Looking for first projector deciding between JVC x35 or Epson 6020 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Going with a black diamond screen from screen innovations with 1.4 gain 100 inches. The room does have small amount of ambient light, but will be controlling that with black out curtains and such. Will be using largely for watching TV from Dish network, Apple Tv movies and occasions movies via blu ray. We like to watch collage football and action movies. I must emphasize large use for just regular TV watching. I have been a Panasonic High End Plasma user for some time and some what worried going to be sacrificing image quality if going to a projector. Concerned will not be crisp or 1080 if that makes sense. My current 65 inch plasma is very smooth and produce great picture. I cannot remember the last time we watched a Blu Ray, but mostly rent movies from Apple Tv or Netflix. Blue Ray movies would be every now and then but again TV watching approx 80 percent of the time or more.

Looking to see what would be the best projector in the 3000-5000 range. Would rather stay in the 3500-4000 range, but if a $1000 will make that much difference not opposed to going a bit higher.

Another concern is Jitty motion...Do not want motion issues like LED's have. Do not like the ghosting.

On 3D would be every now and then

Thanks for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You have to include sony hw50 in your list, it would be perfect for your needs (motion, brightness, etc).

by the way, not all "led/lcd" have motions problem, it's even smoother than best plasma on last sony/samsung modeles, without any flickering (and better with ambient light than any plasma).
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan1 View Post

Going with a black diamond screen from screen innovations with 1.4 gain 100 inches. The room does have small amount of ambient light, but will be controlling that with black out curtains and such. Will be using largely for watching TV from Dish network, Apple Tv movies and occasions movies via blu ray. We like to watch collage football and action movies. I must emphasize large use for just regular TV watching. I have been a Panasonic High End Plasma user for some time and some what worried going to be sacrificing image quality if going to a projector. Concerned will not be crisp or 1080 if that makes sense. My current 65 inch plasma is very smooth and produce great picture. I cannot remember the last time we watched a Blu Ray, but mostly rent movies from Apple Tv or Netflix. Blue Ray movies would be every now and then but again TV watching approx 80 percent of the time or more.

Looking to see what would be the best projector in the 3000-5000 range. Would rather stay in the 3500-4000 range, but if a $1000 will make that much difference not opposed to going a bit higher.

Another concern is Jitty motion...Do not want motion issues like LED's have. Do not like the ghosting.

On 3D would be every now and then

Thanks for any advice

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I'm a bit confused on your screen choice. If there is only a small amount of ambient light and you have black out curtains to use to cut the ambient light out, why are you buying the black diamond screen? There are plenty of other screen choices out there that are far cheaper and will yield a much better looking picture. The black diamond screens have a huge color push, aren't the smoothest screen surface out there and (like I already said) are very expensive.

If you're worried about a soft looking picture, you may want to think about buying a nicer single chip DLP. They will look noticeably crisper compared to either machine on a lot content. Some content it won't matter the technology but on most of the newer movies and TV shows where there is little to no grain the picture will look visibly sharper in comparison.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6020ub 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page