ISE AMSTERDAM 2013 THE HOME THEATER DLP HYBRID WORLD Live report from Netherlands - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello.kraine
I was expecting to see the Sony 95ES replacement at ISE...this is what my HT dealer told me.
It will be launched one of the two models in this April?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

Exactly, both Sony and BenQ are much too bright for a home theater use and they aren't build for this kind of purpose.

Don't we need significantly more brightness for 3d though given that the glasses cut about 80% of the output? Video processing is another thing, but from a brightness standpoint, if you could calibrate that level of output, you might actually be able to get the level of brightness to your eyes for 3d that one is accustomed to with 2d. Sounds like a case for a dual lamp solution?

"A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad. "
-Samuel Goldwyn

I wonder what he'd think about 3D IMAX?
post #63 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Hello Maximus74,

The launch of the 2 new SONY home theater projectors from 2013 will happen at the next IFA show in Berlin, so nothing before september. That is what a SONY representative told me at AMSTERDAM 2 days ago.

Visit the new pjhc.fr forum here : http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/forum/
post #64 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 580
With Sony in its miserable financial shape and undergoing another massive round of layoffs, many of which mean next friday is the least day for many employees, it simply is not safe to go on what anybody says as that person may not even be working for Sony for very long. That said I think it likely at berlin given that Cedia is late in September rather than early Sept in the past. The bean countes are in total control at Sony in a desperate effort to ensure the survival of Sony and they are not taking prisoners. If there is risk, if a unit is profitable, it is gone and I fully susSony will exit the flat panel market in the next two years. just my guess.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #65 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

With Sony in its miserable financial shape and undergoing another massive round of layoffs, many of which mean next friday is the least day for many employees, it simply is not safe to go on what anybody says as that person may not even be working for Sony for very long. That said I think it likely at berlin given that Cedia is late in September rather than early Sept in the past. The bean countes are in total control at Sony in a desperate effort to ensure the survival of Sony and they are not taking prisoners. If there is risk, if a unit is profitable, it is gone and I fully susSony will exit the flat panel market in the next two years. just my guess.

The Projection Departments shouldn't see anything as these are the departments doing very well.
post #66 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

From what I've heard there is very little money to be made in the flat panel business these days. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they dropped out. To add to that most people these days aren't buying Sony flat panels. Most reviews tell people to go with Samsung, Panasonic, or Sharp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Crazy Projector Journey
post #67 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post

The Projection Departments shouldn't see anything as these are the departments doing very well.

You are wrong. The US projector department just took a big hit. engineering, management,, even I do not know how much more . My long time contacts are gone at the end of next week.

it was a been counter decision. Necessary to cut operating costs. Is not like you balancing your income against expenses. Its trying to knock something out of the park rather than making a small profit in one division and I doubt once overhead was factor in, even that wasn't happening. So they kept it fpor the present but cut operating expenses which translate to a big cut in customer service. Wanna bet that the whole Sony ES goes bye bye just like Qualia went bye bye. Yea there will be projectors and good ones but getting service (not repairs or warranty service) will be extinct. Having responsive ears, no longer. just my opinion. The last round of cuts have now taken the company below critical msass. the product lines must be cut. It can be solved by less doing more at this point nor can economies of scale help.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #68 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post

Don't we need significantly more brightness for 3d though given that the glasses cut about 80% of the output? Video processing is another thing, but from a brightness standpoint, if you could calibrate that level of output, you might actually be able to get the level of brightness to your eyes for 3d that one is accustomed to with 2d. Sounds like a case for a dual lamp solution?

You are also going to need a second fixed iris like the JVC's have or the projector is going to be too bright in 2D mode.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #69 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You mean a second adjustable iris that could get down the brightness entering the optical engine. But this is really not effecient, a better solution and a greener one would be to shut one bulb off or run the bulbs at lower wattage for 2D.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #70 of 74 Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
After seeing various news articles about Digital Projection's 1500 lumen LED projector shown at ISE, I decided to email them about it. Apparently, it was a proof of concept model based on the Titan chassis. No other details were given but they are trying assess whether they will make it into a production model.

post #71 of 74 Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #72 of 74 Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
That's a great report, kraine! Thanks for sharing with us!
post #73 of 74 Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thank you Elix, I appreciate your comments. smile.gif

Visit the new pjhc.fr forum here : http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/forum/
post #74 of 74 Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post

That's a great report, kraine! Thanks for sharing with us!
He's always on top of things. Thanks Kraine for the updates
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page