AE8000 setting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased an AE8000 - I love it. Brightness on 2D is incredible. Question for anyone out there....my mount is not perfectly centered so my picture is angled at the top and level at the bottom. Is there a setting that can help me line this up so it fits my screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDeady View Post

I just purchased an AE8000 - I love it. Brightness on 2D is incredible. Question for anyone out there....my mount is not perfectly centered so my picture is angled at the top and level at the bottom. Is there a setting that can help me line this up so it fits my screen?

Hi Keith. No there's no setting to fix this. Even if there were, it would be some kind of digital correction which will screw up your picture.

But that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Rather than look for a setting, you need to physically reposition/rotate your projector to square up the image. See my post here to understand what the problem is and how to fix it:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1458735/alignment-issues-with-sony-hw50es#post_22978766
post #3 of 5 Old 02-26-2013, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hi Xank - Thanks for your response. I did an overscan and it seemed to help. I may bite the bullet and align my ceiling projector exact. I'm only off by 1/4-1/2". I noticed you have an AE8000. Do you have a problem with brightness while watching 3D. I know this is a common problem when watching 3D in general, but do you make adjustments while watching 3D? Thanks! Keith
post #4 of 5 Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDeady View Post

Hi Xank - Thanks for your response. I did an overscan and it seemed to help. I may bite the bullet and align my ceiling projector exact. I'm only off by 1/4-1/2". I noticed you have an AE8000. Do you have a problem with brightness while watching 3D. I know this is a common problem when watching 3D in general, but do you make adjustments while watching 3D? Thanks! Keith

Keith, it sounds like you already know this but the overscan is just masking the problem and not correcting it in any way. I would guess that any straight lines that appear near the top of your image still look crooked relative to the frame of your screen. But it's certainly better than seeing the crooked edge of the image itself.

Does your mount not have a couple screws that you can loosen to easily make adjustments? Regardless it's still somewhat tricky to fix positioning issues like this.

As for brightness problems with 3D, don't we all? Any 3D technology that requires the use of glasses will inherently reduce brightness vs 2D viewing. That's why reviews of 3D projectors always focus on brightness. I don't personally use 3D that much, but a lot of people will switch to Dynamic picture mode for 3D to compensate for the loss of brightness. You won't get as natural colors, but if you're watching 3D you obviously don't care about picture quality anyway (just kidding wink.gif).
post #5 of 5 Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Overscan is not only masking the problem. You're ruining the picture somehow.
From wikipedia:
1:1 Pixel Mapping is a video display technique used in some devices, such as LCD monitors. A monitor that has been set to 1:1 pixel mapping will try to display an input source without scaling"
Overscaning by using Digital Zoom: In this case the input is digitally scaled/zoomed so that it becomes larger than the actual display area. If your TV does this and it cannot be disabled you will never achieve 1:1 pixel mapping.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page