1. Build Date (if available): Not too sure
2. Date first put into service? September 2011
3. Hours on projector (chassis hours) when problem started? Didn't write it down, but around 1500
4. Hours on original oem bulb when problem occurred (if still being used), or hours when removed? Same as above, still running on original bulb
5. If bulb was replaced, hours on replacement bulb when problem occurred (and brand, if known)?
6. How projector is operated - Ceiling or Table mount? Ceiling mount
7. Average room temperature where projector was operated? 70c
8. Average power cycle (i.e., number of hours operated each time projector was turned on)? 2-3 hours daily, up to 10 on weekends.
As far as I know, I'm the first to report a problem with my particular model. It's an Anthem LTX-500V, which is a clone of the JVC RS20. Problem showed up a while ago and has been constant since. Time using it, nor temperature change has affected it. Once the problem showed up it has remained. I can use it for 20 min or 10 hours and it the purple color band on the left side remains constant. It has widened over time to the point that it now really bothers me. Currently I'm working with my dealer to figure out the best solution, but being that it is an Anthem model, I have a feeling I may run into more headaches than most of you guys.
Anyways, I thought I would put my name down to let everyone know this problem also exists on the more expensive rebadges as well, and that this is still a problem. It actually is quite fascinating that most of these well documented problems are in Canada. Maybe the guy unloading them from our trucks kicked the boxes around too much?