Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2521 of 2524 Old Today, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I think it's just an inherent performance issue. The times I've loaded the scope position settings on mine it's usually off from where it was saved before. I imagine the method of where it tracks the motor step position is not as precise as the actual movement. I also get an axis shift whenever I switch from horizontal to vertical shifting or vice versa. It's an annoyance for sure but all things considered, at least there wasn't a lot of compromise on the optical performance.

Life is Lambertian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2524 Old Today, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaddog View Post
I have a 138" 2.35 scope AT screen from Elite. Screen brightest with my RS46 is not a problem... The height of my room won't let me get bigger than the 110" 16:9 so going wife to be able to get the 138" scope screen was a great option for me that I don't regret. Most of my blus are 2.35. 2.35 content is totally immersive in my room and I love it!
Thanks for chiming in. Looking like this something around this size is going to work for me as well. Can you share the price of the Elite via PM, if you don't mind?

I'm finding that I'm smarter than I thought, but dumber than I need to be.
PSN ID: rtart, alt Ginsuyou2
post #2523 of 2524 Old Today, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
What kind of pic are you looking for? I have some pics on my thread you can link to...

I don't have any problem with changing the scope via lens memory... Goes right back to where I had saved it. I have the following 5 lens memory setups saved:
16:9 (1.78)
16:9 for my HTPC (slightly different than what comes out on my 16:9 blus)
ESPN (16:9 but with the sports ticker chopped off).
post #2524 of 2524 Unread Today, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
I think it's just an inherent performance issue. The times I've loaded the scope position settings on mine it's usually off from where it was saved before. I imagine the method of where it tracks the motor step position is not as precise as the actual movement. I also get an axis shift whenever I switch from horizontal to vertical shifting or vice versa. It's an annoyance for sure but all things considered, at least there wasn't a lot of compromise on the optical performance.
Yeah. It's probably related to the lens motor.

I do prefer the Panasonic lens memory functionality. Pixel perfect every time. Plus the masking is part of the memory, which makes sense.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 4100gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page