ATTENTION: MAGENTA (or any colored) STRIPE DEFECT ON THEIR JVC PROJECTOR - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707 View Post

YES! If you read all my posts, I never believed it was an actual problem with the optical block. I believe it's dirt/dust related. wink.gif

Sorry, I only responded because your post, said the problem still exists. The problem discussion in this thread is about optical block. Optical block problems are just about extinct, since the RS40.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Sorry, I only responded because your post, said the problem still exists. The problem discussion in this thread is about optical block. Optical block problems are just about extinct, since the RS40.

You mean the RS40 had some but later models didn't or that the RS40 is the start of when the optical block problems stopped occuring?
post #183 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

LOL smile.gif I'm the one that started the thread. I never believed they were ALL defective optical blocks. None of tbe responses from JVC have made ANY sense. I've been a fan of JVC's D'ILA (LCoS) from the beginning. I STILL BELIEVE it produces the best picture quality and the closest to the look of film (which I have 50 years experience with in movie theatres).

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #184 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 04:42 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

It has been a month. Still looking good??

NO! I just didn't bother to post on this thread as it seemed dormant, I posted in the "official JVCRS40.X3" thread instead.
Less than 3 weeks after I got it back the EXACT same problem returned.
Back to those geniuses at Mendtronix yet again.

Now they're saying it needs a part number "PC010634499 DD PWB ASSY" It's still there, has been for 2 weeks, no word on when I'll get it back.

It may not be the optical block, but really it seems WORSE. Totally unusable like this.

JVC is trying to be reasonable with me, but I'm seriously thinking the RS40 at least is truly a lemon...
Really glad I have my Epson at this point. Pretty sure I'm through with JVC at this point, even if this finally gets fixed for a year or 2 more.
And even if this is a rare occurrence, as long as Mendtronix is their service provider I just don't think I want to deal with them.

S A M 33
nathan_h likes this.
post #185 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 04:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

LOL smile.gif I'm the one that started the thread. I STILL BELIEVE it produces the best picture quality and the closest to the look of film (which I have 50 years experience with in movie theatres).

So do I . I'm an old film collector, and I watch mostly vintage films, a lot of black and white. As I've said above, WHEN this works, it's got a wonderful picture, no doubt about it.
But the Epson is about 90% of it, has superior 3D, and costs about half.

IF I get in the market for a "higher end" replacement when the Epson dies (or maybe this JVC, there's still a slim hope I'll get it back and have it run for another year or two), I'll probably check out a Sony at this point.

S A M 33
post #186 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by S A M 33 View Post

NO! I just didn't bother to post on this thread as it seemed dormant, I posted in the "official JVCRS40.X3" thread instead.
Less than 3 weeks after I got it back the EXACT same problem returned.
Back to those geniuses at Mendtronix yet again.

Now they're saying it needs a part number "PC010634499 DD PWB ASSY" It's still there, has been for 2 weeks, no word on when I'll get it back.

It may not be the optical block, but really it seems WORSE. Totally unusable like this.

JVC is trying to be reasonable with me, but I'm seriously thinking the RS40 at least is truly a lemon...
Really glad I have my Epson at this point. Pretty sure I'm through with JVC at this point, even if this finally gets fixed for a year or 2 more.
And even if this is a rare occurrence, as long as Mendtronix is their service provider I just don't think I want to deal with them.

S A M 33

I agree, the JVC's throw a wonderful image. I have a JVC, but I also have a Sony also. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #187 of 191 Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

I agree, the JVC's throw a wonderful image. I have a JVC, but I also have a Sony also. smile.gif

OT here, but since you have both... I have a "door stop" JVC RS20 and need a replacement. I'm SO stung by the JVC optical block fiasco that I'm thinking of the Sony 55ES. Will I be disappointed by such things as stars in the night sky?
post #188 of 191 Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Since JVC admits to nothing and I never believed all these Optical Blocks were going bad, I would have to take your word for it that "Optical block problems are just about extinct, since the RS40". If JVC was more UPFRONT with this and other problems, they would then not only have a great projector, BUT A BETTER REPUTATION FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Sony tried to stonewall their purported optical block problem(s) on their SXRD line of TV's (that IMHO were the BEST sets they ever made for PQ when new) and wound up discontinuing those great rear screen SXRD TV's. In the end they took some responsibility, however, never admitted to ANY PROBLEM.

Any company (even a great company) can make a product with a design flaw (look at Toyota), it's when they LIE ABOUT IT FROM BEGINNING TO END that the real problems develop. So I'll end with two questions, WHY WON'T JVC TELL US THE TRUTH WHEN IT COMES TO A DEFECT ON AN OTHERWISE GREAT PROJECTOR? If the problem NO LONGER EXISTS (as you say on the RS 40 and up), EXACTLY WHAT WAS IT AND EXACTLY WHAT PARTS WERE NECESSARY TO CORRECT IT? For what these projectors sell for, I believe they OWE IT TO US!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #189 of 191 Old 04-29-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, folks... I had a magenta stripe! In my case, it was a new bulb, or the act of replacing the bulb that fixed it. Either way, I'm stoked.

The bulb that caused problems was a no-name bulb/reflector replacement I put in the old bulb housing. The new bulb is a Philips complete with housing. I looked at them side-by-side during the replacement and the no-name had become foggy. The new bulb was utterly clean and clear in comparison.
post #190 of 191 Old 04-29-2014, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

Well, folks... I had a magenta stripe! In my case, it was a new bulb, or the act of replacing the bulb that fixed it. Either way, I'm stoked.

The bulb that caused problems was a no-name bulb/reflector replacement I put in the old bulb housing. The new bulb is a Philips complete with housing. I looked at them side-by-side during the replacement and the no-name had become foggy. The new bulb was utterly clean and clear in comparison.

I think it was somewhere in this thread that I mentioned problems with some of those "no name" replacement bulbs that ran MUCH hotter than the OEM bulb and causing a number of different problems. But it might have been on the Sony SXRD TV's thread, it's been a while. However, whether D'ILA or SXRD, the visual problems it can cause on LCoS projectors and TV's are the same. If not aligned perfectly and stays that way, it can cause all kinds of problems. But hey, JVC would tell you to only use JVC brand replacement parts. -LOL smile.gif
erkq likes this.

post #191 of 191 Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think it was somewhere in this thread that I mentioned problems with some of those "no name" replacement bulbs that ran MUCH hotter than the OEM bulb and causing a number of different problems. But it might have been on the Sony SXRD TV's thread, it's been a while. However, whether D'ILA or SXRD, the visual problems it can cause on LCoS projectors and TV's are the same. If not aligned perfectly and stays that way, it can cause all kinds of problems. But hey, JVC would tell you to only use JVC brand replacement parts. -LOL smile.gif

Thank you. Graphic, scary lesson learned!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Bravia 55 Inch Sxrd Kds 55a3000 Rear Projection Hdtv , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 55a3000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page