Official JVC DLA-RS46 / DLA-X35 owners thread - Page 90 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2671 of 2676 Old 01-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Member
 
Bourrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: France - Alsace
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by menrad View Post
Hi everyone,
I recently bought this projector, and am loving it (better than the x500 I had to sell).
I was wondering if there's a way to improve gradients / posterization. I feed the beast with a Sony s790 set on 12 bit color depth, and a HTPC with a Nvidia gtx 960 set on 12 bit color depth as well.
Still, I'm sometimes upset by color banding in gradients (example a time-lapse sunrise sequence at the beginning of Desierto).
Is that an unavoidable limitation of 8 bit video encoding?
I'm also interested.
Bourrin is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2672 of 2676 Old 01-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
jsgrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by menrad View Post
Hi everyone,
I recently bought this projector, and am loving it (better than the x500 I had to sell).
I was wondering if there's a way to improve gradients / posterization. I feed the beast with a Sony s790 set on 12 bit color depth, and a HTPC with a Nvidia gtx 960 set on 12 bit color depth as well.
Still, I'm sometimes upset by color banding in gradients (example a time-lapse sunrise sequence at the beginning of Desierto).
Is that an unavoidable limitation of 8 bit video encoding?

via Tapatalk
You like the RS46 better? Ain't the X500 suppose to be a better projector all around?

DUAL 18" Dayton RSS460HO Custom Build | Sonus Faber Venere 1.5s | Sonus Faber Venere Centre | Sonus Faber Venere Walls | Marantz SR-7010 | Behringer iNuke 6000DSP | Velodyne SMS-1 | JVC D-ILA RS-46 w/ 128" 16:9 1.4 | Custom Bass Traps and Acoustic Panels (11)
jsgrise is offline  
post #2673 of 2676 Old 01-26-2017, 06:08 PM
Newbie
 
menrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrise View Post
You like the RS46 better? Ain't the X500 suppose to be a better projector all around?
Yeah I know. It's just I was never satisfied with the results I got with the other one. I had to sell it because I needed money for another project. I bought the x35 for cheap in replacement, cause I couldn't live without a projector, expecting to have to get used to lower picture quality.
I was really surprised, and I love this one's picture so much that I don't even try tweaking if anymore. I think it's easier to tweak it. Except those gradients I'd like to improve (but thought the same about the x500 in this area).

via Tapatalk
menrad is offline  
 
post #2674 of 2676 Old 01-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Tamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 26
So I installed the replacement lamp that was sent. It is identical to the first lamp that I received.
The lamp works correctly, contrast is back.
Will see how long the lamp lasts.
menrad likes this.
Tamas is offline  
post #2675 of 2676 Old 01-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
jsgrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oh Canada
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
So I installed the replacement lamp that was sent. It is identical to the first lamp that I received.
The lamp works correctly, contrast is back.
Will see how long the lamp lasts.
How much did you pay for it?

DUAL 18" Dayton RSS460HO Custom Build | Sonus Faber Venere 1.5s | Sonus Faber Venere Centre | Sonus Faber Venere Walls | Marantz SR-7010 | Behringer iNuke 6000DSP | Velodyne SMS-1 | JVC D-ILA RS-46 w/ 128" 16:9 1.4 | Custom Bass Traps and Acoustic Panels (11)
jsgrise is offline  
post #2676 of 2676 Old 01-31-2017, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Tamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrise View Post
How much did you pay for it?
Hi, this is the Bulb I purchased.

http://www.myprojectorlamps.ca/proje...DLA-RS46U.html

Plus shipping and taxes.
jsgrise likes this.
Tamas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off