What will fulfill my needs? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys so needing help to narrow down my projector. I have ideas in my mind of what I want now but it's hard for me to translate the wants into data and specs.

My budget is no higher then 5k for screen and projector unless a couple hundred bucks would be a night and day difference then I can bump it a bit.

I am looking the best 2d picture I can get in both 16:9 and 2.35 so I'm not sure if a lens or lens memory is the way to go or if one is better then the other.

3d is last on my must have and to be honest if it does not even have it I would not care so knowing that if there is older projectors out there that are still amazing at 2d can can compete with today's contrast and picture quality I would like to know.

The throw distance can be whatever as I can put it anywhere in the room.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 585
What screen size and screen material are you looking at? If the screen is 120" wide or smaller I'd say a JVC DLA-RS45 or RS46 would be the perfect fit for you. The best 2D performance in your price range and it has lens memory for various aspect ratios.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FS: JVC DLA-X500 (Current Model) - $3195
FS: Planar PD8150 1080p DLP Projector - With Upgraded DarkChip 4 DLP DMD - $2495
post #3 of 3 Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yea looking at about 120" wide screen the material I'm not sure. I have an app that says how to lay the room and everything out and it calls for a 9' W by 5' H screen so I think I could place the center speaker above or below the screen. But I have read a lot that AT screens are a must and the speaker should be behind the screen do not sure right now.

What's the difference between the 45 and 46? And is lens memory just as good quality as a projector with an a lens?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page