Sharp Z12000 vs JVC X35 vs Sony 95ES - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I'm looking to upgrade my old 720p projector to the new JVC x35. Currently happy with the Sharp but have the 1080P itch. Screen size is 92" and was wondering if I will notice any improvements in picture quality as I find the sharp to be very nice and clear but have been reading some of the JVC threads and looking at the pictures posted as some of them look like the JVC has as a soft focus, don't really care much for the 3d at this point in time. I have viewed the x35 on a 110" screen and it does seem like a soft focus and the units he had in stock started with serial 171xxxxso it should have the 3D update, any thoughts or suggestions. I'm also considering the Sony V95ES, eBay has some very nice prices on the Sony .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
opv

Liked: 12
Main improvement is on/off contrast ratio and black levels. Today's projectors are also brighter, because of the 3D.
Since you're using a great single chip DLP, with super sharpness, you may find the LCOS picture soft, focus uniformity may also be an issue.
If you like the DLP picture, maybe you should consider an updated DLP projector. What's your budget for the projector?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
No more than $4k, anybody ever purchase a Sony 95ES from eBay, price is very good.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 166
There's one selling in the classified section for $3500, that's a pretty good deal. Out of two new models you've listed I'd choose the Sony 95ES over the JVC any day of the week. The main reasoning behind this has to do with the Sony using LOCS panels that have faster response times compared to the LCOS panels JVC is using. I'm a huge motion freak and its something that bothers me if it's noticeably bad. In my opinion JVC has the worst track record for this at the moment because they've refused to follow Sony by making newer faster panels. If you're worried about black levels and on/off contrast ratios the 95ES is excellent with a very smooth and rarely noticeable dynamic iris.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
opv

Liked: 12
The 95ES is a wonderful projector, assuming you get a decent unit.
I saw 3 units of 95ES, one of them was clearly better than the other two. Better blacks (approx twice better than the worst unit) better uniformity and no bright corners.
I wouldn't buy a 95ES without examining the unit first
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sharp , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page