slightly uncomfortable bridge that starts to hurt my nose after a hour or so, and the Panasonics are a bit too heavy for my liking. I'm not sure if it's me, but I also think the Panasonics might flicker a tiny bit more than the Samsungs.

The Panasonics do have a neat feature that I've not seen elsewhere, and that is a switch to go into a 2D mode.

Overall, I like watching a movie in 3D, but I do find wearing glasses and the flicker of active lenses annoying. I wish I could afford a passive system, because that would obviously be oh-so-much better!

I also use the Samsung's; they are definitely a LOT cheaper. However, I did have a big problem with peripheral light leakage, so I did a DIY and taped some black rubber used on fridge magnets to each arm. Looks kind of silly but certainly helps blocking light leakage into the sides of my vision. Are the Samsungs and Panasonics the only glasses alternatives for the RF transmitter of the JVC? Been trying to find ones that offer larger arms to block the light leakage.
ajvandenb is online now  
post #1461 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,962
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclub View Post

how about the fan noise level of x35/RS46 at high power mode? thanks. How to compare with SONY HW50?

can't compare to sony, but it's noticeable. i would not recommend having the projector in the open near viewing locations if you're going to run in high lamp mode. it's near silent on low bulb, sounds like the average pc fan running in high mode.

if you aren't sensitive to fan noise though, it's not super loud. i've watched movies in high lamp mode, sitting about 8feet in front of the projector, and it's not that bad. i tend to 'tune it out' quickly and forget about it. but my projector is only about 12" away from my back row viewing location, so between that and bulb life, i avoid high mode like the plague, haha

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is online now  
post #1462 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,962
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvandenb View Post

I also use the Samsung's; they are definitely a LOT cheaper. However, I did have a big problem with peripheral light leakage, so I did a DIY and taped some black rubber used on fridge magnets to each arm. Looks kind of silly but certainly helps blocking light leakage into the sides of my vision. Are the Samsungs and Panasonics the only glasses alternatives for the RF transmitter of the JVC? Been trying to find ones that offer larger arms to block the light leakage.

i'm pretty sure they are all universal now. most(all?) active glasses made in 2013 should work.

i think my problem, is that i want a curve to the frame. if the frame is perfectly straight(like they all are) then i end up with the lens being uncomfortably close to my eyes in the middle, and way too far on the edges, allowing the light leak. the alternative, the huge frames like with the jvc's, aren't really any more comfortable because of the weight.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is online now  
post #1463 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Member
 
ahmadka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks guys for answers from 3D glasses questions smile.gif

Got 2 more:

1) Is there a cheaper alternative to the expensive JVC PK-EM2 3D Emitter ? I don't want to spend like a $100 on just an emitter frown.gif

2) I've heard that the EStar/Optoma/VIP 3D Glasses also work on JVC 3D projectors ... Technically, I read that someone has gotten their EStar 3D glasses (primarily meant for Optoma 3D projectors) to also work with JVC X55 ... If this is correct, I'm assuming it would also work with JVC RS-46 ? Anyone have anything to say about this ?
ahmadka is offline  
post #1464 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 01:18 PM
316
AVS Special Member
 
316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarfan View Post

316, I'm definitely not a purist. Even though mine is a dedicated media room, it's not closed on all four sides. I am not painting it black either. But I am going with a large screen and 9.2 speaker system (my front wides, surrounds and the rears are all inceiling/wall, oh the horror). But I spent the money and got paradigm reference speakers. Will be getting the marantz 7008 av receiver. My home and the media room is currently under construction and will be finished in about 6 weeks.



Oh man thats looking fantastic! Im about 3 months or so from starting our new HT but i have a head start sorta since the room is already a 16x30 bonus room.....the room will be totally for theater only.

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
316 is offline  
post #1465 of 2371 Old 11-25-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,962
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post

Thanks guys for answers from 3D glasses questions smile.gif

Got 2 more:

1) Is there a cheaper alternative to the expensive JVC PK-EM2 3D Emitter ? I don't want to spend like a $100 on just an emitter frown.gif

2) I've heard that the EStar/Optoma/VIP 3D Glasses also work on JVC 3D projectors ... Technically, I read that someone has gotten their EStar 3D glasses (primarily meant for Optoma 3D projectors) to also work with JVC X55 ... If this is correct, I'm assuming it would also work with JVC RS-46 ? Anyone have anything to say about this ?

far as I know, you need the jvc emitter. there may be some other stand alone type option where you buy an emitter and glasses together that will work on any display, but I don't really see this being cheaper. it's probably more expensive. the emitter and 2 pairs of glasses was thrown in for free when I bought my projector

I have no idea about the optoma glasses, but the x55 and x35/rs46 should be the same. so if they work on the x55 it'll work on the rs46 as well.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is online now  
post #1466 of 2371 Old 11-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Member
 
ahmadka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@fierce_gt .. Thanks for the info mate .. I guess I have no choice then but to get that darn $100 emitter :/ ..

btw, you don't happen to be a Georgia Tech graduate by any chance, do you ? Because your alias is something a tech grad would pick easily cool.gif
ahmadka is offline  
post #1467 of 2371 Old 11-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Member
 
ahmadka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys, how do I calculate the drop I need for a ceiling mount ?

My throw distance is about 17 feet, for projecting a 119" 16:9 screen ..

The calculator here doesn't give options for ceiling/shelf mount, like it does for some other projectors: http://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-RS45-projection-calculator-pro.htm
ahmadka is offline  
post #1468 of 2371 Old 11-26-2013, 05:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mark haflich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: brookeville, maryland, usa
Posts: 19,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Where the projector goes vertically is generally where the user would like it to be. From there the total drop can be calculated measured from lens center to mounting point on the ceiling. You look at the projector dimensional drawing and get the lens center to bottom distance, look at te mount specification and drawings to determine that dimension, ditto for ceiing flange plate, and up these three, suntract from total drop and get your pole length. Generally you do not want to place lens center higher than the top height of the viewing surface of the screen in order to achieve good lens performance. Most projectors have vertical lengths shift and this will determine actually how high you could go but again its not a god idea to go higher than scren top. Finally, if you have a Da-lite High Power 2.4 screen, yu need to achieve maximum gain, to mount the projector near your eye height, straying a few inches above that. If you go higher you start to lose gain and gain is the only reason for using this specific screen.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
mark haflich is offline  
post #1469 of 2371 Old 11-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Member
 
Louie_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Laguna, Philippines
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys,
Coming from Panasonic AE7000, would changing to JVC X35 be considered an upgrade especially when it comes to picture quality? Im not actually into 3D and my main source is my Oppo 103 with Darbee DVP-5000.

Thanks a lot smile.gif
Louie_18 is offline  
post #1470 of 2371 Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post

Guys,
Coming from Panasonic AE7000, would changing to JVC X35 be considered an upgrade especially when it comes to picture quality? Im not actually into 3D and my main source is my Oppo 103 with Darbee DVP-5000.

Thanks a lot smile.gif
I came from an AE7000. Enormous difference. I even demoed an AE8000 before choosing the JVC, I posted a comparison with lots of pics earlier in this thread.
Kelvin1965S likes this.
Dreamliner is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 4100gb by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off