JVC RS 55 or RS 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-25-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please forgive me if this has been answered, but I haven't been able to find an answer. My resaerch tells me that the RS56 will be a remarkable projector for my fully light controlled dedicated theater.

We will watch an even split of movies and television in the room. I have 2 questions.

1. I have found brand new rs55's for $2000 less than the 56. Is the 56 that much improved to justify me springing for it as opposed to the 55?

2.. 16:9 or 2.35:1? We will watch an even mix of content. Which would you go with and why?

Our space is 16x26x10. First row seating about 14 feet back. Monoprice has a manual masking screen, but it only goes to 120" whereas I was thinking about a 156" screen for our space.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigalo View Post

Please forgive me if this has been answered, but I haven't been able to find an answer. My resaerch tells me that the RS56 will be a remarkable projector for my fully light controlled dedicated theater.

We will watch an even split of movies and television in the room. I have 2 questions.

1. I have found brand new rs55's for $2000 less than the 56. Is the 56 that much improved to justify me springing for it as opposed to the 55?

2.. 16:9 or 2.35:1? We will watch an even mix of content. Which would you go with and why?

Our space is 16x26x10. First row seating about 14 feet back. Monoprice has a manual masking screen, but it only goes to 120" whereas I was thinking about a 156" screen for our space.

Thanks for any input.

Sent you a PM.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle