Official Mitsubishi HC5 Owners Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #721 of 740 Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I also have my other projector on service for power out´s ....ring any bell ?

Ok im ready to watch a movie....start the projector. it may start or may not.
let´s assume it´s starts...... from 15-60 minutes it often shuts down instantly. and keep blinkin the electronic board error. orange blinks or what ever.
i give it a sigarette break (allthough i don´t smoke) and try starting it up. it might or might not start until the 8th try. then it works no problems
to the end of how much i wanna use it. 2-8h no matter. next day, the same cycle begins.

I send it to service earlier.....they did not find any problems....F*** .... the problem started getting daily, i send it again couple weeks ago. it
has been in service for a week now and they have not find the problem. i don´t know what the f*** im gonna do with it. It cant stay there for months.
and i don´t send it third time. And i understand the parts are a number so they can´t just change everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 740 Old 02-16-2016, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Replacing Bulb HC5 cheap method?

Hi,

does anyone knows if we can exchange only the lamp without changing the cage?
So this would be a very cheap thing? Original Lamp without the cage??
Is it possible?

Thanks

projektoren-datenbank.com/lampen/index-en.php?lan=en&suche=&hersteller=MITSUBISHI&id=nf28 060&status=
amazon.de/dp/B00SBD16FG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1E4N0 22K4RC7P&coliid=I2JFJM4IP7BRC3
post #723 of 740 Old 03-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Ok. F****

sorry my language.
I got my projector back couple days ago. Great it works ( why not as it has been replaced) But there is huge dust blob that
is seen on black image. only in when there is lot´s of black. But the blob and messines increases when closing down the iris.
If i close down the iris as close as it gets, the image is like normandy beach after the bombing. It´s filled with different size
dust blobs. Compared to my other HC5 that has solid black, no matter what iris position.

I don´t understand how the service persons does not see. they don´t see ****. ...eVER.

My projector had first service in november 2014, due to the fact it sometimes did not start or would shutdown during watching.
- no error found

then it got more bad i send it again in november 2015 ...yet again no problem occur during testing... now it has been 3-4 moths in
service and i still have to suffer sometimes from the power failure. It´s quite fun when you have people over watching movies.

Then it goes even badder when it arrives from service where yet again nothing is found. The projector shuts down everytim in an hour.

i send it again febriary 2016 and we agree to change the insides of the projector.
I don´t get the fact why did i have to send my own there as they needed the top of the casing.

projector comes. No sticker. how do i know what is the serial of the new projector ?
it works but there is dust on the panel that is seen on black images.

Im super disappointed but i would not wan´t to send it anymore as things seem to get worst everytime. and it´s 170€ everytime to ship.
luckily i got 2 lamps to settle the costs.

i mostly use the projector for passive 3D so you can image how annoying feeling it is when there is dust blob seen on the other eye.

I Don´t know what to do.

remeber when projector is replaced with new. it could mean factory refurbished as i think has happened here.
How else can you explain the dust on the optics.
post #724 of 740 Old 05-08-2016, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 95
My HC5 has been doing the same thing, where it will stay on for about 10 minutes and just shut off. I'm not sure what to do, My bulb has around 400 hours on it, it doesn't seem like a bulb issue considering it still comes on initially, but just shuts off after a while.

Should I buy another bulb? cheapest I can find is on amazon for around $250

Should I send it out to be repaired? I have no idea how much that will cost.

http://shop.mendtronix.com/in-warran...ty-repair.html

AVR - Emotiva UMC-200 + UPA-700 / Sources - PS3/Xbox360
Fronts - Klipsch KF-28 / Center - Klipsch RC-62
Sides - Klipsch VS-14 / Rears - Klipsch VS-14
Sub1 - SVS PB12-NSD / Sub2 - SVS PB12-NSD
PRJ - Mitsubishi HC5 / SCN - 120" ES cinewhite
post #725 of 740 Old 05-17-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespace303 View Post
My HC5 has been doing the same thing, where it will stay on for about 10 minutes and just shut off. I'm not sure what to do, My bulb has around 400 hours on it, it doesn't seem like a bulb issue considering it still comes on initially, but just shuts off after a while.

Should I buy another bulb? cheapest I can find is on amazon for around $250

Should I send it out to be repaired? I have no idea how much that will cost.

http://shop.mendtronix.com/in-warran...ty-repair.html
It´s no Bulb it´s something else pretty shure.

I got mine back yesterday...whoo ****in´ who ... 4 time on the road.
First time they did not find anything wrong with it.
then it was "repaired" ...same problem occured as soon as i got it back.
Then the unit was replaced with a new...no it´s not new. it´s always factory refurbished when projector manufacturers talk about
replacing the unit with new. And how can you tell how old technically the "new" projector is ? no way.
anyways got it back..F*** dust in the optics. here we go again.
so no i got it back, i have not tested it yet.
The fun part is that as this is different unit it may develop the same problem.

have you tried turning it on just after it goes off ?
post #726 of 740 Old 05-18-2016, 02:09 PM

ok. i tested it.
converge is good..check
dust is gone ..check
Colors´......WTF ...image is much washed out than the other one.
jippii. im ****ed.
...it´s little by little starting to look like im gonna change projectors. This is BULL****......
post #727 of 740 Old 05-19-2016, 05:20 AM

have anyone of you tried replace lamps on your hc5 ?

i wonder if the duller colors are affected by lamp changed in the service?
allthough i don´t know if it has been changed as i have not gotten any answer yet.

Is there any way to check the firmware ?

is there any way to flash never if older ?
post #728 of 740 Old 05-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan Janne View Post
have anyone of you tried replace lamps on your hc5 ?

i wonder if the duller colors are affected by lamp changed in the service?
allthough i don´t know if it has been changed as i have not gotten any answer yet.

Is there any way to check the firmware ?

is there any way to flash never if older ?
You can try enabling the physical color filter Picture1 -> Cinema Filter -> Movie to see if perhaps your colors are undersaturated from what you expect.
post #729 of 740 Old 05-19-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
You can try enabling the physical color filter Picture1 -> Cinema Filter -> Movie to see if perhaps your colors are undersaturated from what you expect.
you propably have not followed my "case"

i have dual projector passive 3d setup. and i was comparing the color performance to the other projector.
I know lcd ect projectors have more difference in each projector than with dlp but there is pretty big difference in my mind.
but it could be explained by new lamp vs. 1000h or different lamp. i have not gotten any ansver yet from the repair shop that
what they did. but i just wanted to ask prehand if anybody has aquired spare lamps and found out they don´t quite match the color performance of the original.
post #730 of 740 Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
you propably have not followed my "case"

i have dual projector passive 3d setup. and i was comparing the color performance to the other projector.
I know lcd ect projectors have more difference in each projector than with dlp but there is pretty big difference in my mind.
but it could be explained by new lamp vs. 1000h or different lamp. i have not gotten any ansver yet from the repair shop that
what they did. but i just wanted to ask prehand if anybody has aquired spare lamps and found out they don´t quite match the color performance of the original.
I don't have a long history with projectors to speak to the typical difference between a new and old bulb, but why not swap the bulbs between the projectors and see what you get? Only takes a few minutes.

If the issue doesn't follow the bulb then I'd suggest to (roughly) calibrate both projectors using a colorimeter (e.g., i1Display Pro 3) and calibration software (several free options). Unless something is wrong with the repaired unit, you should be able to match the two projectors color performance -- which I'd think you'd want for a dual passive setup anyways (although you will also likely need to compensate for each of the passive filters).
post #731 of 740 Old 05-20-2016, 03:34 PM

actually i don´t need to test the lamps as with black test image i can see that the black on this "serviced" projector compared to my older better hc5 are like new black jeans vs. 10 years in the washing machine black jeans.
It´s causing the "lack of pop" in colors. And you can imagine what it does to those inky blacks.
4 times in service and i still have a broken ****. Gotta say great for the effort but sad for the result.
post #732 of 740 Old 05-21-2016, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
It´s causing the "lack of pop" in colors. And you can imagine what it does to those inky blacks.
Have you re-adjusted the Brightness control to see if it improves the black level?
post #733 of 740 Old 05-21-2016, 07:28 AM

i forgot to test as when i compared the projector to my other hc5 i had to turn brightness donw to -25 to get the image looking near the same "not washed out" but as soon as i started the movie i had to bring it up to 0 again as all the blacks were crushed.

here the projectors black test page . up is my better hc5
both projector cinema mode filtter on brightness and all settings off or 0
ire 0
color 6500
gamma2.2

post #734 of 740 Old 05-21-2016, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
i forgot to test as when i compared the projector to my other hc5 i had to turn brightness donw to -25 to get the image looking near the same "not washed out" but as soon as i started the movie i had to bring it up to 0 again as all the blacks were crushed.

here the projectors black test page . up is my better hc5
both projector cinema mode filtter on brightness and all settings off or 0
There is indeed a noticeable difference between the two at the same setting. However, it's best to adjust the black level individually using the proper test pattern, to ensure Level 16 is as black as it can be, while at the same time ensuring Level 17 or 18 are barely visible.
post #735 of 740 Old 05-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
There is indeed a noticeable difference between the two at the same setting. However, it's best to adjust the black level individually using the proper test pattern, to ensure Level 16 is as black as it can be, while at the same time ensuring Level 17 or 18 are barely visible.
You did not get it. It can´t go blacker than that as it´s the black test page of the projector. Blackest it can get
post #736 of 740 Old 05-25-2016, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
actually i don´t need to test the lamps as with black test image i can see that the black on this "serviced" projector compared to my older better hc5 are like new black jeans vs. 10 years in the washing machine black jeans.
I'm afraid it has to do with panel degradation not lamp age, unfortunately...
post #737 of 740 Old 05-25-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post
I'm afraid it has to do with panel degradation not lamp age, unfortunately...
So my worst fear has come true , they changed my 1000h used projector into a new , that i learned was not new, as there was dust on panels. and
actually is so old, propably thousand and thousands of hours used as it´s panels have already degraded to every panel passes too much light through and so
causes black to wash out ??? are you shure ?
****. As i was about to finally get my setup into a good state and it´s so awsome 2d and 3d these babys produce, The Eecolor boxes made a difference in the color balance with omega filtters.
.............all though i did not notice drop in overal black level when the projector left for the cleaning....
I did get an disturbing mail in the middle of the service proces about he having problems...

Last edited by Vaan Janne; 05-25-2016 at 07:29 AM.
post #738 of 740 Old 05-25-2016, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So my worst fear has come true , they changed my 1000h used projector into a new , that i learned was not new, as there was dust on panels. and
actually is so old, propably thousand and thousands of hours used as it´s panels have already degraded to every panel passes too much light through and so
causes black to wash out ??? are you shure ?
Just before I sold my HC5 I did a test by placing a piece of A4 paper just 5 inch from the lens. I was taken aback by what I saw. The panel non-uniformity was horrid, green and blue blobs here and there. Of course it wasn't that noticable on the screen. Plus I had a feeling that the contrast was not what it was in the beginning.

As you know Mitsubishi used Sony panels. Now remember than Sony panel degradation thread...
post #739 of 740 Old 05-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post
Just before I sold my HC5 I did a test by placing a piece of A4 paper just 5 inch from the lens. I was taken aback by what I saw. The panel non-uniformity was horrid, green and blue blobs here and there. Of course it wasn't that noticable on the screen. Plus I had a feeling that the contrast was not what it was in the beginning.

As you know Mitsubishi used Sony panels. Now remember than Sony panel degradation thread...
Actually i have noticed that on my Better hc5 but i don´t think it could be the black problem...well soon i don´t care, it has been in service for 5 times now..

Have the never sony better panels ?

I actually noticed the blobs because in my mind the screen was more unified with omega filtters than it is now.
The filtters propably boost the errors.

are the panels pricy to change ? propably.

It would propably be wiser to change the other projector for 2 cheaper ones.
Epsons 5210 "new" is quite cheap. i just fear they aren´t that good with omega filtters, allthough i have the eecolor boxes to help.

Elix do you have any idea what projectors would give me large gamut like now but with better panels ?
post #740 of 740 Old 05-25-2016, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Elix do you have any idea what projectors would give me large gamut like now but with better panels ?
JVCs. Epson LS10000. That's probably it right now. Why do you need large gamut anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi Brand , Mitsubishi Electronics America , Mitsubishi Hc9000d 3d 1080p Lcd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc5 , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page