Angry Angry Infocus disaster - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i spent a lot of time on here researching and asking you all questions and after a couple months i pulled the trigger on the infocus 8602, it has 700 hrs on it and started overheating and shutting down.

So i called the people i bought it from and they shipped me a replacement, I paid for a rapid replacement warranty

What they sent was a projector that has been used and abused, 1700 hrs on it and has been reset once.

I thought it was new so I hung it up, then i started noticing rub marks on it, pieces of trim not fitting right, then I saw the hours on it.

And to top it off I just discovered Infocus discontinued the sp8602.

Im lost on how to proceed

I bought it thru Tierney Brothers, and they were great to work with, and shipped this replacement fast, but its a used and abused machine.

Oops I Crapped My Pants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 134
1. Is Tierney brothers an authorized dealer? If not, you're at their mercy - basically you're screwed).

2. If they are an authorized dealer, call Infocus and tell them about he switcheroo when you sent it in for service. See if they can repair a SP8602. Then, see if you can get your original Infocus back (the one you sent back for a replacement) from Tierney Brothers? If so, send it directly to Infocus. Discontinued or not, they should be able to repair it.

This sucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #3 of 5 Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, tierney brothers were a company directly linked from Infocus' website. Authorized seller everything, I am aware now that the warranty I paid for was useless. I inspected the unit last night further and saw something strange sticking out the side, it was a broken piece of plastic, looked like something that came off a motherboard and then a random small piece. I am just so perplexed I have just turned it all over to my wife to handle she's meaner than me. And I would be fine with sending mine in, but that's not what I paid for, and on tip of that I'm one week away from my family get together where we watch a Christmas movie in my theater, it happens once a dag one year

Ok I'm just venting now

Oops I Crapped My Pants
post #4 of 5 Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Keep what you got and send it in after the holidays (I assume the replacement, though beat up, works).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #5 of 5 Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah it works, it was louder which is the second thing I freaked out about

My pit bull wife is in negotiations with them

Oops I Crapped My Pants
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Infocus Screenplay 8602 Wuxga Dlp Projector

User Tag List