NEW JVC DLA RS66/X95 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 138 Old 09-12-2013, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies everyone. JonStatt, you're pretty much spot-on with your assessment of 80 ms of latency. I've painstakingly adjusted my audio delay to 78 ms - and I did so before even seeing your post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 138 Old 10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I had my X95R ISF-calibrated last week. Below you'll find the results. Are these results pretty close to what others have seen post-calibration?

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Hail to the King, baby!
post #123 of 138 Old 11-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wondering is there firmware update for the jvcx95? I see that on the uk av fourms there was a firmware fix regarding 3d shift or something like that. I looked on the us website and nothing.
post #124 of 138 Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Just noticed a weird white level carry-over bug in my X95. If you start by using the THX (which uses the Super White mode), then select one of the unmodified User modes (using the Standard white level), the Super White mode's attributes briefly carry over. I determined this using the Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition disc's contrast pattern.

Along with the discovery, I've learned that contrary to what some reviewers and posters have said, it seems the projector is most accurate on the contrast front when the Super White HDMI mode is engaged.

Using the S&M 2nd Edition contrast pattern, you will be able to clearly see the projector clips the contrast bars in the Standard HDMI mode. It pretty much looks like this:

However, with Super White HDMI mode engaged, the bars display properly as seen below:

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Hail to the King, baby!
post #125 of 138 Old 11-23-2013, 05:07 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

Just noticed a weird white level carry-over bug in my X95. If you start by using the THX (which uses the Super White mode), then select one of the unmodified User modes (using the Standard white level), the Super White mode's attributes briefly carry over. I determined this using the Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition disc's contrast pattern.

Along with the discovery, I've learned that contrary to what some reviewers and posters have said, it seems the projector is most accurate on the contrast front when the Super White HDMI mode is engaged.

Using the S&M 2nd Edition contrast pattern, you will be able to clearly see the projector clips the contrast bars in the Standard HDMI mode. It pretty much looks like this:

However, with Super White HDMI mode engaged, the bars display properly as seen below:

I think it depends on the other eqipment in your chain.
The X-95R has three settings; standard, enhanced, or Super White.

In my room when I select super white I get the clipped levels that you show in the contrast pattern, but when I select 'enhanced' then it displays as it should.

My build thread:
post #126 of 138 Old 11-23-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD360 View Post

I think it depends on the other eqipment in your chain.

The X-95R has three settings; standard, enhanced, or Super White.

In my room when I select super white I get the clipped levels that you show in the contrast pattern, but when I select 'enhanced' then it displays as it should.

Interesting.

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ
!
Hail to the King, baby!
post #127 of 138 Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I have no clipping if I use Enhanced, and that's what I do.

Murray Thompson

post #128 of 138 Old 12-04-2013, 04:15 AM

Liked: 26
Just one more: I use Enhanced to prevent the clipping.
post #129 of 138 Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 AM

About a week ago, my projector lamp started making a 'rattling' type noise and nothing I've tried has caused it to subside. Has anyone else experienced the same problem with the DLA-RS66U? The projector used to be so quiet and now it's very distracting to hear this noise, especially during dialogue scenes or quieter moments. And, no, I don't have the projector mistakenly set to 3D for brighter (and louder) lamp mode. My projector is only a couple of months old. Thanks.
post #130 of 138 Old 01-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Sounds like it may be the fan. Better contact your dealer or JVC support.
post #131 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Liked: 12
Here is my situation:

I bought the new RS 4910. I had it calibrated. It measures 630 lumens low lamp and 880 with high lamp. This is on my 159" 2.4 gain screen. Low lamp measured 13 fl and high lamp 19 fl.

I have a chance to pick up an RS-66 at an incredible price, I could sell my 4910. But the 66 specs say 1200 lumens and this year's models (4910) states 1300 lumens.

Do you think the one I have is brighter or will the RS-66 be brighter. I am not be any means an expert at rating brightness. I know since the RS-66 parts are all matched and hand picked, quite possibly it could still be brighter than the 4910.

Any opinions?
post #132 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntwister View Post

Here is my situation:

I bought the new RS 4910. I had it calibrated. It measures 630 lumens low lamp and 880 with high lamp. This is on my 159" 2.4 gain screen. Low lamp measured 13 fl and high lamp 19 fl.

I have a chance to pick up an RS-66 at an incredible price, I could sell my 4910. But the 66 specs say 1200 lumens and this year's models (4910) states 1300 lumens.

Do you think the one I have is brighter or will the RS-66 be brighter. I am not be any means an expert at rating brightness. I know since the RS-66 parts are all matched and hand picked, quite possibly it could still be brighter than the 4910.

Any opinions?

Did you see the email I sent you this morning or get the phone message I left you?

To answer your question, the 4910 is brighter than than the 66.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #133 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
You are not going to notice any brightness difference. They both use the same lamp. Unfortunately your screen is too big for a JVC unless you get a smaller HP or use low lamp until you drop below a brightness level you require then switch to high lamp.

Mike

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
post #134 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM

No Mike, I temporarily lost my cell phone and have been on an all day search, and I didn't check my mail lol. I will get right on it. Thank you.
post #135 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Did you see the email I sent you this morning or get the phone message I left you?

To answer your question, the 4910 is brighter than than the 66.

Mike, I just sent you an email with the information. I was talking to someone I know in California and their good friend had bought an RS-66 and only used it 100 hours, so I was just curious about it as it's lower in price than the RS-57 pre-order price, he just wants to sell it off. I figured I could sell my replacement for the 4910, but I am not sure how much better the RS-66 would look.
post #136 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

You are not going to notice any brightness difference. They both use the same lamp. Unfortunately your screen is too big for a JVC unless you get a smaller HP or use low lamp until you drop below a brightness level you require then switch to high lamp.

Mike

My last projector was the RS-50 which I had for three years, and on the 159" screen it seems nice and bright, but also I do have a 2.4 gain DaLite screen.
post #137 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Mike, I just sent you an email with the information. I was talking to someone I know in California and their good friend had bought an RS-66 and only used it 100 hours, so I was just curious about it as it's lower in price than the RS-57 pre-order price, he just wants to sell it off. I figured I could sell my replacement for the 4910, but I am not sure how much better the RS-66 would look.

The email did not come through. Could you send it again?

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #138 of 138 Old 01-22-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

My last projector was the RS-50 which I had for three years, and on the 159" screen it seems nice and bright, but also I do have a 2.4 gain DaLite screen.

An RS66 is brighter than the RS50.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs66

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page