EPSON TW8100 not work fine with INTEGRA 70.2 receiver - AVS Forum
Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP > EPSON TW8100 not work fine with INTEGRA 70.2 receiver
MrDiegoRU-SPB's Avatar MrDiegoRU-SPB 12:08 AM 01-25-2013
Good day guys, please give me advice... On new year i make a gift for myself with new EPSON TW8100, to swap my TW2900 used for 2 years with pleasure rolleyes.gif

So, close to a problem - 8100 is shutting off its image when a lot of white color in image (as white background in folders of windows, white flashes in cinema, etc)
theres an youtube of it (sorry for russian speaking, i saying the same i write here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzZra-ueU8

My setup is

Projector - 15 meters HDMI-HDMI cabel HQ 1.4 - receiver INTEGRA 70.2 - 1.5m hdmi-hdmi HQ - HTPC and PS3.

All works absolutely fine with PS3 - its not a lot of white in menus and games you know biggrin.gif

But when we chose the HTPC the problem comes up - its going off if you open ANYTHING white on fullscreen... its problem...

After 3 days of researching the problem, swaping a lot of hdmi cables, using HDMI signal amplifier and etc etc etc, i conclude that all works fine if projector pluged in Radeon 6670 directly, excluding INTEGRA 70.2.

Yesterday i buy Gefrorce GT640 with native HDMI (not mini) - problem stay the same.

If i plug HDMI in DVI-HDMI connector (so its DVI-RECEIVER-PROJECTOR) - all works FINE! But when its hdmi-receiver-projector, its not working.

I tried all preferences on HTPC driver - swap resolution to 720p, to 24hz, to 16 bit - no profit, problem stay as is.
Same in projector and receiver (there's a lack of customizing there huh)..

Can you help me with solution - what can i do to make it work fine?

MrDiegoRU-SPB's Avatar MrDiegoRU-SPB 12:00 AM 01-29-2013
no any suggestion? dead forum =\
Jeff J's Avatar Jeff J 07:17 AM 01-29-2013
what about HDMI CEC? any chance the receiver could be telling the projector to turn off when it gets a wonky signal from the htpc?

I'd look for any menu options and turn off any control-via-HDMI options in the receiver and projector.
MrDiegoRU-SPB's Avatar MrDiegoRU-SPB 01:03 PM 01-29-2013
projector didnt turning off - just showing "blank black" screen.. if image changed to ANYthing except white, it will work fine at all... in projector and receiver options ALL video functions turned off =\
jd@be's Avatar jd@be 05:24 PM 03-17-2013
Hi

I have the same issue with my TW8100. The Projector is connected to a Marantz SR7007 that is connected to the HDMI port of a HTPC with an Asus P8H77-M Pro MoBo with an Intel Core i7 processor with e the Intel HD4000 GPU. The cable between the HTPC and receiver is 1m, between the receiver and projector 9m.

If I display a big white window (app 66% or more of the screen size) then I get a black screen. The projector is then "dead" because it doesn't react anymore to re remote control or power button.

Did you find a solution already?

Thanks

Johan Devos
MrDiegoRU-SPB's Avatar MrDiegoRU-SPB 02:59 AM 03-18-2013
hi there! Bad news, but i dont have any update here , but have some way to make my home theatre work. I already swapped projector twice to new one and problem stays, so its can be only problem in software of projectors and it way how it take signal from HTPC. (because 3 another works fine - tw2900, benq w600, acer 5360)

I found that projector works fine when plugged directly into HTPC, without receiver. It can blink for 1 second to blank black, but only in windows folders with white.
But in that way theres no sound of course(videocard not conected to receiver)...
so i make my system work that way:
In HTPC i install 2 videocards (ATI ofc) - 1 video is directly to projector, sedond video to receiver - it works good, no problems with 2D nor 3D playing.
Second way that i have PS3/Xbox/BDplayer so need to plugin receiver in projector too, so i lay second HDMI from receiver to Projector...

Its kinda lots of cables, but only that way it works =((((

jd@be's Avatar jd@be 03:29 AM 05-11-2013
Hi

Thank you for the tip.

After I connected the TW8100 direct to my HTPC the problem is also gone. Unfortunatly I don't have a 2th HDMI output. I connected the DVI output from mi MoBo to my receiver in combination with the SPDIF and this also works.
jd@be's Avatar jd@be 04:05 PM 05-13-2013
I made my last post to fast. With the direct cable connection the problem occurs not so frequent but it is not solved completely.

In another thread on AVSforum I found quite some posts with the same problem and somebody mentioned that his problem was solved with new firmware (version 1.03)

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1449027/epson-5020ub-owners-thread/510#post_23299267

I am now trying to get this new firmware from Epson…
MrDiegoRU-SPB's Avatar MrDiegoRU-SPB 03:55 AM 05-16-2013
With the direct cable connection the problem occurs not so frequent but it is not solved completely.

yeah, same here from me, problem not resolved and appears even more often now =\ i cant open any folder in windows without image disabling after that. If that problem resolved it will be extremely good =)
jd@be's Avatar jd@be 12:59 PM 06-20-2013
I got the 1.03 version firmware in my projector. I reconnected the projector to the receiver and it is already running a few hours without blanking... fingers crossed.
MrDiegoRU-SPB's Avatar MrDiegoRU-SPB 01:13 AM 10-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@be View Post

I got the 1.03 version firmware in my projector. I reconnected the projector to the receiver and it is already running a few hours without blanking... fingers crossed.

hi! so, is it fine now? i want to leave a beamer in service to get new firwmare on this week.
Tags: Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector V11h336120 , Polk Audio Monitor 70 Am7022 A 3 Way Floorstanding Speaker Single Cherry
Up
Mobile  Desktop