Help buying first projector please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well....my first since 2001 anyways, when I bought a Sim2 for my last house.

I have built a dedicated theater room in my basement, and I'm getting close to having it finished (finishing it with the entire basement, so it's a slow go). I am to the point where I need to decide on projector and receiver.

The throw distance is about 17', and I have a 110" 16:9 acoustically transparent screen. The room doesn't have any windows, and only one door which is exterior grade and completely sealed. There isn't any ambient light to contend with.

The house is controlled with Control4, so to make things easier I'd prefer something that can be controlled via Serial or IP, and has discrete inputs. I don't care about 3D...my kids might like it but I don't care about it. It would be a bonus if a PJ had it, but certainly not something I'd pay extra for.

I've heard good things about Panasonics...the AE8000u? I'd love to hear your input on what I should be looking at. I want something good that we will be happy with for years, but I don't want to exceed that point of diminishing return.

Thanks in advance...I appreciate any advice you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen View Post

Well....my first since 2001 anyways, when I bought a Sim2 for my last house.

I have built a dedicated theater room in my basement, and I'm getting close to having it finished (finishing it with the entire basement, so it's a slow go). I am to the point where I need to decide on projector and receiver.

The throw distance is about 17', and I have a 110" 16:9 acoustically transparent screen. The room doesn't have any windows, and only one door which is exterior grade and completely sealed. There isn't any ambient light to contend with.

The house is controlled with Control4, so to make things easier I'd prefer something that can be controlled via Serial or IP, and has discrete inputs. I don't care about 3D...my kids might like it but I don't care about it. It would be a bonus if a PJ had it, but certainly not something I'd pay extra for.

I've heard good things about Panasonics...the AE8000u? I'd love to hear your input on what I should be looking at. I want something good that we will be happy with for years, but I don't want to exceed that point of diminishing return.

Thanks in advance...I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ptae8000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page