Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread - Page 78 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2311 of 2317 Old 07-07-2014, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question about improving sports watching via DirecTV.

My greatest frustration with watching sporting events on my JVC46 is simply the inconsistent and generally poor VQ of the image.. Especially full field shots which, depending on the channel and how much bandwidth DTV has afforded said channel, can really get pixelated. Now, when the shot goes to a close up of players or action it can look pretty great.

So, I am wondering if in this group there are any suggestions on alternate settings for the projector - away from my calibrated setup for general BluRay use - that could help improve watching sports on my big screen.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2317 Old 07-08-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 519
I don't believe a display can fix a bad source.

gotta fix the problem, not try to cover it up. sorry
post #2313 of 2317 Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
I don't believe a display can fix a bad source.
gotta fix the problem, not try to cover it up. sorry
No need to apologize. I think you're right. I just wondered if others had found small tweaks that worked for this type of content that would not be appropriate otherwise.

Sadly, there is not much anyone can do about the quality of the source. OTA, cable, "Uverse" are all equally poor or worse than DTV.

thanks!
post #2314 of 2317 Old 07-08-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercw2 View Post
No need to apologize. I think you're right. I just wondered if others had found small tweaks that worked for this type of content that would not be appropriate otherwise.

Sadly, there is not much anyone can do about the quality of the source. OTA, cable, "Uverse" are all equally poor or worse than DTV.

thanks!
the only thing I could even think of to try is to mess with the sharpness or even focus on the projector. maybe you can hide the pixilation a bit, and with a slight degradation of the 'good' quality image, it may not be as jarring when it flips between the two.

I'm pretty sure it's just that the jvc is revealing the issues with the source though. between the quality of image and size of image, minor flaws will become easily visible
post #2315 of 2317 Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
I'm pretty sure it's just that the jvc is revealing the issues with the source though. between the quality of image and size of image, minor flaws will become easily visible
agreed. I never anticipated that I could "fix it", but wondered if anyone else had noticed this and possibly had found a combination of setting changes that could improve it.

thanks again.
post #2316 of 2317 Old Today, 09:25 PM

Liked: 0
Unhappy JVC lamp: Generation 3? Was I cheated?

Hi guys, I have a 2012 JVC X30BU. If this is the wrong forum please let me know. Some Problems since day one purchase 1-12 (unit would "freeze" upon startup displaying odd pattern of colored lines had to unplug and reboot) and was sent back to repair last time 9-12. Repair sheet says they replaced the optical block part #pc0210406u9 and the ballast pwb pc0106501u9. Ok, fast forward to 7-10-14. Lamp PK-L2210U has burned out at 1258 hours. I read about the so called "cooling fin" addition to the "gen 3" bulbs. So I order a new one direct from JVC. An insane $500. I have 4 questions:

See photo: new lamp left, old lamp right.

1) when was this "gen 3" lamp released?

2) Does the "optical block" include a lamp?

3). Should they have given me a new lamp?

4) software version 25.051. I tried updating the firmware early on but found it nearly impossible, I had to use a PC and I could never get the firmware to update correctly. Options on how important this is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (177.0 KB, 4 views)
post #2317 of 2317 Old Today, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwall921 View Post
Hi guys, I have a 2012 JVC X30BU. If this is the wrong forum please let me know
There is a separate thread for the JVC X30. This thread is for the 2013 models which have a different lamp so you won't get much help here.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page