Possible for Lcos to have 100% ghost free 3d? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I use a DLP for 3D and a JVC for 2D. Is it even possible for Lcos to have 100% ghost free 3D? Please excuse my ignorance.redface.gif

Tanks,
Tom

My equipment: JVC RS55 for 2D, BenQ W7000 for 3D, Carada 40x117 2.925:1 AR BW Criterion screen, Navatar .8 HD conversion lens, Darbee Darblet, region free Oppo BP93, Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD, JVC HD-DH5U D-Theater, Mitsubishi HS-HD 20000 DVHS, Pioneer CLD-97 LD player/AC-3 mod, B&K AC3 Demodulator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post

I use a DLP for 3D and a JVC for 2D. Is it even possible for Lcos to have 100% ghost free 3D? Please excuse my ignorance.redface.gif

Tanks,
Tom

Yes its possible. Ghosting is visable cross talk. If you make the image dim enough your eye would not be able to discern the cross tralk. Not a practical solution but the question was asked if it was in the realm of possibility. The issue boils down to the slowness of the Lcos panel compared to a DLP panel and the need to end up up with sufficient brightness given the opening time of each lens in the 3D glasses. The glassses need to be open enough to get what i will call here minimal brightness for comfortable viewing. the slowness of the panel to write and extinguish the image means the shutter or lenses have to be open when the other eye image has not fully extinguished.

Now I have a LCOS projector and virtually there is no ghosting except very very infrequently in extreme cases such as a dark title line against a light background. It happens so infrequently as to virtually non existant.But the 3D image is a tad too dim on a unity gain screen 54 x 96. my projector is rated at 2000 lumens.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page