JVC RS45U Firmware install issue...HELP!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Gurus,

HELP....I've tried the documented process to update the JVC RS-45U firmware and I keep getting an error saying timed out. It connects to my projector fine as it says in the dialog box, but then times out. I pinged the static IP address and I get a valid response. I can see the status light on the PJ going from red to amber color after the initial response and then it stays amber because it timed out. This in on my home network. No sure how I can temporarily disable everything else in the network and keep only this communication open. Any other way I can do an update of the firmware? It doesn't have a USB port, but it does have a RS-232c port....will that work? Why is the darn thing timing out? I've had this PJ since 2011 and finally decided to do a firmware update before trying out the 3D part of it.

Appreciate any pointers in advance. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I had the same problem until I did the following.
You will have to run a separate Ethernet cable from a laptop to the RS45 to do an update. See instructions below:

I would also suggest turning off the firewall. (If you don't turn it off you must hit allow when window comes up.)
1. On Windows 7 you must go to the Control Panel Network & Internet. Be sure to do this with the wired not wireless connection.
2. Hit the tab Change Settings and connections.
3. Go to internet protocol 4 (TCPIpv4)
4. Change setting to manual and put in the following numbers. Subnet MasK: 255 255 255 0 Default Gateway: 192 168 0 244
5. Be sure to put 192.168.02 in the firmware update utility if it is not already there.
6. Hit ok and try firmware update.
7. It can take 15-30 minutes
8. Follow the rest of the instructions on the firmware update pdf
post #3 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch rwestley....appreciate you responding so quickly. A quick clarification when you said use wired and not wireless connection....
1. Use Wireless on laptop and run ethernet cable from laptop to RS45 with the IP address and changes you mentioned?
If so then this means I dowload the utility on my laptop wirelessly and update the firmware via the ethernet cable to RS45 with the IP address and changed you mentioned...right? Sorry for the confusion....it's Monday after all. :-p

Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

I had the same problem until I did the following.
You will have to run a separate Ethernet cable from a laptop to the RS45 to do an update. See instructions below:

I would also suggest turning off the firewall. (If you don't turn it off you must hit allow when window comes up.)
1. On Windows 7 you must go to the Control Panel Network & Internet. Be sure to do this with the wired not wireless connection.
2. Hit the tab Change Settings and connections.
3. Go to internet protocol 4 (TCPIpv4)
4. Change setting to manual and put in the following numbers. Subnet MasK: 255 255 255 0 Default Gateway: 192 168 0 244
5. Be sure to put 192.168.02 in the firmware update utility if it is not already there.
6. Hit ok and try firmware update.
7. It can take 15-30 minutes
8. Follow the rest of the instructions on the firmware update pdf
post #4 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Woo hoo...got it! Thanks for the pointer rwestley. smile.gif It certainly made it easier with that direct connection setting like you said. I'll drink to ya tonight...cheers!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page