New JVC RS46 with Black Diamond 119" Fixed (2.35) 1.4 gain - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I should have my new projector and screen delivered and mounted in just a few days ( also ordered the Darblet).

I ordered all items based on web reviews, etc. I have seen older DILA projectors at past CES'.. but other than that it is impossible to view projectors in my area.... even large retailers do not have them on display.

I went to BHPhoto last week to view the Panny 8000, but it was on display out in the open store against a white wall.... all of the store lights were on and of course all of the window light..... this store is huge..... How in the world they expect for anyone to judge the picture is beyond me....

So, I just used my general dislike for previous LCD models I had seen in the past...... and chose the JVC. There is a little regret for not choosing the RS48, but I used too much of my budget on the screen.

I have a light controlled room, so I am hoping the picture will be plenty bright for my purposes.

2D main interest
Best Movie viewing for my budget
Sports viewing is relatively important......
3D would be merely a curiosity and maybe for my daughter and her friends... too bad the emitter and glasses will cost so much.... but that's down the road....

I will post my impressions next week.

If anyone owns a similar setup (including the screen), I would love to hear from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
@Innhitman - Please post some impressions and expressions i.e. pics.

I don't have a similar setup right now but I'd like a similar setup in the near future. My media room is light controlled and I'd be watching movies and sports.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page