Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi
I'm sending my JVC HD550 (RS15) in for pink stripe repair after New Year
Should I keep the projector after the repair and wait for the stripe to appear at some point in the future, or do I sell it now while there´s still warranty on it and buy a newer JVC model without the potential for pink stripe?
Or is the fix for pink stripe permanent, that is that it never returns?
I want to keep it as it's ISF calibrated
Thanks
Jakob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm really interested in hearing from other owners of a JVC with pink stripe if it disappeared permanently after repairs
Or if the stripe appeared again after some time
I'll keep my HD550 if the fix is permanent, if not I'll sell it after repairs and buy a X30 (Euro model, last year)
Thanks for your thoughts
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 View Post

I'm really interested in hearing from other owners of a JVC with pink stripe if it disappeared permanently after repairs
Or if the stripe appeared again after some time
I'll keep my HD550 if the fix is permanent, if not I'll sell it after repairs and buy a X30 (Euro model, last year)
Thanks for your thoughts

I had the problem on my HD-950 and had the unit replaced not repaired and the issue returned in less than half the hours the original lasted. My Manufactures warranty is up, now running on my retail outlets extended warranty, and am unsure if I will get a replaced optical block, or get a current model replacement. After having the issue twice I can say that I am hoping for the latter. That does not necessarily mean that I will be out of the woods, but at least I have almost two years to see if the DLA-Xxx series has optical block issues as well. If it does there is still a chance I could end up with a paper weight, but I eventually should end up with one that is good. All I can say is thank god I went all out on replacement warranty from my retailer.

Techman707 has started a brilliant JVC optical block failure information thread to try and distinguish a failure pattern and also to just see how big the problem is right here....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451654/attention-magenta-or-any-colored-stripe-defect-on-their-jvc-projector

Would appreciate you filling in as much info as possible.

Thanks smile.gif

Edit: If your optical block is replaced it will need to be recalibrated anyways. The optical block essentially houses everything the image is produced with so any previous calibration will be lost and be irrelivent if you saved the settings.

Tags
Jvc Rs 15