Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2521 of 2543 Old 08-03-2015, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I think it's just an inherent performance issue. The times I've loaded the scope position settings on mine it's usually off from where it was saved before. I imagine the method of where it tracks the motor step position is not as precise as the actual movement. I also get an axis shift whenever I switch from horizontal to vertical shifting or vice versa. It's an annoyance for sure but all things considered, at least there wasn't a lot of compromise on the optical performance.

Life is Lambertian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2543 Old 08-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaddog View Post
I have a 138" 2.35 scope AT screen from Elite. Screen brightest with my RS46 is not a problem... The height of my room won't let me get bigger than the 110" 16:9 so going wife to be able to get the 138" scope screen was a great option for me that I don't regret. Most of my blus are 2.35. 2.35 content is totally immersive in my room and I love it!
Thanks for chiming in. Looking like this something around this size is going to work for me as well. Can you share the price of the Elite via PM, if you don't mind?

I'm finding that I'm smarter than I thought, but dumber than I need to be.
PSN ID: rtart, alt Ginsuyou2
post #2523 of 2543 Old 08-03-2015, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
What kind of pic are you looking for? I have some pics on my thread you can link to...

I don't have any problem with changing the scope via lens memory... Goes right back to where I had saved it. I have the following 5 lens memory setups saved:
16:9 (1.78)
16:9 for my HTPC (slightly different than what comes out on my 16:9 blus)
ESPN (16:9 but with the sports ticker chopped off).
post #2524 of 2543 Old 08-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
I think it's just an inherent performance issue. The times I've loaded the scope position settings on mine it's usually off from where it was saved before. I imagine the method of where it tracks the motor step position is not as precise as the actual movement. I also get an axis shift whenever I switch from horizontal to vertical shifting or vice versa. It's an annoyance for sure but all things considered, at least there wasn't a lot of compromise on the optical performance.
Yeah. It's probably related to the lens motor.

I do prefer the Panasonic lens memory functionality. Pixel perfect every time. Plus the masking is part of the memory, which makes sense.
post #2525 of 2543 Old 08-06-2015, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering where you guys shop for bulb / lamp replacements. I am wanting to replace my lamp and I am unsure of the various online stores and whether or not the bulb is the actual official JVC bulb. The prices seem to range from $315 up to $400, so it would be awesome if there were some consensus answers on where to get the official OEM lamps from.
post #2526 of 2543 Old 08-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allupons View Post
I was wondering where you guys shop for bulb / lamp replacements. I am wanting to replace my lamp and I am unsure of the various online stores and whether or not the bulb is the actual official JVC bulb. The prices seem to range from $315 up to $400, so it would be awesome if there were some consensus answers on where to get the official OEM lamps from.
I'll be interested to hear the response to this. Odds are though, if your not buying from a dealer, your not getting a JVC lamp.

What I'd really like to know is if you can replace the bulb inside the lamp housing with an OE bulb to save money. That's where the real savings would be, if its possible.

Last edited by Dreamliner; 08-06-2015 at 02:28 PM.
post #2527 of 2543 Old 08-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

^^Me too. I noticed that the price of 'real OEM' bulbs dropped as the PJ aged....which I guess makes sense. I'm at the 1,600 hour point with my RS46, but brightness, even in 3D mode, doesn't seem to be an issue yet.

There is/was a lot of discussion on the RS1 thread about this topic, so you may want to read that.

post #2528 of 2543 Old 08-07-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2174 Post(s)
Liked: 1159
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyChops View Post
Is the projectcentral calculator accurate ? I have a 1.1/1.2 gain 144 inch screen which i'm about to mount on a frame but the calculator is stating not to go over 140 inches in order to stay at 12FL. So should i stick to 140 inches or less or use 144 inches, i'm confused
If you are using XD fabric, then you need to use the actual gain, which is 0.98, so enter in 1.0. If using UF, then enter in 0.8.

AV Geek for life. :) Contact for advice and help.
My Baffle wall Build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
post #2529 of 2543 Old 08-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allupons View Post
Just bought one for $86.00 Seller says its a real OEM JVC bulb, brand new and sealed in the box. I'll report back after I receive it. I've corresponded with a couple ebay sellers about authenticity, and have been told that they are available for less than retail price. I can share that in a recent visit to China, the ability to buy 'graymarket' electronics, etc. at or near the factory can result in big reductions in price. Maybe that is what is happening here.

As I said, I'll report back once I get the bulb.

post #2530 of 2543 Old 08-24-2015, 06:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtart View Post
Just bought one for $86.00 Seller says its a real OEM JVC bulb, brand new and sealed in the box. I'll report back after I receive it. I've corresponded with a couple ebay sellers about authenticity, and have been told that they are available for less than retail price. I can share that in a recent visit to China, the ability to buy 'graymarket' electronics, etc. at or near the factory can result in big reductions in price. Maybe that is what is happening here.

A US dealer can't sell an OEM lamp in an OEM housing for $315, without losing money.

post #2531 of 2543 Old 08-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.....'graymarket' Ipods, notebooks, etc., can be bought in Shenzhen for a fraction of the USA price. Perhaps this is the case here. An item that is not shipped and distributed through the 'normal' JVC distribution network CAN come from the same factory and be built to the exact same specs. China is not renowned for respecting intellectual property rights, after all.

Is this the case here? Once again, I'll report back after I receive the bulb.

For those who wish to espouse the benefits of buying from the manufacturer only, I'm not engaging. Over $300 for a bulb? Really? Is it made of "unobtanium?"

post #2532 of 2543 Old 08-24-2015, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
For those who wish to espouse the benefits of buying from the manufacturer only, I'm not engaging. Over $300 for a bulb? Really? Is it made of "unobtanium?"
I'm all for saving money on lamps, but I've read enough reports here from people who bought 3rd party lamps and had significant problems, I don't think it's worth the chance. If you have to replace the 3rd party lamp 4 times as often it's not a bargain. Same if it's not as bright. The current JVC lamps last a long time, even if we assume only 2000 hours, that's only $0.15/hr. Not bad considering a new Blu-ray is over $10/hr, and a trip to the theater is even worse than that.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #2533 of 2543 Old 08-24-2015, 07:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.....'graymarket' Ipods, notebooks, etc., can be bought in Shenzhen for a fraction of the USA price. Perhaps this is the case here. An item that is not shipped and distributed through the 'normal' JVC distribution network CAN come from the same factory and be built to the exact same specs. China is not renowned for respecting intellectual property rights, after all.

Is this the case here? Once again, I'll report back after I receive the bulb.

I was just letting you know that a US dealer can't sell at that price point. There is not much profit in a lamp for a dealer.

post #2534 of 2543 Old 08-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

I understand.....I used to work for an electronics manufacturer, and the markups on replacement parts were astronomical.

We had a captive audience, and the prices reflected it.

post #2535 of 2543 Old 08-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

As promised, I'm reporting back after receiving the bulb.

The outer box looked just like the one I paid full price for from an authorized dealer. It was sealed, and as I opened it, the packaging was the same as the OEM bulb. Same for the inner bag, etc. The bulb cage has all of the same markings molded in as the OEM bulb. Stickers, etc. all appear to be the same. Markings, etc. on the bulb itself seem to be nearly identical to the OEM bulb. Same placement , font, etc. from what I can tell.

I installed it, and the PQ and brightness looks as good as the one that I pulled out, which is a "real" JVC bulb installed a couple hundred hours ago.

If I had purchased it from an authorized dealer I would have been convinced I got the 'real deal.' As it is, all looks OK to me so far.

Now it might die quickly or otherwise fail early. I'll post an update as I use it so others can benefit or learn from my experience.

post #2536 of 2543 Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
As promised, I'm reporting back after receiving the bulb.

The outer box looked just like the one I paid full price for from an authorized dealer. It was sealed, and as I opened it, the packaging was the same as the OEM bulb. Same for the inner bag, etc. The bulb cage has all of the same markings molded in as the OEM bulb. Stickers, etc. all appear to be the same. Markings, etc. on the bulb itself seem to be nearly identical to the OEM bulb. Same placement , font, etc. from what I can tell.

I installed it, and the PQ and brightness looks as good as the one that I pulled out, which is a "real" JVC bulb installed a couple hundred hours ago.

If I had purchased it from an authorized dealer I would have been convinced I got the 'real deal.' As it is, all looks OK to me so far.

Now it might die quickly or otherwise fail early. I'll post an update as I use it so others can benefit or learn from my experience.
Thank you for posting, I'm at ~2200 hours and looking at lamps, just in case...

Couple of quick questions:

1) You say OEM, do you really mean OE? (OEM refers to Original Equipment Manufacturer, so it could be something you purchased from a company that makes parts for JVC; whereas OE is Original Equipment, and refers to only the original or genuine JVC parts.) Not beating you up, just asking for clarity.

2) Did you get just the bulb, or the whole lamp assembly? (I haven't taken my lamp out, so I have no idea if the bulb is easily separated.)

3) Can you post pics of your original lamp that shipped with your projector and the one you just got?
post #2537 of 2543 Old 08-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Hi Dreamliner,

It's in a box that says "JVC" and the lamp assembly says that, too. I would assume that JVC does not make its own bulbs, but this one looks just like the one I paid a lot more for and just took out of the PJ, including the box, packaging, bulb assembly, etc.

Might be a 'fake', but it seems to be a pretty good fake if it is.....As I stated previously, there are situations where at the end of the assembly line in China 'real' merchandise goes out the left door to the USA, and 'graymarket' merchandise goes out the right door. So far, this seems to be the case with this bulb.

Time will tell, I guess.

post #2538 of 2543 Unread Today, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, Im very much interested in JVC. Looks like the only choice i have is to go with X500r but my price point is near 3k. Do you guys know if i can get new X35 from anywhere? I know its not made anymore.
post #2539 of 2543 Unread Today, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish Gangidi View Post
Hi, Im very much interested in JVC. Looks like the only choice i have is to go with X500r but my price point is near 3k. Do you guys know if i can get new X35 from anywhere? I know its not made anymore.
Isn't that the model year JVC had frustrating bulb problems that were corrected in later models?
post #2540 of 2543 Unread Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked: 392
I think that was the first year they were fixed.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #2541 of 2543 Unread Today, 10:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Isn't that the model year JVC had frustrating bulb problems that were corrected in later models?
The X35 uses the current lamp. No problems with that lamp. He could look for used X35, used RS46 or one of the B-stock JVC's. All of those should be around his budget or lower.

post #2542 of 2543 Unread Today, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
I have one for sale right at your price point. If you're interested let me know. Check my signature for more details.
post #2543 of 2543 Unread Today, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

You can also get one from Canada. The X35B is still a current model here.

http://www.jvc.ca/www/Consumer/model.aspx?m=DLA-X35B

http://www.hd.ca/bargains/dlax30.php

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 4100gb by PriceGrabber.com