VPL-HW50ES : Black HT Ceiling worth it to improve percieved contrast? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My media room is semi-dedicated to HT but is also a general purpose room for music listening and as an overflow area for parties or just a place to get away (Man cave concept). The room will not be all black..I don't want to be in a real cave especially since I will have lights on for sports events and for general reading or visiting. The TV is in the Great Room so that is not a factor. My wife has agreed to a dark screen wall and dark carpet but draws the line with a dark ceiling.

Since my room is still under construction, my plan is to maybe use audio treatment panels on the ceiling and from the screen to the first reflection area and then a few panels on the rear of the room, bass traps in the four corners. This might be a good compromise. My current PJ choice is JVC or Sony...still evaluating.

The speakers will be matte black and will not be covered as music is a major point of this room too. I may look into some dark colored drapes near the screen (might use as masking for 2.40...or might just have them pulled back to past the screen edges and have the area around the screen flat black.

Thanks for all the ideas...I am a sponge right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 AM

Liked: 10
brothers friend i have a question this type of material is oke or not for dedicated hometheatre?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Grey-Black-Stria-Stripe-Wallpaper-Modern-Striped-Vinyl-Wallpaper-29540-/221136999462?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337ccad426
post #33 of 37 Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 293
I will post an answer. Very simple and no explanation needed. Not.I am sure others will elaborate.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #34 of 37 Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

I will post an answer. Vvery simple and no explanation needed. Not. i am sure others will elaborate.

why can you please give some info about it

take a look pls isnt it dark http://www.minhembio.com/Muliisha/298903#371119 confused.gif
post #35 of 37 Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 293
The idea is to cover the surfaces near the screen with a black non reflective material. The material you linked is not such a material.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #36 of 37 Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

The idea is to cover the surfaces near the screen with a black non reflective material. The material you linked is not such a material.

Oke a question is it also same for other walls? I mean i will paint the wall behind secreen and ceiling with black paint. what about the other walls , if i use this material does it suck again?
post #37 of 37 Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

Oke a question is it also same for other walls? I mean i will paint the wall behind secreen and ceiling with black paint. what about the other walls , if i use this material does it suck again?

I you do paint it black, make sure the paint you buy is matte not glossy or some other type in between. Black cloth will work better than matte black paint for absorbing light, but if you need to use paint, get the darkest matte black you can find.

---------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page