W7000 Best screen for large venue... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Using a W7000 from 25 feet back...

I have been looking at the Draper screens and was wondering if anyone knows anything that would fit my 161" format like a Draper but even better quality... I am seeking ultimate contrast but I am in total black cave setting 0 lamp light.... so I think the Draper ones should be fine: yes/no ? ... and people are in a 30 degree viewing cone... it's for full motion video ... what is the best out there that you can point out... I only really need manual though ... I just don't see the point in the price tag for anything else for my application... I am likely moving in the next year too so let me know what you advise...

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that can advise me of other options for that format with a reasonable price tag... just lay out the options for me as I am kinda baffled by the amount of options I have with this...

One other thing can anyone advise what to do when you ceiling isn't uniform there is a 7" rectangular corner otherwise that prevents the whole area from being a square(rectangle): In other words when I mount to the ceiling I have to loose the 7" on the left and all the way down when frankly from time to time I actually want to zoom out and ignore the 7" x 9" corner ...

I have considered just painting a projector screen and making a drywall block for the front windows that I can insert and remove when I want to watch the projector ... but then again, when a draper is only 600 bucks to get a screen that should maximize color and contrast in my total black cave whats the point.... well actually I could make a larger screen...

Are there any creative ideas to fix this ... I think I'll take a picture if people are interested in helping me out...

Sincerely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
There is a screen section that can probably better help you out much better.

With your ceiling cutout issue: with a commercial screen you have two options. Get a narrower screen or mount below the cutout. Don't try to have two different screen types. It just isn't a good idea.

Have you looked into the Carada screens? Stewart? Hard to say if they will be better for you money. Only you can know that.

DIY is good for large screens but I don't think they will be the best for a non-fixed mount screen.
futiless likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
ya they don't seem to make manual screens ... Im looking for a semi permanent solution and I need to close the screen during the day. I don't think it's worth it if they are only say 10-15 % better for a fixed frame from a name brand... because it is so dark in the theatre room it makes sense to me to make sure I keep my 50 000 : 1 but gain would be welcome at max if I I knew it would avoid hot spotting, resolution uniformity and the contrast thing...

I should definitely post in the screen section.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page