AVS Forum banner

Purple right edge on Mitsu 9K PJ

771 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  slowcarix2 
#1 ·
Hi All, my pj is starting to have this purple right edge....is it an easy fix?

See less See more
#4 ·
That optical block is toasted. Must be JVC LCoS panels as they look exactly the same when they auto-bork themselves.

Is the unit shelf mounted?

Hoping you are covered under warranty because it is usually more than what the projector is worth to replace the optical block and can happen again to the new block (happened to me)

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax  /t/1462563/purple-right-edge-on-mitsu-9k-pj/0_100#post_23069427

That optical block is toasted. Must be JVC LCoS panels as they look exactly the same when they auto-bork themselves.

Hoping you are covered under warranty because it is usually more than what the projector is worth to replace the optical block and can happen again to the new block (happened to me)

Mitsu, reportedly, used Sony panels. They must have used JVC glue...

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax  /t/1462563/purple-right-edge-on-mitsu-9k-pj#post_23069427

unit is shelf mounted.  does it make a diff?

TIA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.