post #151 of 157 Old 11-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy2002 View Post
I have had my Epson 6020 for 2 years and 2 months. I have been noticing the screen flickering more and more over time ...
Shaggy, check this out.

BTW, getting Jeff to calibrate our 6020 was the best thing we ever did. Even my wife was blown away. Doing that after a lamp change would be perfect timing.

Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 157 Old 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
Shaggy, check this out.

BTW, getting Jeff to calibrate our 6020 was the best thing we ever did. Even my wife was blown away. Doing that after a lamp change would be perfect timing.

I guess I will attempt to replace my bulb this weekend. Where is Jeff located?
post #153 of 157 Old 11-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I guess I will attempt to replace my bulb this weekend. Where is Jeff located?
I think he lives somewhere out near Lake of the Ozarks, but he has a national audience, and travels to most major US cities once or twice a year. Check out the accucal.com site for details or I can just pm you his email address. He also does that blog that I sent the flickering article from. Lots of good stuff there. He gave the 6020 a best in class review after calibrating mine. I had tinkered with mine a bunch, but he just nailed it. Cheers.

Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
post #154 of 157 Old 11-21-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I think he lives somewhere out near Lake of the Ozarks, but he has a national audience, and travels to most major US cities once or twice a year. Check out the accucal.com site for details or I can just pm you his email address. He also does that blog that I sent the flickering article from. Lots of good stuff there. He gave the 6020 a best in class review after calibrating mine. I had tinkered with mine a bunch, but he just nailed it. Cheers.

I checked the site out. It looks like I just ask for someone and they send an available technician? If it is not too personal, can you PM the rate for the calibration and his email address?
post #155 of 157 Old 11-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I checked the site out. It looks like I just ask for someone and they send an available technician? If it is not too personal, can you PM the rate for the calibration and his email address?
Happy to send. But it is Jeff, and only Jeff. Nobody else. Big plus.

post #156 of 157 Old 11-22-2014, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Happy to send. But it is Jeff, and only Jeff. Nobody else. Big plus.
+1 for Jeff. I had him calibrate my 6020 and adjust my audio. Both produced noticeable improvment.

Here is my build thread:

---->Like a Boss Theater Build<----
post #157 of 157 Old 11-22-2014, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well I went to watch a movie tonight and nothing happened. I checked out the projector and both the temperature and lamp lights were flashing red. Manual says to unplug it and call Epson but since they aren't open until Monday I tried unplugging it for a bit, turning it on and off using the the switch at the back, and just for the hell of it I tried swapping out the bulb with the spare that came with it.

Nothing. When you turn it on the fan kicks in for about 2 seconds and then it shuts down with the 2 lights flashing red.

Any suggestions?

For what its worth I've never had an issue with this projector and I'm sure Epson will swap it out but that still means no Far Cry 4 until next weekend. I couldn't possible play games on my 55" Samsung like some kind of troglodyte.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page