Should I consider any other 3-4k projectors other than the Panny PT-AE8000U for my needs? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 31 Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

You have to take into consideration the price difference between the 50ES and the Pannasonic. It's quite a bit more. Also, I don't think people demo them long enough to realize the benefits the 50ES has over the 8000 in PQ. I think both of these factors are the real reason the Pannasonic sells so much more. You didn't mention if they sold Epson projectors there. Do they?

Yes they do sell Epson and the 5020 is also setup in one of the rooms. The price difference is only $500 between the Sony and the Panny. I really like the sony but you are right that when comparing the 2, you'll need a fair amount of time with each to see the advantages and disadvantages of each. But as we all know, it doesn't work like that in a store. People will watch a bit of a movie etc on both and choose. For me, I'd be the guy in there for a few hours at least but thats is not the norm. "Most decisions are made within 20 minutes" (My friends words not mine). I will say this, if you go into both rooms and watch both projectors in 3D and all the goodies, unless they were side by side maybe, it's pretty hard to make a true decision that one is "x" amount better than the other and anything unless you truly know exactly what you are looking for, I'll admit I don't know but I know enough to make a good choice, most people know nothing.
I currently have the AE7000 and can't wait to get something new but as it sits now, nothing really has me wanting to change for any reason. My 7000 has been great.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Optoma Hd8300 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc8000dbl Dlp 3d Home Theater Projector With Spare Lamp 1300 Ansi 12 6 Lbs
Gear in this thread - Hd8300 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page