"Black" Theater Improvment Thread (Once you go black you never go back?) - Page 62 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1831 of 1837 Old Today, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
yes, that's correct. I posted some details after that post on total length possible per controller, required power supply info, etc.

I'm sure you will like the Hue lighting system just as much as I do, they are a major part of my rec / HT room now.
Zombie, does the Led strip just clip into the ballast? The strips you linked to work just as well as the matching strip?

So it's a standard connection?

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : Harmony Ultimate |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1837 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 589
I can barely finish my own projects.

lighting angle on the GU10's seems right, the various photos on their site are a good representation of how it looks in person.

The BR30's have identical features as the A19, not sure why there would be a variance in the marketing material. The main benefit I suppose is the size. it has a wider surface area than the A19 so it may have a better flood effect depending on what fixture was used. It might be worth picking one of these up to see if it will work in the room.
post #1833 of 1837 Old Today, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Zombie, does the Led strip just clip into the ballast? The strips you linked to work just as well as the matching strip?

So it's a standard connection?
It's not a standard connection, just thin metal wire that has to be stripped and carefully inserted into the ballast.

Download this photo and zoom in a bit, you can see the connections here:

AidenL likes this.
post #1834 of 1837 Old Today, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
It's not a standard connection, just thin metal wire that has to be stripped and carefully inserted into the ballast.

Download this photo and zoom in a bit, you can see the connections here:

I wonder what level of electrical skills I'd need to pull that off?

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : Harmony Ultimate |
post #1835 of 1837 Old Today, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

there really isn't much to it besides stripping some of the plastic off the wiring of the LED's and inserting them into the controller.

The trick is to push down on this clip area to open up the metal prongs inside so that the wire can be inserted correctly for a good connection. you'll figure it out when you see it in person.

post #1836 of 1837 Old Today, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
If you ask nice he might even come over and install them for you
Ha, he's done so much already! His lighting is a great inspiration for what I'm putting together. Speaking of @zombie10k - I have the LED started pack light kit from Amazon that you liked me too. I don't have the FLS-PP Ip or HUE part going yet. With the LED light strips and the remote it comes with, its dimmest setting is still too bright for certain scenes I want to ultimately create. Will the FLS-PP Ip with HUE controls give me finer control over the dimming and in particular let me go quite a bit dimmer? Or regardless of how I drive these is the dimmest option I see now as dim as it goes? Thanks!
post #1837 of 1837 Old Today, 05:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Ha, he's done so much already! His lighting is a great inspiration for what I'm putting together. Speaking of @zombie10k - I have the LED started pack light kit from Amazon that you liked me too. I don't have the FLS-PP Ip or HUE part going yet. With the LED light strips and the remote it comes with, its dimmest setting is still too bright for certain scenes I want to ultimately create. Will the FLS-PP Ip with HUE controls give me finer control over the dimming and in particular let me go quite a bit dimmer? Or regardless of how I drive these is the dimmest option I see now as dim as it goes? Thanks!
I'd say. He's gone above and beyond

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi , Panasonic Blu Ray Disc Player Dmp Bd30k , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - 5020ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page