replacing dearly departed projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In need to replace our deceased Runco CL 710 DLP, budget for components is not what is was then so looking to stay around $3000-$4000 if possible. Throw distance about 19 feet, screen width 96". Use will be mixed, with movies, TV, sports and games, 3D option would be nice but not the primary decision driver. Room is not great on light control except for movie viewing at night (may go to higher gain screen later but for now sticking with motorized stewart drop down, sorry don't remember the gain level, it's been a while). As best I can tell from reviews and boards my finalists are the new panasonic PT AE8000U, Epson 5020 UB, and maybe BenQ W 7000 if I go to a lesser price point. The Sony VPL HW 50ES looks intriguing but I don't think it fits my throw ratio needs unless I am reading it wrong. JVC DLA RS 45 seems to be a good option for dark viewing but I worry about the ability to handle needed output with higher ambient light. Certainly looking for advice on other serious contenders that I should consider as well.

With the Runco I occasionally noticed rainbows but I was the only one in the family that noticed it.

Anyone that has direct experience could really help here since finding somewhere to view them side be side has been fruitless so far.

Thank you.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page