RS45..... Upgrade to better or Improve hardware for optimum 3D on a larger screen ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Bought the RS45 only a year ago and have maybe 50hrs on it. On a 92 inch screen 1.0 gain it is fantastic for 2D , 3D is a little dim.
I'm building a new theater room and want to increase the size of the screen to between 100-120", likely in the middle 110 or so.

Details of what I have are:

Room: basement bat cave , 12ft wide X 30ft long X 7.5ft high. I'll use two rows of three curved seats and a rear sit up bar for a total of 9 seats.
The room is carpeted but has light walls and light flat white ceiling which I plan to darken in the build.

Projector: JVC DLA RS45 ( 50 hrs on bulb) ceiling mounted and 11.5ft from the screen.

Screen: Grandview (el cheapo) 1.0 gain mat white, ceiling mounted manual drop. Have to replace this regardless.

Seating: I was sitting 12ft from the screen but intend to move the front row MUCH closer. Last night I sat 8-9ft from the screen and it made a big
difference.....way better especially for 3D. BTW The front seats are not over 30 degrees viewing angle , less from the rear.

I am told that for at 92" diagonal screen I could move the projector closer for a brighter picture, but if going to 110" it would have to stay where it is.

SO will a Da-lite Hipower or Stewart 170 3D screen significantly improve the brightness for 3D on a 110" screen or just maintain the status quo??

I see my options as:

#1 Replace the projector with a brighter one like the Epson 6010 , Sony HW50 or equivalent( probably still have to do option #2 anyway)

#2 Keep the RS45,leave it at the 11ft mark, increase screen size to 110" and use a double screen system, high gain for 3D and another for 2D.

#3 Keep the RS45,stay with 92", go with the double screens option #2, move the projector closer, save money keep the boss happy:p

#4 OR just buy this puppy........ Sharp 90" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (LC90LE745U)

Making the bat cave darker with flat black ceilings and adding a couple of better screens alone should improve things too I hope.

Like I mentioned at a closer seating position last evening I was very immersed in the movie, way better than the 12ft location. A little brighter
would be nice, the same brightness at 110" great, brighter AND bigger ++ .

Opinions ( + or - ) on the best high gain screen for 3D and best 2D screen, a better BRIGHTER projector etc are all appreciated and welcome
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Sharp 90 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Lc 90le745u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page