epson 5020 and directv 3d - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i'm certain this is some directv proprietary nonsense, but i thought i'd bring it up in case it's a dealbreaker for anyone, or if anyone or had a fix. my 5020ub will not auto-detect directv's 3d stream. I get split screen side-by-side until I manually set the projector to side-by-side 3d mode.

on the other hand, my ps3 playing a 3d Blu-ray automatically switches the Epson into 3d.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
KDH

Liked: 13
Its direct they will change firmware and it will change. It looks like pooipe anyway. Maybe someday it would be worth looking at. Did get a nice pop out with dolphins and whales. Go to where the whales start right after the first comerical and the tale looks like its in your lap.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
the manual switching would not be a big deal for me. what is a big deal for me is the directv receiver decides my tv is not 3d compatible sometimes. I have to turn of the receiver and turn it back on. this also wouldn't be a big deal, except when the receiver decides my tv is not 3d compatible, it basically shuts off access to the 3d channels. so anything I have scheduled to record doesn't record.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtmcgirt View Post

the manual switching would not be a big deal for me. what is a big deal for me is the directv receiver decides my tv is not 3d compatible sometimes. I have to turn of the receiver and turn it back on. this also wouldn't be a big deal, except when the receiver decides my tv is not 3d compatible, it basically shuts off access to the 3d channels. so anything I have scheduled to record doesn't record.

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-HDMI-EDIDP-HDmi-Detective-Plus/dp/B001RIMZUW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2Q9K1GLVZUIQ4&coliid=I1M2LP3APRAWKC

I haven't tried it myself but it seems to work for others. I plan to get one when my glasses come in (Panasonic rebate program) since I have a switch and receiver between my DVR and PJ.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 PM
KDH

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xank View Post

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-HDMI-EDIDP-HDmi-Detective-Plus/dp/B001RIMZUW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2Q9K1GLVZUIQ4&coliid=I1M2LP3APRAWKC

I haven't tried it myself but it seems to work for others. I plan to get one when my glasses come in (Panasonic rebate program) since I have a switch and receiver between my DVR and PJ.

That has nothing to do with it, save money. Its direct, This works for non 3d devices sometimes.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page