Total Newbie question on the 3D of the W7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off, I apologize for the question, but this group seems to be the "pros" of the W7000.
Purchased from Costco 2 months ago. Received 3D glasses from 3D Heaven a few weeks ago. USB rechargeable DLP. Also came with a 3D practice disc.
Can't get the 3D to work. Movies such as Brave, Titanic will show 3D momentrailly and then go blurry. Glasses are charged. Projector settings are on 3D Auto. Very dissapointed, but hope that it is my inexperience rather than the product.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 AM

Liked: 14
Martin - you need to make sure the glasses are DLP LINK glasses...there are some other non-DLP Link glasses out there that WILL NOT work with the w7000. Just make sure they are DLP Link like these from True Depth:

http://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-3D-DLP-LINK-Rechargeable/dp/B0053T5QPW

Can you list the glasses you bought from 3D heaven?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. These are the ones I have:
http://ultimate3dheaven.com/dlplire3dglu.html

They are supposed to work.
??????????
post #4 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 AM

Hmmm...so you say it shows 3D for a moment then goes out? Sounds like the glasses are either losing sync or turning off completely.
Is there any indicator that shows the glasses are staying powered on? Does it happen when you turn your head away from the screen?
post #5 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin8360 View Post

First off, I apologize for the question, but this group seems to be the "pros" of the W7000.
Purchased from Costco 2 months ago. Received 3D glasses from 3D Heaven a few weeks ago. USB rechargeable DLP. Also came with a 3D practice disc.
Can't get the 3D to work. Movies such as Brave, Titanic will show 3D momentrailly and then go blurry. Glasses are charged. Projector settings are on 3D Auto. Very dissapointed, but hope that it is my inexperience rather than the product.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

My 7000 combined with both my TrueDepth and Optoma 201s glasses loose sync easily if you turn your head, get up, etc........As long as I am just sitting there watching the movie as I normally do though it is fine. This sync issue would be a lot more annoying if I entertained more due to turning your head and talking to others, people getting up to go to the bathroom and wondering why their glasses are not working, etc......but I dont have people over much. This is definitely my biggest complaint with the 7000 and not sure how to improve it. Not a major issue, but annoying.

So my question to you is when you are watching 3d and it stops working are you just sitting there as you normally would and not turning your head, or are you up walking around testing out the 3d, turning your head, looking down, etc......? You might just be experiencing the sync issues and if so, just make sure you are not doing a lot of head movement and dont get out of your seat. A bit ridiculous I know, but that is what I have to do to make sure things dont loose sync. Of course if the glasses do loose sync I can get them back on by just waiting a moment looking at the screen, or turning my head back/forth kind of quick which will re-engage them.

On that note, does anyone have ANY suggestions for getting a stronger and more reliable sync with the 7000 and either the TrueDepths or 201s? Like I mentioned, for me this is not a big issue since I am usually alone in my movie watching and I dont turn my head in general when engaged in a film, but I would love to improve things if possible. I would have to think this would be very annoying for people who do entertain fairly often explaining to your guests why their glasses go in and out of sync.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #6 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 10:06 AM

I have the Optoma ZD201 and the True Depth and they both work great. The True Depth are better if you wear glasses but the ZD201 block the red flash better. The ZD201 do lose sync if you look away from the screen but resync within a second.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM

Hey Toe - I am wondering if it has to do with the throw of the projector...the further away the less powerful the sync? My projector is about 14 ft away from a 106" screen and I rarely lose sync with the True Depths even if I turn my head or get out of my seat.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page